* Liverpool 2023-2024 Thread *
69,509 Views | 1490 Replies
FriedTex
6:19p, 10/3/23
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

Posted about this on the ****housery thread, but figured I'd drop this here too. Just a terrible process.

What a **** show
AG@RICE
10:55p, 10/3/23
They put in a ton of "effort" to completely fail at their only job.

So much money goes into this game and its governed by a bunch of idiots.
YNWA.2013
10:34a, 10/4/23
Klopp really calling for a replay of the match vs Tottenham?
-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
11:53a, 10/4/23
In reply to YNWA.2013
Yeah, he kind of stepped in it, imo. It's not going to be replayed and it's better not to angle for that to happen. And I think the team had done pretty well in avoiding that up until his response this morning.
FriedTex
7:10p, 10/4/23
In reply to jeffk
That's the German coming out of him - I like it
Unemployed
7:36p, 10/4/23
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

Yeah, he kind of stepped in it, imo. It's not going to be replayed and it's better not to angle for that to happen. And I think the team had done pretty well in avoiding that up until his response this morning.
He said it's the right thing to do but knows that it's not going to happen.

Same as the right thing to do was to stop the game and give the goal to Diaz but the VAR official knew that was not allowed per the rules since the ref already restarted the game.
jeffk
6:29a, 10/5/23
OregonAggie
7:39a, 10/5/23
ChipFTAC01
8:53a, 10/5/23
The Mac Allister derby!
YNWA.2013
2:19p, 10/5/23
Why not start Jones since he can't play this weekend anyway? Let him play LW and rest Darwin or Salah for the weekend.

In other news, y'all see that a PL independent panel concluded that Jota should not have been sent off vs Tottenham? The ineptitude of that match continues to come through.
-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
8:00p, 10/5/23
Nice win and fun to see Gravy get his first goal as a Red.

And yeah, they didn't overturn Jones' red card and we also got a nice fine for the amount of cards we received in the Spurs match. So yeah, that's awesome.
jeffk
6:26a, 10/8/23
ChipFTAC01
7:39a, 10/8/23
ChipFTAC01
7:40a, 10/8/23
In reply to Ag-in-a-Box
Ag-in-a-Box said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Any SA Liverpool fans on here? We're going to go stay at my in laws place in Alamo Heights and I think the pub by their house (The Winchester on Broadway) is a Liverpool bar. Might take the opportunity for some communal day drinking with a pub in walking distance. Not sure if they're open for a 8a kick.

All signs point to maybe. Looks like they've opened early for games recently, the SA group still meets there to watch games, but I'm not finding anything specific to this weekend.

It is open fyi. Headed down in a minute.
hoosierAG
8:23a, 10/8/23
Well, at least it took 20 minutes this time to concede an unnecessary goal.
ChipFTAC01
10:12a, 10/8/23
Ugh. What a flat ****ing performance. Don't deserve anything more than a point.
jeffk
11:15a, 10/8/23
Played better in the second half. Unlucky not to score a third but lucky BHA didn't grab another too. Sucks not to get all three points, but that's the way it goes sometimes.
jeffk
3:34p, 10/8/23
I had missed the play that sent everyone into a tizzy regarding a "missed handball" on VVD. Here's video of it. Immediate deflection from his thigh into his arm… you know, the very thing the law was rewritten to keep from being called handling. Lol.

Ag-in-a-Box
4:57p, 10/8/23
In reply to ChipFTAC01
ChipFTAC01 said:

Ag-in-a-Box said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Any SA Liverpool fans on here? We're going to go stay at my in laws place in Alamo Heights and I think the pub by their house (The Winchester on Broadway) is a Liverpool bar. Might take the opportunity for some communal day drinking with a pub in walking distance. Not sure if they're open for a 8a kick.

All signs point to maybe. Looks like they've opened early for games recently, the SA group still meets there to watch games, but I'm not finding anything specific to this weekend.

It is open fyi. Headed down in a minute.

Wish this game was yesterday morning and I could have made it. Did they have the kitchen going for any English breakfast specialties?
ChipFTAC01
5:42p, 10/8/23
Nope. Kitchen doesn't open until 10. One of the Newcastle fans had a box of donuts so they could serve beer.
jeffk
3:04p, 10/12/23
Andy left the Scotland game with a shoulder injury. Supposedly looked pretty serious.
joemeister
6:40p, 10/12/23
Mid-season international breaks are stupid.
eiggA2002
11:59a, 10/13/23
And guess who has the 6:30am kickoff again after the next international break in November??

It's Tsimi time! Also wouldn't be surprised if they just played three CBs with Trent in some of the games.
jeffk
11:43a, 10/14/23
In reply to eiggA2002
I saw we've had 12 early kickoffs after break since Klopp arrived. Next highest is six!
eiggA2002
9:38a, 10/18/23
Diaz, Darwin, and Mac all played 90 minutes last night in South America. Could be in for some changes on Saturday AM. Last time only Mac started and he played 45'. Sounds like Gakpo and Bajetic are doubts for Saturday as well. Cujo still suspended. Robbo out for a while obviously. Some of the SAs will have to play. It's more rest than Europa Thursday night and Sunday PL and assume Mac and Darwin/Diaz will start.

Thankfully no more IBs (checks notes) for four whole weeks!
ChipFTAC01
10:39a, 10/18/23
I'd play mo and Jota and then planning on giving Diaz and Darwin a halfish each and moving Jota between the left and center.

Dom on the left and elliott on the right. Maybe endo at the 6. He played 90' for Japan on Tuesday.
jeffk
7:45a, 10/20/23
From Klopp's presser: Robertson to have shoulder surgery so he's out for a good long while (probably the rest of the season). Baj and Thiago and Ben Doak are all still out. Gakpo sounds like he's getting close to being able to play. SA players got back a day earlier than last IB and trained with the team.
ChipFTAC01
8:23a, 10/20/23
What happened to Ben doak?

Article I just read said 10-12 weeks on Andy. Could be worse. Maybe back for the stretch?
AG@RICE
8:45a, 10/20/23
Andy will likely be back in January. We don't have the worst set of fixtures in that time, but it's going to be difficult without him. Tsimi can replicate his offense, but he isn't in the same universe defensively. I think we will see all kinds of "solutions" at that position. They will certainly use Gomez more, but I wouldn't be surprised if Endo made an appearance at LB.
AG@RICE
8:46a, 10/20/23
In reply to ChipFTAC01
I believe Klopp said it was a muscle issue.
jeffk
8:56a, 10/20/23
In reply to ChipFTAC01
You're right. Pearce said Robbo was out for the rest of 2023 and I misinterpreted that as season.
OregonAggie
6:12a, 10/21/23

Tx_Aggie15
6:16a, 10/21/23
ChipFTAC01
6:22a, 10/21/23
I woke up at 545 this morning and instantly started debating if I want to get out of bed. I think ive decided that sports don't bring me much joy only disappointment and frustration. This is probably Aggie Footballs fault. And 35 years of watching the Rangers trip over their own dicks. And maybe it's why I've jumped in so hard with LFC, an amazing organization that wins big things. But you have a lot more seasons like 2023 than 2020. Most seasons will end without a trophy.

Maybe I should just go work out. Liverpool should win this game today but a win probably won't make me happy and a loss will only start my day off grumpy. At least A&M can't lose today.
Tx_Aggie15
7:23a, 10/21/23
In reply to ChipFTAC01
Damn man, it's just a game.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 14 of 43
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >