*****Official USMNT vs. Jamaica CONCACAF Nations League Semi-Final Match Thread*****
7,363 Views | 251 Replies
PatAg
8:20p, 3/21/24
That bounce was insane, that led to that chance
Mathguy64
8:21p, 3/21/24
I just do not understand why Gio isn't getting any PT. Every time he plays for the MNT he's making plays. Maybe he is just one of those guys who doesn't practice well.
zgolfz85
8:23p, 3/21/24
In reply to Mathguy64
Mathguy64 said:

I just do not understand why Gio isn't getting any PT. Every time he plays for the MNT he's making plays. Maybe he is just one of those guys who doesn't practice well.

Yes it's seriously confusing. He's an opportunist for us
oh no
8:23p, 3/21/24
Haji!!!!
Mathguy64
8:24p, 3/21/24
God lord that pass by Gio. Wright is scoring but Gio is making it happen.
PatAg
Reyna with another crucial loose ball win and a quick pass to put Haji in
boogieman
Reyna to Haji.

Loving that link up.
wangus12
Wright!
Pahdz
There's that connection again
byfLuger41
That was nice!
PatAg
In reply to Mathguy64
Mathguy64 said:

It's baffling
Unemployed
8:25p, 3/21/24
Haji Wright carrying over his Coventry form over to the USMNT.
oh no
8:25p, 3/21/24
I wonder if anyone from Nottingham is watching
Marvin
8:26p, 3/21/24
Reyna to Wright has a nice ring to it.
Mathguy64
8:27p, 3/21/24
Gio lucky not to be in the book.
PatAg
8:30p, 3/21/24
In reply to Mathguy64
Mathguy64 said:

Gio lucky not to be in the book.

He's a let a few of those go through from both teams lately that could have been a yellow
PatAg
8:33p, 3/21/24
Looked like Puli cramped planting to take that shot
boogieman
8:33p, 3/21/24
Hopefully that's just cramping.
oh no
8:35p, 3/21/24
That's a yellow come on
oh no
Aaronson laid out
boogieman
Bring on the Mexicans!
Rudyjax
8:36p, 3/21/24
Pulisic is walking Very gingerly.
oh no
8:42p, 3/21/24
Expect CP will be fine for Sunday. He just put in a full 120'
oragator
8:50p, 3/21/24
That was a Gregg special.

But Gio came on for Scally right?
So we started Scally over Gio? Guess Greggggg is still mad about 2022.
jeffk
8:50p, 3/21/24
Well that was almost (more) embarrassing!
Furlock Bones
8:52p, 3/21/24
Not a lot to celebrate. Jamaica was missing half of its squad and they finally ran out of gas after gifting us extra time.
Mathguy64
8:52p, 3/21/24
In reply to oragator
oragator said:

I think that was all about Gio not playing for NF and not being able to play a full 90.

So instead he plays 75
wangus12
8:57p, 3/21/24
In reply to Furlock Bones
Furlock Bones said:

Not a lot to celebrate. Jamaica was missing half of its squad and they finally ran out of gas after gifting us extra time.

To be fair, it's probably a different game if Jamaica does score in 30 seconds. ET showed a way more open game when tied
OregonAggie
9:01p, 3/21/24
In reply to PatAg
PatAg said:

Mathguy64 said:

It's baffling

In all fairness, scally plays quite a bit I. The Bundesliga and Gio can't find a team that will play him.
PatAg
9:04p, 3/21/24
In reply to Mathguy64
Mathguy64 said:

oragator said:

I think that was all about Gio not playing for NF and not being able to play a full 90.

So instead he plays 75

That and they don't play the same role, so it's definitely not Scally over Gio, regardless of him technically subbing for him.
oh no
9:06p, 3/21/24
Early opening goal allowed them to park the bus for 90 mins. I think we were unlucky in regular time 1) with a handled ball not called or reviewed and 2) ref not allowing advantage when Gio was running onto goal with the ball after they fouled pulisic
PatAg
9:34p, 3/21/24
Gregg issues aside, I still think our team has a problem that is not immediately obvious. Its great that we are puttin so many players in top leagues for good team, and they are getting playing time and succeeding.
just about NONE of them are playing as "THE" guy on their team day to day.
zgolfz85
9:39p, 3/21/24
I thought we were going to have the most embarrassing loss of the night, thankfully Kentucky took one for the team
Mathguy64
9:43p, 3/21/24
In reply to PatAg
PatAg said:

Gregg issues aside, I still think our team has a problem that is not immediately obvious. Its great that we are puttin so many players in top leagues for good team, and they are getting playing time and succeeding.
CP and McKennie are doing that for Juve and I think Jedi is earning praise at Fulham, at least as much as a LB can. I saw a suggestion that ManU may be looking at him. That would be a big leap up as long as he actually played. I would rather he play every day at Fulham than play random minutes backing up Shaw.

Weah seems buried and Gio is persona non grata everywhere. And Turner has also lost his spot.
oh no
9:46p, 3/21/24
In reply to PatAg
PatAg said:

maybe we should ask all our guys to move to MLS so they can play as THE guy on all their respective club teams.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 6 of 8
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings