*** NBA 2023 Off-Season Thread ***

15,547 Views | 227 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Iowaggie
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Ausar
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Kawhi Jr.
Guitarsoup
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Kawhi Jr.
Maybe. More fluid, better passer, not as strong.
Guitarsoup
AG

Iowaggie
AG
Mark Jackson not on the top ESPN announcing team anymore, thankfully.

ETA: Actually Jackson is also out

Guitarsoup
AG

Harden doing the best he can to destroy any trade value he had.

While calling Daryl Morey a liar, he is showing his off-ball movement and perimeter defense skills.
Iowaggie
AG
Two guys that deserve to be together.
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
If Morey really did promise him a certain wink wink nudge nudge number for an extension to get him to take less last year and sign PJ/House, just to pull the rug out afterwards, then I understand why James is so upset.

But he has also spent the past half decade acting like a toddler on and off the court, so I find it pretty hard to muster any sympathy.
. . .
Lillard to Milwaukee

"The Blazers remain engaged elsewhere on deals and will are expected to immediately engage contending teams on trade talks to move on Jrue Holiday, sources tell ESPN. Portland is committed to its young group of talented guards."

Enzo The Baker
AG
. . . said:

Lillard to Milwaukee

"The Blazers remain engaged elsewhere on deals and will are expected to immediately engage contending teams on trade talks to move on Jrue Holiday, sources tell ESPN. Portland is committed to its young group of talented guards."

As a Phoenix suns hater, I love to see them whiff on this one. That's all they could get for Ayton?
shack009
AG
What a ridiculous trade for everybody involved.

Suns get Nurkic who is horrible and two guys who are below average role players. Go from a top 5 center to a bottom 5 center.

Milwaukee gets a guy who wanted to be in Miami and doesn't pair well with Giannis, IMO. They get much worse defensively.

Portland gets a win-now guard when they need to be playing their 3 young guards as much as possible.
qunique_2004
AG
shack009 said:

What a ridiculous trade for everybody involved.

Suns get Nurkic who is horrible and two guys who are below average role players. Go from a top 5 center to a bottom 5 center.

Milwaukee gets a guy who wanted to be in Miami and doesn't pair well with Giannis, IMO. They get much worse defensively.

Portland gets a win-now guard when they need to be playing their 3 young guards as much as possible.

I think anyone pairs well with Giannis and Dame is one hell of a competitor. They are definitely going to miss Jrue, but I think this is definitely an upgrade.
Enzo The Baker
AG
The Suns passed on Luka Doncic only to end up with Nurkic. Lol
Iowaggie
AG
I'm guessing Portland will move Jrue in another deal possibly after the season starts.
Guitarsoup
AG
. . .
Jrue to Boston

Robert Williams, Malcolm Brogdon, 2024 Warriors 1st, 2029 unprotected Celtics first to Portland
Iowaggie
AG
. . . said:

Jrue to Boston

Robert Williams, Malcolm Brogdon, 2024 Warriors 1st, 2029 unprotected Celtics first to Portland

Blazers GM Joe Cronin is so mad at the HEAT that he may deal Robert WIlliams or Jerami Grant to the Knicks just to help out every team that the Heat played in the playoffs last year.
Iowaggie
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.