* Liverpool 2023-2024 Thread *
69,525 Views | 1490 Replies
YNWA.2013
11:21a, 2/4/24
Lol 1-1 and we haven't had a single shot on goal
-FTA c/o 2013
hoosierAG
11:23a, 2/4/24
We didn't even have a shot on goal yet we are tied lol.

Time for Klopp to work his ht magic as we look like we are half asleep.
AG@RICE
12:23p, 2/4/24
Easily the worst performance of the year.
hoosierAG
12:24p, 2/4/24
Woof. Deserved to lose that one. Much better play by Arsenal. Simply got our arse kicked.

Let's get healthy and move on.
jeffk
1:14p, 2/4/24
Looking at the recap, I'm glad I wasn't able to watch this one. Gotta regroup and move forward.
ChipFTAC01
1:32p, 2/4/24
What a garbage game.
jeffk
4:56p, 2/4/24
Watched most of it this afternoon as it was rainy and couldn't get out to work in the yard. We really missed Szobo and Bradley. Trent and Robbo weren't ready and Mac had a bad day. Generated almost nothing up front and we were badly exposed on the flanks.

Kudos to Arsenal for taking advantage. They certainly deserved the win. But at the same time, they didn't do anything we shouldn't have been able to handle. We just didn't today. Been a long time since we lost a match; hopefully it'll be a long time before we lose another. Burnley and Brentford as our next two should help us get the ship righted.
eiggA2002
9:41a, 2/5/24
After one of our best performances in the past few years against Chelsea to one our worst in a long time. That was a stinker.

The injuries in this one really stood out.
jeffk
11:41a, 2/5/24
Non-game topic here: I've decided I want to get a poster or print for my office signed by Klopp. Is the best approach just to scour Ebay and other retailers to find one?

My search led me to buy a Klopp funko pop figure. Now I need to see if he'll come hang out with me at the World Cup and I can get him to sign it for me.
AG@RICE
12:29p, 2/5/24
In reply to jeffk
Do it: https://www.anfieldshop.com/products/liverpool-fc-signed-klopp-virgil-dual-framed-jersey?_pos=1&_sid=fec89bc4d&_ss=r

jeffk
12:43p, 2/5/24
In reply to AG@RICE
Y'all need to chip in.
OregonAggie
4:22p, 2/5/24
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

Non-game topic here: I've decided I want to get a poster or print for my office signed by Klopp. Is the best approach just to scour Ebay and other retailers to find one?

My search led me to buy a Klopp funko pop figure. Now I need to see if he'll come hang out with me at the World Cup and I can get him to sign it for me.

I bought that Funko pop figure too hahaha
jeffk
4:37p, 2/5/24
In reply to OregonAggie
I truly had to sit and think about whether to get the earlier one with glasses or the new one without them.
ChipFTAC01
4:50p, 2/5/24
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

I truly had to sit and think about whether to get the earlier one with glasses or the new one without them.

Is there one with or without veneers?
jeffk
5:03p, 2/5/24
In reply to ChipFTAC01
That's in the DLC.
hoosierAG
8:48p, 2/6/24
Get them both….coming from someone who may or may not have almost all the Liverpool funkos
jeffk
6:47a, 2/7/24
In reply to hoosierAG
How many we talking here? Can you field a full 11?
hoosierAG
7:02a, 2/7/24
In reply to jeffk
I have Alisson, TAA, the 2 Klopp's, Robbo, Diaz, the 2 Salah's, Firmino, VVD, and Nunez.

I think the only 2 I am missing that have been made are Mane and Hendo.
YNWA.2013
7:43a, 2/8/24
Reports surfacing this morning that Thiago is injured again...

Szobozlai could return "sooner than expected" and Salah has yet to return to full first team. So this weekend's match vs Burnley comes too soon for the pair.

Only one likely to return is Tsimikas.
So the Unavailable List currently reads:
- Konate (suspension)
- Thiago (fragile)
- Szobozlai (hamstring)
- Salah (hamstring)
- Matip (ACL)
- Bajcetic (adductor)
- Doak (meniscus)

-FTA c/o 2013
AG@RICE
8:59a, 2/8/24
In reply to YNWA.2013
I don't think Thiago will play anymore this year. He simply doesn't have the physical tools to play in our squad or in the EPL anymore. His only memorable contribution against Arsenal was a no-look give away that was completely unnecessary and almost resulted in an Arsenal goal.

If he has anything left in his career it will be in Spain where the game is less physical and the refs protect the players.
jeffk
11:26a, 2/8/24
In reply to YNWA.2013
YNWA.2013 said:

Reports surfacing this morning that Thiago is injured again...

He really did a grand opening / grand closing game?
ChipFTAC01
1:08p, 2/8/24
Abesimpsonwalkingintobordello.gif
eiggA2002
2:29p, 2/9/24
He turned into Naby Keita. RIP Thiago
RossG_2
9:17p, 2/9/24
Got a scoop from a real life Englishman at a work event the other day. Per him (a 40+ year season ticket holder at Newcastle who goes to the same barber as Kieran Trippier), the reason for Klopp's resignation is that his wife is ill.

I hope that's not the case but that's the word among the players right now.
FriedTex
9:35p, 2/9/24
In reply to RossG_2
RossG_2 said:

Got a scoop from a real life Englishman at a work event the other day. Per him (a 40+ year season ticket holder at Newcastle who goes to the same barber as Kieran Trippier), the reason for Klopp's resignation is that his wife is ill.

I hope that's not the case but that's the word among the players right now.

Makes me love him all the more
AG@RICE
10:45p, 2/9/24
I hope thats not true. Thats a curse I wish on no man.
jeffk
6:19a, 2/10/24
I really hope that's not the case.
jeffk
6:20a, 2/10/24
ChipFTAC01
6:22a, 2/10/24
AG@RICE
10:58a, 2/10/24
Really nice to see Harvey get involved today. He was playing really well at the beginning of the season, but when we bought Gravenberch there were too many options and he got shelved. I thought he should have started against Arsenal, but Klopp went with Gravey. Harvey might be physically limited, but he plays with great energy and can really play a pass. He really proved his worth today. MOTM for me in only 45 minutes (although Kellher did a great job filling in for Ali today). He completely changed the quality of our attack.
jeffk
3:28p, 2/10/24
I missed the first half as we were at a fun run this morning. Glad to see us put the foot on the gas and take all three points from a bottom of the table side. Definitely are going to need everyone to chip in goals each week so it was nice to see Jota, Diaz, and Darwin all on the scoreline. Another full week off until the next league game. Hopefully we can get folks back healthy. Saw TAA left with another injury. Hope it's nothing serious.
AG@RICE
11:06a, 2/14/24
Good news: Mo back in training!
Bad news: TAA out for a bit with a knee issue and will miss the Cup final.
eiggA2002
12:55p, 2/16/24
Alisson out with a hammy. Medical staff is having a hell of a month
hoosierAG
1:55p, 2/16/24
In reply to eiggA2002
Good grief...he was just back the other day training after being out sick.

Edit: yep, pulled up in the very last training session before traveling. Sheesh.
ChipFTAC01
5:41a, 2/17/24
Mo on the bench!
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 27 of 43
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE