My least favorite thing about high school soccer…

23,842 Views | 414 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by Ghost of Andrew Eaton
bigjag19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Really need more info on the GK Red.
taylorswift13_
Mathguy64 said:

jessexy said:

Hearing about a fight in Region IV boys regionals. Don't know which teams or which division. Surely there's someone out there ready to blame the refs though.

R4 4A in Corpus. Full on masscon. I saw a clip this morning. I think the game ended 8v8.
Progreso vs La Vernia! Started with some shirt pulling then punches thrown then turned into many in brawl with a few on the floor! 7 ejections I believe! Came out on the local news
Jim01
AG
PNG girl was reportedly talking trash to our goalie. "You suck!", "You can't even punt!", "You couldn't block a shot to save your life!" And stuff.

FW goalie snaps and yells at her to STFU! Ref hears it, deems is taunting and immediately gives her a red card.

It was a 1-0 game with a little over 15 min left in first half.
the_phoenix612
AG
King Koda said:

When didn't any of the officials on this site comment on this decision?

I don't understand the question.

If it impacts anyone's thinking, the keeper had been warned three times in four shots about coming off her line
jessexy
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Mathguy64 said:

jessexy said:

Hearing about a fight in Region IV boys regionals. Don't know which teams or which division. Surely there's someone out there ready to blame the refs though.

R4 4A in Corpus. Full on masscon. I saw a clip this morning. I think the game ended 8v8.
Progreso vs La Vernia! Started with some shirt pulling then punches thrown then turned into many in brawl with a few on the floor! 7 ejections I believe! Came out on the local news
The Progreso Mighty Red Ants!!!! Love them.
Rudyjax
AG
the_phoenix612 said:

King Koda said:

If it impacts anyone's thinking, the keeper had been warned three times in four shots about coming off her line

But she wasn't off the line on this one.

The same referee called a very questionable handball in the box in the Flower Mound Prosper boys game today.

They make mistakes. That one in the SL game was huge.
the_phoenix612
AG
Rudyjax said:

the_phoenix612 said:

King Koda said:

The same referee called a very questionable handball in the box in the Flower Mound Prosper boys game today.

Nah, the FM defender chicken winged and made himself bigger. It was a solid call.

His last match before this weekend was also El Salvador - Honduras so I think he's decent
Rudyjax
AG
the_phoenix612 said:

Rudyjax said:

the_phoenix612 said:

King Koda said:

Nah, the FM defender chicken winged and made himself bigger. It was a solid call.

His last match before this weekend was also El Salvador - Honduras so I think he's decent

Ok. Looked down to me.
King Koda
AG
The referees on this site seemed to avoid providing their thoughts on the call. I was just asking them to give their input.

Whether he warned her prior or not is either irrelevant or makes the call more egregious since she was obviously not off her line. In the image immediately after the kick, you can even see her taking a false step behind the line so no advantage was gained.

I also never questioned his standing or quality as an official. I also didn't post that it was the reason for the game going the way it did. Over the last 15 years, Region 1 has been tougher to win that the state championship round, so it was obviously a very big call.
the_phoenix612
AG
King Koda said:

The referees on this site seemed to avoid providing their thoughts on the call. I was just asking them to give their input.

Whether he warned her prior or not is either irrelevant or makes the call more egregious since she was obviously not off her line. In the image immediately after the kick, you can even see her taking a false step behind the line so no advantage was gained.

I also never questioned his standing or quality as an official. I also didn't post that it was the reason for the game going the way it did. Over the last 15 years, Region 1 has been tougher to win that the state championship round, so it was obviously a very big call.

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying!

Btw I am also a referee on this site. I had a pretty decent view of it live and the video/images are from far enough off parallel from the goal line that it's hard to draw much of a conclusion.
Rudyjax
AG
the_phoenix612 said:

King Koda said:

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying!

Btw I am also a referee on this site. I had a pretty decent view of it live and the video/images are from far enough off parallel from the goal line that it's hard to draw much of a conclusion.

But she doesn't move until the ball was kicked. Should the AR tell her to go back to the line? Did he? Did she not do that?

And thanks for responding.
King Koda
AG
Thanks for your input. I didn't take the video but was sitting in line with the goal and couldn't tell if the call was right or not in real time. It was a well officiated match overall and a shame that this wasn't the state championship game. I couldn't argue with the DOGSO and felt like the center gave leeway to both teams on possible penalty kicks. When the AR made the call I was hoping it was clear and obvious so these discussions wouldn't diminish an overall well-played and well-officiated match.
Rudyjax
AG
Winner of region 1 has won 16 of the last 18 titles.

And with Marcus' best player out with a knee injury, it definitely was the two best teams in the state playing.

Now, anything can happen on any given day, but we all know the best soccer is played in Region 1.
the_phoenix612
AG
King Koda said:

Thanks for your input. I didn't take the video but was sitting in line with the goal and couldn't tell if the call was right or not in real time. It was a well officiated match overall and a shame that this wasn't the state championship game. I couldn't argue with the DOGSO and felt like the center gave leeway to both teams on possible penalty kicks. When the AR made the call I was hoping it was clear and obvious so these discussions wouldn't diminish an overall well-played and well-officiated match.
I'm a big fan of a high bar to give a penalty so I totally agreed with the center's no-calls on the penalty appeals. SLC #34 in particular was seeking out contact and going down easy all game.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
We got knocked out in OT yesterday. The game was there for the taking.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
jessexy
AG
I tend to not comment on other officiating decisions because it's usually asked with context attached. It's asked by a fan or coach with a slanted bias, or with a 14-second video clip where the context is too short.

I can't get inside that referee's head for the decision he or she is making. I also can't tell what the context of the entire game is either, which is very important when making a decision to me in my game. I have a plan when I'm in the middle. I'm seeing the flow of the game and communicating with the major and minor characters, building a relationship over 90 minutes. I'm reading what they can and can't do and seeing how that impacts the context of the game in one moment.

So I usually only comment on this board with fact-based answers that provide context on how a decision is made, not the how or why. Sorry if that's too many words
jessexy
AG
the_phoenix612 said:

Rudyjax said:

the_phoenix612 said:

King Koda said:

Was at the game with my daughter, just as a spectator. Handball looked like the right call for me too. Defender had his arms out to start the play and ended up with them tucked behind his back too late. Defender didn't argue either.

#5 committed the handball and #4 was the one that got the card for arguing. #4 and his mouth were a problem during FM v. Allen also. He was the only player on my radar to get a card.

I'm not sure that referee is reffing any Honduras v El Salvador games outside of the Sunday men's league in the local Hispanic league. He was good enough for HS Regionals though. I didn't like his management of the pk. He carded a FM player and then took extra time to speak with the FM coach before allowing the pk to be taken; essentially icing the Prosper kid with all the time to think about it. And it was saved. That was unfair, IMO. Prosper earned the pk cuz FM committed the handling but the extra time worked against them.
the_phoenix612
AG
jessexy said:

the_phoenix612 said:

Rudyjax said:

the_phoenix612 said:

King Koda said:

Was at the game with my daughter, just as a spectator. Handball looked like the right call for me too. Defender had his arms out to start the play and ended up with them tucked behind his back too late. Defender didn't argue either.

#5 committed the handball and #4 was the one that got the card for arguing. #4 and his mouth were a problem during FM v. Allen also. He was the only player on my radar to get a card.

I'm not sure that referee is reffing any Honduras v El Salvador games outside of the Sunday men's league in the local Hispanic league. He was good enough for HS Regionals though. I didn't like his management of the pk. He carded a FM player and then took extra time to speak with the FM coach before allowing the pk to be taken; essentially icing the Prosper kid with all the time to think about it. And it was saved. That was unfair, IMO. Prosper earned the pk cuz FM committed the handling but the extra time worked against them.
Lol. Check soccerway my dude. Sean is a certified badass and a USSF national badge.
jessexy
AG
Cool then. If that's him then I really don't like the management of the pk.
whodatboy18
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Mathguy64 said:

jessexy said:

Yeah, it came out of nowhere quickly, especially as the instigator was on the winning team with 6 minute left and had gotten the foul call, zero discipline. I was AR in the game, 6 reds, three apiece, and we missed two more. The UIL came in that night and suspended the extra player from Progreso. They probably would have beaten Boerne with those 4 starters.
jessexy
AG
Was the game terminated? I noticed in the brackets that Boerne progressed through with no opponent listed for the Regional Final. and there was no score listed on the Progreso semifinal game.
whodatboy18
AG
No, it finished 8 v 8 and the final was played the next day with a score of 1-0. The semifinal finished 3-2 Progreso. I do not know why the bracket was shown empty.

We actually asked why there weren't any police at the stadium prior to the game. Needless to say, they had plenty the rest of the tournament. Progreso earned another red card during the final for a player cursing out the 4th official.
carl spacklers hat
whodatboy18 said:

No, it finished 8 v 8 and the final was played the next day with a score of 1-0. The semifinal finished 3-2 Progreso. I do not know why the bracket was shown empty.

We actually asked why there weren't any police at the stadium prior to the game. Needless to say, they had plenty the rest of the tournament. Progreso earned another red card during the final for a player cursing out the 4th official.
Puro 956 ALV!
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
jeffk
AG
Them Red Ants are ornery!
Rudyjax
AG
Anyone have a good bracket on this weekends games?
jessexy
AG
https://www.uiltexas.org/soccer/state/brackets
Rudyjax
AG
jessexy said:

https://www.uiltexas.org/soccer/state/brackets

I think the times are off on some of those though. It has the 6A Boys final at 6:30 when it's really 1:30.
jeffk
AG
Crazy that Navasota is in the state tourney. The school didn't put Jack into the program for forever. Awful coaches, no travel, poor equipment, etc. Heck, they were still playing in the snake pit well into the 2010s with a single bank of lights because their AD didn't want them on the new football turf.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
D/FW is dominating the girls' tournament again.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.