EPL Relegation Watch (2023-2024 Season)
11,029 Views | 226 Replies
oh no
2:18p, 4/12/24
I feel like Everton has barely survived by like 1-2 points every year for about 3 years and I expect that trend to continue.
wangus12
2:26p, 4/12/24
In reply to oh no
Depends. They haven't had the FA docking them a few points every couple months.
HTownAg98
12:28p, 4/13/24
59 South
1:43p, 4/13/24
Bees get the W! Beautiful day in west London.

59 South
1:55p, 4/14/24
Latest odds. Huge win for Palace today.
34blast
5:44p, 4/14/24
Ipswitch hangs on for now, for auto promotion. The top 3 teams are all not showing top form for promotion. The last playoff spot is still up for grabs. Will be exiting last 3/4 games

Champtionsip Table
Ugh can't insert image directly from computer without subcription

But Ipswich was a tie, tie, loss in last 3
Leichester lost, lost, win
Leeds loss, tie, loss
Rudyjax
6:08p, 4/14/24
Cheapo.

Aston94
11:43a, 4/17/24
Weekend didn't see many changes in the bottom, Forest may rue only claiming one point at home against Wolves, while Luton and Everton got destroyed on the road. Brentford are essentially safe now and Sheffield are essentially done.

Key Weekend Results
Brentford 2-0 Sheffield United
Burnley 1-1 Brighton
Man City 5-1 Luton
Nottingham Forest 2-2 Wolverhampton
Chelsea 6-0 Everton

Updated Standings
Team. Matches Played. Points. Goal Differential.
15. Brentford. 33 32 -11
16. Everton. 32 27 -16
17. Nottingham Forest. 33 26 -16
18. Luton. 33 25 -24
19. Burnley. 33 20 -35
20. Sheffield United 32 16 -54
Rudyjax
3:47p, 4/17/24
In reply to Aston94
Aston94 said:

Weekend didn't see many changes in the bottom, Forest may rue only claiming one point at home against Wolves, while Luton and Everton got destroyed on the road. Brentford are essentially safe now and Sheffield are essentially done.

Key Weekend Results
Brentford 2-0 Sheffield United
Burnley 1-1 Brighton
Man City 5-1 Luton
Nottingham Forest 2-2 Wolverhampton
Chelsea 6-0 Everton

Updated Standings
15. Brentford. 33 32 -11
16. Everton. 32 27 -16
18. Luton. 33 25 -24
19. Burnley. 33 20 -35
Opportunity this weekend for the relegation zone
18 Luton vs 15 Brentford
20 SU vs 19 Burnley
16 Everton Vs 17 Nottingham Forest
Aston94
1:21p, 4/18/24
As Rudy eluded to, this upcoming weekend is a pivotal one for the Relegation battle, as all 6 of the relegation battlers will be squaring off with one another. Three "six-pointer" matches in one weekend could lead to some wild ups and downs in the bottom of the table. This is really a make it or break it type weekend for Burnley and Luton especially, as they risk falling behind in points. There are not many more opportunities like this weekend, so all 6 teams will see this one as vital.

Updated Standings
15. Brentford. 33 32 -11
16. Everton. 32 27 -16
18. Luton. 33 25 -24
19. Burnley. 33 20 -35

Weekend Relegation Matches

Saturday

Luton v. Brentford (9am, Kenilworth Road, USA Network). Brentford will make the trip from the western reaches of London to the northern reaches of London for a matchup with the Hatters. With three points the Bees would find themselves 10 points away from the relegation line with four matches to play, essentially securing their safety. A Luton win would draw Brentford within 4 points of the Hatters, and leave them right in the relegation battle. Brentford have not lost in their last 4 matches, but only have one win over that time, while Luton come in going 1-3-1 for 4 points in their last 5. The Bees claimed a 3-1 win in December when the clubs met at Gtech Community Stadium. This game is a huge opportunity for Luton, so look for Kenilworth Road to be rocking on Saturday.

Sheffield United v. Burnley (9am, Bramall Lane, Peacock). Our two bottom dwellers meet on Saturday, both desperate for three points, as the Blades will welcome Burnley to South Yorkshire. Even three points are not likely enough for Sheffield, as they have fallen way off the race and would still be in last place, and at least seven points from 17th place with a win. Burnley on the other hand could get right back into the battle with three points. Burnley claimed a massive 5-0 win the last time the two clubs met in December at Turf Moor, so they will be looking for a repeat performance to keep their EPL dreams alive for next season.

Sunday
Everton v. Nottingham Forest (7:30am, Goodison Park, USA Network). Everton will welcome Forest to Liverpool for an unusual early Sunday kick off for two clubs who have both been hit with point deductions and are both hovering just above the relegation line. Both teams have had their troubles claiming three points from matches as of late, with the Toffees going 1-3-1 (4 points) in their last 5 and Forest claiming a record of 1-1-3 for 6 points over the same time span. Everton did take all three points when the clubs met at the City Grounds in December, winning 1-0. Expect a tight, tense match on Sunday that could see the loser in the bottom three if Luton were to win Saturday.

Should be a great weekend in the relegation fight, enjoy!

oh no
2:06p, 4/18/24
OregonAggie
8:56a, 4/20/24
In reply to Aston94
Aston94 said:

As Rudy eluded to, this upcoming weekend is a pivotal one for the Relegation battle, as all 6 of the relegation battlers will be squaring off with one another. Three "six-pointer" matches in one weekend could lead to some wild ups and downs in the bottom of the table. This is really a make it or break it type weekend for Burnley and Luton especially, as they risk falling behind in points. There are not many more opportunities like this weekend, so all 6 teams will see this one as vital.

Updated Standings
15. Brentford. 33 32 -11
16. Everton. 32 27 -16
18. Luton. 33 25 -24
19. Burnley. 33 20 -35

Weekend Relegation Matches

Saturday

Luton v. Brentford (9am, Kenilworth Road, USA Network). Brentford will make the trip from the western reaches of London to the northern reaches of London for a matchup with the Hatters. With three points the Bees would find themselves 10 points away from the relegation line with four matches to play, essentially securing their safety. A Luton win would draw Brentford within 4 points of the Hatters, and leave them right in the relegation battle. Brentford have not lost in their last 4 matches, but only have one win over that time, while Luton come in going 1-3-1 for 4 points in their last 5. The Bees claimed a 3-1 win in December when the clubs met at Gtech Community Stadium. This game is a huge opportunity for Luton, so look for Kenilworth Road to be rocking on Saturday.

Sheffield United v. Burnley (9am, Bramall Lane, Peacock). Our two bottom dwellers meet on Saturday, both desperate for three points, as the Blades will welcome Burnley to South Yorkshire. Even three points are not likely enough for Sheffield, as they have fallen way off the race and would still be in last place, and at least seven points from 17th place with a win. Burnley on the other hand could get right back into the battle with three points. Burnley claimed a massive 5-0 win the last time the two clubs met in December at Turf Moor, so they will be looking for a repeat performance to keep their EPL dreams alive for next season.

Sunday
Everton v. Nottingham Forest (7:30am, Goodison Park, USA Network). Everton will welcome Forest to Liverpool for an unusual early Sunday kick off for two clubs who have both been hit with point deductions and are both hovering just above the relegation line. Both teams have had their troubles claiming three points from matches as of late, with the Toffees going 1-3-1 (4 points) in their last 5 and Forest claiming a record of 1-1-3 for 6 points over the same time span. Everton did take all three points when the clubs met at the City Grounds in December, winning 1-0. Expect a tight, tense match on Sunday that could see the loser in the bottom three if Luton were to win Saturday.

Should be a great weekend in the relegation fight, enjoy!

I'm taking Luton, Burnley, and Everton for the wins this weekend
Bryan98
9:40a, 4/20/24
In reply to OregonAggie
Burnley just scored a surprising little trickler, so you're on target for this game.
Aston94
10:12a, 4/20/24
At half
Brentford 2-0 Luton
Burnley 2-0 Sheffield
Aston94
10:21a, 4/20/24
Sheffield get one back.
Aston94
10:23a, 4/20/24
And Burnley add a third…
Aston94
10:25a, 4/20/24
Now 3-0 Brentford, huge opportunity missed by Luton. Brentford fans singing "we are staying up."
Aston94
10:33a, 4/20/24
4-0 Brentford
4-1 Burnley
Aston94
11:07a, 4/20/24
Finals:

Brentford 5-1 Luton
Burnley 4-1 Sheffield

Not a good day for the Hatters, and Sheffield are going down.
59 South
4:23p, 4/20/24
Can you take the Bees off the list now already?!?

Youuuuuuu Reeeeeeeds !!! COYB
KCup17
4:28p, 4/20/24
I have a feeling that Everton will survive again by the skin of their teeth
Aston94
4:31p, 4/20/24
In reply to 59 South
59 South said:

Can you take the Bees off the list now already?!?

Youuuuuuu Reeeeeeeds !!! COYB

Almost took them off last week, but the big six-pointer game left them on for this week. The Bees will not be on my relegation watch list for next week. Awesome for Brentford to have 4 seasons in the EPL.

Edited for 4 seasons- man crazy how time flies.
59 South
4:53p, 4/20/24
Will be 4th season at least now. Love them winning the last 2 without Toney who they should get 50M+ for this summer. Use that money to build a squad for the next 5+ years.

Amazing accomplishment for the epitome of a well run club, as biased as I am.

If any lurker ever wants to experience a premier league match let me know via dm, and I can make it happen.
jeffk
4:56p, 4/20/24
In reply to 59 South
Man, I absolutely plan to take a trip to the UK and catch some games in the next few years. I'll try to remember to talk to you once plans get solidified.
Aston94
5:08p, 4/20/24
In reply to jeffk
jeffk said:

Man, I absolutely plan to take a trip to the UK and catch some games in the next few years. I'll try to remember to talk to you once plans get solidified.

Will remember 59 South too, been to several games in England but dying to do a big trip of football only from Boxing Day through New Years.
59 South
5:20p, 4/20/24
I should probably start my own thread about my experiences etc. Lived about a 10 min walk from the GTech since it opened and about 7 years total in the neighbourhood.

Been to 30 ish matches and have become a super fan for life. Hard to explain I guess outside of a pub over a few pints!
jeffk
7:26p, 4/20/24
In reply to 59 South
Yeah, please do that.
Aston94
7:32p, 4/20/24
In reply to 59 South
Sounds great!
oh no
9:00p, 4/20/24
That brentford stadium is nice and every tourist going from Heathrow into London sees it. I've only been to matches at Stamford Bridge and Fulham and toured Emirates. There's so many great London clubs I've yet to see. West Ham, Tottenham, Milwall, QPR, CP
59 South
8:02a, 4/21/24
Everton strikes first 1-0.

I'm personally rooting for Forest to go down. Passionate but strangely entitled fan base.
Aston94
8:07a, 4/21/24
In reply to 59 South
59 South said:

Everton strikes first 1-0.

I'm personally rooting for Forest to go down. Passionate but strangely entitled fan base.

I see you don't have much experience with Everton fans.
59 South
8:08a, 4/21/24
In reply to oh no
oh no said:

That brentford stadium is nice and every tourist going from Heathrow into London sees it. I've only been to matches at Stamford Bridge and Fulham and toured Emirates. There's so many great London clubs I've yet to see. West Ham, Tottenham, Milwall, QPR, CP

Yes it's a great location too right off the Thames at Kew Bridge across from Kew and the gardens.

I've toured Stamford Bridge and Emirates and attended Spurs at QPR back in 2015 when they were premier league. Loftus Road is in a little bit of a dodgy area with some interesting supporters to say the least. Not a family friendly experience there like at Brentford.

I keep trying to get away stand tickets but always sell out before my points level for the London derby matches anyways.
59 South
8:09a, 4/21/24
In reply to Aston94
Haha not really. I only know one supporter and he's cool. Basing the Forest hate off of their away supporters and message board / twitter nut jobs
gougler08
8:21a, 4/21/24
Relegation battle Jordan Pickford is the best goalie in the league.
OregonAggie
8:25a, 4/21/24
In reply to gougler08
gougler08 said:

Relegation battle Jordan Pickford is the best goalie in the league.

Great shot stopper…also most punchable face in the EPL
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 3 of 7
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off