Mexico vs Brazil

15,960 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by BobOliver2006
txagpapi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know friendly was just announced, but does anyone know when tickets would go on sale? Would love to experience a soccer game at Kyle!!!
wangus12
AG
has it actually been confirmed by either team that its happening at Kyle Field? I'm 1000% going if it is
Juan Solo
AG
It's confirmed, no game time yet. Just venue and date
Rudyjax
AG
wow.
deadbq03
AG
Best of luck to y'all, but I'm out.

Traffic and parking are bad enough on normal game days with people who've done it before. Hard to imagine what it'll be like with 80-110k people who've never been there before, especially with many of them not speaking English.
agdoc2001
AG
Going to be so many sabritones bags in the msc grass
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
deadbq03
AG
Yeah I was thinking about that factor too… just a lot of general chaos around campus. Any Aggie who goes is probably gonna spend most of their time ticked off at the disrespect.
jeffk
AG
All I've seen so far is from one reporter on Twitter. Nothing official yet from either federation or A&M, right?
wangus12
AG
Just the guy from Univision right? That's the only place I've seen it. USAToday published an online article, but its all the same info
jeffk
AG
Yeah, all other sources are just quoting him as far as I can tell.
Agthatbuilds
How big is the grass area at kyle?
Mathguy64
AG
Someone is gonna die. June game at Kyle. It will be 110.
Agthatbuilds
It's not that warm in early June, usually the highs are in the upper 80s or low 90s. Rarely gets above 95 that time of year. Game will probably start around 8pm.

Will probably be warm, but comfortable.
Rudyjax
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Not that much hotter than September.
Mathguy64
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

It's not that warm in early June, usually the highs are in the upper 80s or low 90s. Rarely gets above 95 that time of year. Game will probably start around 8pm.

Will probably be warm, but comfortable.
By September the traditional heat wave will have broken. We had like 45 straight days over 100 last year. It was brutal.
Mathguy64
AG
By the way, I'm not convinced this happens. There are pretty strict international rules governing stadiums. There can't be bench seating at all. Every butt has to have its own seat.
txagpapi
AG
there's 76 million reasons this game has to happen at Kyle....lol
Rudyjax
AG
Mathguy64 said:

By the way, I'm not convinced this happens. There are pretty strict international rules governing stadiums. There can't be bench seating at all. Every butt has to have its own seat.
Are you sure that applies to friendlies?
txagpapi
AG
correct. still nothing from either side confirming this to be true. Univision ran with it though, so we'll see if they retract their article
wangus12
AG
Rudyjax said:

Mathguy64 said:

Not that much hotter than September.
June 8th high temps in College Station the last 5 years

2023: 91
2022: 97
2021: 90
2020: 91
2019: 93

For comparison, on September 8th (usually around our 2nd football game of the year).

2023: 109
2022: 92
2021: 96
2020: 85
2019: 99
randy828
AG
El Nino is supposed to be fading and we may be in a "neutral" phase in June.

Quote:

So when El Nino fades, what then?

Just the opposite of what we've seen. I am expecting a summer that, while hot, will not be extreme like last year.
Koko Chingo
AG
I have a few ticket questions.

Has there been any word on tickets? I didn't see anything via Google search.

Any guess on how much tickets will cost? I would like to get 5 or 6 as a gift for my boys (high school age) so they can take some of their friends. I have a feeling the price point may prevent that from happening.

wangus12
AG
We're still waiting to see it be actually confirmed by either Nation. Only source has been one reporter on Univision so far
YNWA.2013
I've only seen The Eagle and Sports Illustrated talk about this in February but nothing from either national team or from A&M. So is this happening?
-FTA c/o 2013
Rudyjax
AG
I don't think Kyle Field is wide enough.

They'd have to use all the grass, and it still would be narrow. Which is ok. My concern is that the field is really close to the stands and Mexican fans have never gotten excited and thrown things on the pitch before.

randy828
AG
Quote:

Kyle Field may host Mexico-Brazil friendly in June
www.sportsbusinessjournal.com
kyle-field-texas-am-may-host-brazil-mexico-friendly

Kyle Field "could welcome the largest football crowd in the history of the United States" this June, as a journalist with Univson's TUDN network reported that Texas A&M's stadium will "host a friendly" between the Mexican and Brazilian men's national soccer teams on June 8. Texas A&M Associate AD Alan Cannon "confirmed those talks are ongoing," but there is "no official announcement as of yet." The interest in both Brazil and Mexico, "paired with the novelty of watching them compete inside one of the largest stadiums in the world," could lead to "a new attendance record for a soccer game played on American soil." Kyle Field has the seating capacity for 102,733 fans, but it "has in the past increased its capacity by thousands through offering standing-room only tickets" (SAN ANTONIO EXPRESS-NEWS, 2/22).

Attendance records for U.S. soccer games
Table with 3 columns and 5 rows.EVENT
MATCHUP
ATTENDANCE2014 ICC (International Champions Cup)
Man United vs. Real Madrid at Michigan Stadium
2016 ICC
Chelsea vs. Real Madrid at Michigan Stadium
1984 Olympics
France vs. Brazil at the Rose Bowl
2018 ICC
Liverpool vs. Man United at Michigan Stadium
1984 Olympics
Yugoslavia vs. Italy at the Rose Bowl
BQ_90
AG
KF is only about 60 years wide from grass to grass. Do they care about that for a friendly?

I'm not sure they can widen it with the surface they have surrounding the field, part of which is drainage for the field
Rudyjax
AG
BQ_90 said:

KF is only about 60 years wide from grass to grass. Do they care about that for a friendly?

I'm not sure they can widen it with the surface they have surrounding the field, part of which is drainage for the field
They're not going to widen it. They'll use all the grass.

The only problem is that would you want to be a brazilian player that close to Mexican fans?

BQ_90
AG
Rudyjax said:

BQ_90 said:

They're not going to widen it. They'll use all the grass.

The only problem is that would you want to be a brazilian player that close to Mexican fans?

i'm sure the benches will have those bus stop covers for the bench players.

it's about 7 yards from first row of seat to the grass, what is the normal distance between stands and playing surface
wangus12
AG
BQ_90 said:

The World Cup qualifier against Canada in 2022 played was played on a CFL field with smaller dimension than Kyle I believe.
BQ_90
AG
i figured for a friendly it wouldn't matter. I don't follow it that close, but have there been any matches in the US where Mexican fans disrupted play? I realize there have been issues all over the world, but has that kind of stuff happened in the US? I would imagine we'd have hefty amount of security like we have for Aggie Football games
Rudyjax
AG
BQ_90 said:

i figured for a friendly it wouldn't matter. I don't follow it that close, but have there been any matches in the US where Mexican fans disrupted play? I realize there have been issues all over the world, but has that kind of stuff happened in the US? I would imagine we'd have hefty amount of security like we have for Aggie Football games
Have you not watched any game played US vs Mexico in the last few years?

Here's one.

This is in Denver.
BQ_90
AG
so why did they play that game if the fans where too close to the action? but its not like stuff like that hasn't happened at any college or NFL game. Hell we had worse than that throw at the FTAB at LSU and at tech
Rudyjax
AG
BQ_90 said:

so why did they play that game if the fans where too close to the action? but its not like stuff like that hasn't happened at any college or NFL game. Hell we had worse than that throw at the FTAB at LSU and at tech
Are you asking me that question?

I honestly don't want Mexican soccer fans any where near Kyle.

Anything under 30 yards is too close.

wangus12
AG
Rudyjax said:

BQ_90 said:

Are you asking me that question?

I honestly don't want Mexican soccer fans any where near Kyle.

Anything under 30 yards is too close.

Agreed. Mexico games need to be played in stadiums that have tracks around the field
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.