Strange red card (Nailing opposing player in the face with a throw in)

764 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by pb488
akm91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

I'm sure there are lots of strange red cards out there but this was funny
deadbq03
AG
Bizarre. Feels like that's nearly the complete opposite call that should've happened there.

The player who got hit should've gotten a yellow for standing too close to the throw + time wasting, right?
Mathguy64
AG
He threw that right in the defenders face intentionally. From the side view it's obvious. Watch the release and where he throws it. He's literally aiming at the defenders face. 100% VC and a RC.
deadbq03
AG
Ok yeah I guess so. Seemed weird to me that a player on the losing side would intentionally do that and let time bleed off the clock, but on second look it is hard to imagine that being an accident. I suppose the fact that he's angry enough to do this tells me that there was probably a crap ton of time wasting that went unpunished.

And to that point, I still think the guy who got hit also deserved a yellow for time wasting… he is too close, isn't he?
Mathguy64
AG
Is he delaying the restart? And I suspect time wasting isn't the reason he's getting a ball in his face.
Aston94
AG
Red card was earned, but the opposing player should have received a yellow card as well. Both players were out of line, and defender was trying to delay the restart. Obviously player throwing ball in took it up a notch, but a yellow should have been given to defender as well.
jessexy
AG
Yea, that's textbook VC. #16 yellow also comes in more aggressive than he needs to force the blue player to kick the ball out of bounds right before the throw-in. That would have put the referee's spidey senses up right there to watch more closely rather than turn and run expecting a long throw to start an attack.

The look of dismay on the yellow player's face pretty funny too like "Why am I getting a red card?" Watch closely as all the other yellow players turn and start running for a big throw. And then not a single one of them objects to the ref giving the red card. Big dummy.
jessexy
AG
Aston94 said:

Red card was earned, but the opposing player should have received a yellow card as well. Both players were out of line, and defender was trying to delay the restart. Obviously player throwing ball in took it up a notch, but a yellow should have been given to defender as well.
You can give the yellow to the blue player, but you've got to take care of the maximum offender first. Yellow player has to get the red and go off and everyone has to see it ASAP to prevent other stuff. Then you'll have however much time you need to show a caution to the blue player before the throw-in occurs.

And that's only if you need to show the blue player a caution. By the reaction of the yellow teammates and the time left on the clock, the game might not need a caution to the blue player here. Nobody is gonna look for retribution based on mood of the players in this video.
deadbq03
AG
Thanks for the commentary.
pb488
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.