****Tottenham Hotspur FC 23-24****
40,927 Views | 784 Replies
Forum Troll
8:57a, 8/13/23
2 goals from the back line, exactly as planned.
DeangeloVickers
8:57a, 8/13/23
**** yeah

Let's go

Really fun to watch football and not passing backwards
Forum Troll
9:06a, 8/13/23
Shaky back 4 again but with Romero going off early it's hard to judge.

Emerson got caught out a few times though.
gougler08
9:12a, 8/13/23
In reply to Forum Troll
Royal on defense is pretty horrible, that winger is just blowing by him time and time again

But then he scores so maybe it balances?
Forum Troll
9:18a, 8/13/23
The other thing I noticed is Ange plays the fullbacks pretty narrow in the final third.
gcracker13
9:38a, 8/13/23
Fullbacks have been narrow but they're also way up high and attacking.

Also Bissouma and Mattison are fun to watch. It's nice to be playing attacking football again
DeangeloVickers
9:40a, 8/13/23
Maddison and Bissouma have been incredible

Skipp aint it in this system...would love to see Lo Celso
He;s done a lot of walking and being in the way
Zombie Jon Snow
9:49a, 8/13/23
In reply to DeangeloVickers
DeangeloVickers said:

SCXE6454544UPHEUIE66 15% off promo code

Damn't did not buy fast enough. It accepted it at first but I left it in my cart and now it says it is not valid.

DeangeloVickers
9:49a, 8/13/23
Skipp off...we might not see him in a long while

Son wasn't getting it done either.

New manager making quite the impression
DeangeloVickers
9:51a, 8/13/23
In reply to Zombie Jon Snow
That's weird?!?! It's a promo from Spurs

Try this one for money off too
OHSQW057781RQ976CPE43
Zombie Jon Snow
9:54a, 8/13/23
In reply to DeangeloVickers
DeangeloVickers said:

That's weird?!?! It's a promo from Spurs

Try this one for money off too
OHSQW057781RQ976CPE43

worked
DeangeloVickers
10:04a, 8/13/23
Richarlison has been poor

Id love to see Son up top and Perisic on the left
DeangeloVickers
10:10a, 8/13/23
Shared the point

The Son PK was ****

Really fun being on the front foot. Ive always admired Maddison, but he is brilliant. Too early for him to be my favorite Spur?!?!?
Forum Troll
10:11a, 8/13/23
Richarlison first touch a few times let him down. Son at 9 and perisic out wide would be interesting.

The first 25 minutes of the second half they looked really dangerous on the attack.

Maddison is a beast.
DeangeloVickers
10:12a, 8/13/23

Forum Troll
10:23a, 8/13/23
Probably a lot of split between Maddison and Bissouma, they bossed the midfield today.
gcracker13
10:32a, 8/13/23
Yeah Maddison and Bissouma definitely found their way into my favorite conversation today.

Also going to need more from Richarlison. Or they need to invest in someone else because he was nonexistent today.
DeangeloVickers
10:33a, 8/13/23
B$Weigem
10:51a, 8/13/23
Very solid opening game for the new squad and manager. Love Ange he has completely won me over.

Weak penalty given…really weak. Still a lot of improvements to be made and we will only get better.

COYS
DeangeloVickers
11:24a, 8/13/23
Im happy for Sanchez, I thought he played well....the new system suits him
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
1:13p, 8/13/23
Im not sure I get the love. That was boring as hell to watch. Front 3 barely had their names mentioned. We just passed around their box and created very few real chances. I hated that. Bissouma was good, every other player was non-existent. Goalkeeper looks to be an absolute disaster.

They were happy to give us possession because we couldnt do anything with it.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
1:23p, 8/13/23
In reply to Forum Troll
Forum Troll said:

Richarlison first touch a few times let him down. Son at 9 and perisic out wide would be interesting.

This is what has to happen. Making son stay close to the line takes away the best aspects of his game.
gcracker13
4:18p, 8/13/23
In reply to Ragnar Danneskjoldd
Yes but it's way better to watch than the sit back and grind out a 0-0 or 1-0 on the counter that we've been playing the last 3 years
Beau Bevers
5:42p, 8/13/23
In reply to gcracker13
gcracker13 said:

Yes but it's way better to watch than the sit back and grind out a 0-0 or 1-0 on the counter that we've been playing the last 3 years

This x1000
Zombie Jon Snow
6:34p, 8/13/23
I see we are in the early season blind hope phase as usual.
gcracker13
7:07p, 8/13/23
In reply to Zombie Jon Snow
Zombie Jon Snow said:

I see we are in the early season blind hope phase as usual.

I mean yes and no. I'm fully expecting 7-8th in the table but as long as it's more entertaining and we have a manager that actually wants to be here that's all I need right now
Marcus Aurelius
8:06p, 8/13/23
Dortmund fan I am. Kane to Bayern sucks. Feels like they are the only franchise in the Bundesliga that will throw serious $$ around. Dortmund always "developmental" approach.
DeangeloVickers
8:07p, 8/13/23
In reply to Marcus Aurelius
Marcus Aurelius said:

Dortmund fan I am. Kane to Bayern sucks. Feels like they are the only franchise in the Bundesliga that will throw serious $$ around. Dortmund always "developmental" approach.
Go Dortmund
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
8:50a, 8/14/23
In reply to gcracker13
gcracker13 said:

It was less effective than that. It was so much worse than that. I dont know what "front foot" means. That was bland and boring soccer with a bunch of side to side passing and then back to the goal keeper.

I will say Madison looked pretty good as a creator, but man he had absolutely nothing to work with. Im very worried about what I saw yesterday. Its also weird that our fanbase (not just here, but seems to be general consensus) is saying "wow, we almost beat brentford!". We scored a goal from a set piece and converted a really low percentage shot from a RB. Attack had absolutely no teeth, which is what Ive been told is the strength of this coach.
gcracker13
9:23a, 8/14/23
In reply to Ragnar Danneskjoldd
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

gcracker13 said:

It was less effective than that. It was so much worse than that. I dont know what "front foot" means. That was bland and boring soccer with a bunch of side to side passing and then back to the goal keeper.

I will say Madison looked pretty good as a creator, but man he had absolutely nothing to work with. Im very worried about what I saw yesterday. Its also weird that our fanbase (not just here, but seems to be general consensus) is saying "wow, we almost beat brentford!". We scored a goal from a set piece and converted a really low percentage shot from a RB. Attack had absolutely no teeth, which is what Ive been told is the strength of this coach.

That's completely fair and I would even agree. But we've also been told that it will take some time to adapt to his system. We just lost one of the greatest strikers in the world not 48 hours before. I think we had 4 friendlies? It'll take some times. Yeah we were toothless in attack and shouldn't be happy with a draw to Brentford but there is definitely reason for optimism
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
9:25a, 8/14/23
sorry to whine, im just so sick of it all.
themissinglink
9:59a, 8/14/23
Only the beginning. Listening to Ange's post-game comments, he wasn't thrilled with the attack either. His system has taken time to implement at all his stops.
gougler08
10:16a, 8/14/23
I was surprised at how narrow he had the outside backs playing during the attack, just felt like everything bogged down
TresPuertas
10:54a, 8/14/23
In reply to Marcus Aurelius
Marcus Aurelius said:

i feel like the Dortmund/Spurs Venn diagram is pretty overlapping. i'm a pretty big fan as well and hated seeing Kane go to BM.

but oh well.
DeangeloVickers
9:51p, 8/15/23
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 4 of 23
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE