***Official 2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***
144,681 Views | 3290 Replies
EastSideAg2002
10:57a, 1/25/24
In reply to PatAg
PatAg said:

Ed MacMahon is such a no talent clown, i hate that he has been our only real NBA guy for Dallas for so long.
mavsfan4ever
1:16p, 1/25/24
Luka comes off as such a ***** getting that fan thrown out and then calling out Tim Mcmahon in the press conference. He makes it so hard to root for him sometimes.
shack009
1:22p, 1/25/24
In reply to mavsfan4ever
mavsfan4ever said:

Luka comes off as such a ***** getting that fan thrown out and then calling out Tim Mcmahon in the press conference. He makes it so hard to root for him sometimes.
LeBron got that fan thrown out a couple months ago and now it seems like this is a weekly thing. It broke the glass and players are like "Oh we can get fans thrown out? Done."
The Pilot
2:41p, 1/25/24
In reply to mavsfan4ever
mavsfan4ever said:

Big Luka fan but he can be a whiny little b sometimes. If the game is going well, he's probably engaging with the fan and firing back instead of getting him thrown out.
BallerStaf2003
10:09a, 1/26/24
In reply to mavsfan4ever
mavsfan4ever said:

Players do this all the time. Only difference is the other teams have beat reporters who have their back.

Luka also apologized last night to the fan. How many players would actually own up to their mistake?
mavsfan4ever
11:19a, 1/26/24
In reply to BallerStaf2003
No the difference here is that the guy didn't say anything bad. He literally said a comment about getting on a treadmill and Luka acted like a baby/hothead because the game wasn't going well and had him thrown out. That's so soft and ridiculous.

Then, to make matter worse, Luka doubled down during the press conference and attacked Tim McMahon, acting like McMahon doesn't have his back. That's so laughable. No one, including McMahon, holds Luka's feet to the fire in our media market. So for him to act like McMahon is always attacking him is ludicrous. Especially in this situation where McMahon tweeted exactly what the fan said when Luka had him thrown out. Then Luka acted like the fan was saying awful stuff in the first half, not realizing that McMahon and the rest of the media were sitting right in front of the fan the entire game and heard everything said. News alert: if he said anything awful, then they would have reported that. I'm sure it was just more generic trash talk like what got him thrown out. McMahon even asked Luka what he thought the fan did in the first half (because McMahan was sitting right by the fan) and Luka deflected the question.

The difference is not how the media treated the situation. It's that this fan didn't say anything remotely close to deserve being thrown out, and Luka just lost his mind as usual and had him thrown out. Do you expect McMahon to make up stuff and say that the fan was saying awful things when he wasn't? I have no doubt one of the many media members sitting by that fan would report what was said if there was anything awful said. The fact that none have is telling. They don't all have some conspiracy to try and make Luka look bad. That's crazy to even allude to in the Dallas media market. And Luka has even admitted that he should not have done it.

Kudos to Luka to admitting his mistake. Most people don't do that, and I do give him credit for owning it. I'm tired of Luka getting a pass for acting like a baby during games. Is our roster bad? Sure. But it's time to grow up and quit *****ing at the refs and losing your mind when things don't go your way. His attitude was better during the early part of this season (when we were winning), but he has regressed to his usual self now that we are not winning.

And for the record, even if a fan is cursing at a player, etc I still think it's very weak for the player to get them thrown out (unless they are giving death threats to their family, or making racist comments or something like that). So I think most of the other players who have gotten fans ejected are weak as well.
M.C. Swag
12:32p, 1/26/24
In reply to mavsfan4ever
My sentiments exactly. Luka loses composure on a regular basis and until he controls that, it's hard for me to be mad at Tim Hardaway's defense.
HawthornAggie
7:21p, 1/26/24
Luka has 41 points in the first half
gigem1223
7:44p, 1/26/24
Imagine being an Atlanta fan witnessing this
dave94
7:55p, 1/26/24

And then he's dropping this on them
shack009
8:24p, 1/26/24
My god, Josh Green missing that wide open layup to not put us up 8 will come back to haunt us. Luka gave him a death stare.
gigem1223
8:26p, 1/26/24
Luka just needs to do it himself. No one else seems to want to win this one
GrapevineAg
8:29p, 1/26/24
Phenomenal. Blue parachute for Luka.
shack009
8:29p, 1/26/24
Luka so unselfish leads to a Exum 3 and then great team basketball leads to a Josh dagger. Glad the missed layup didn't kill us and glad they played good ball to close it out.
gigem1223
8:31p, 1/26/24
Is 75% from the field on 33 shots good?
M.C. Swag
8:38p, 1/26/24
That was an insane performance.
shack009
8:38p, 1/26/24
In reply to gigem1223
gigem1223 said:

Is 75% from the field on 33 shots good?

Loved 15/16 from the line too.
HawthornAggie
8:43p, 1/26/24
73 from Luka tonight. Insanity.
mavsfan4ever
8:53p, 1/26/24
Crazy game. Luka was flawless and we still only won by 5. Needed a win.
Phat32
9:00p, 1/26/24
Amazing. Poor Embiid. Got 4 days
hph6203
9:03p, 1/26/24
KAT/Embiid on anniversary of 81.
Luka/Booker on anniversary of the crash.
Guitarsoup
9:21a, 1/27/24

Boban still my favorite player in the NBA.
BallerStaf2003
3:19p, 1/27/24
Racist media bias confirmed.

zgolfz85
3:20p, 1/27/24
BallerStaf2003 said:

He's such a ****ing pos
LeagueCityAg
5:31p, 1/27/24
BallerStaf2003 said:

Yet he was perfectly fine with Embiid's 70 the other night. SAS is a racist pos.
Guitarsoup
5:40p, 1/27/24
BallerStaf2003 said:

One person who gets paid to stir **** up does not equal the media.
HawthornAggie
7:06p, 1/27/24
Yeah how dare they double team Luka for an entire quarter. What a terrible idea to stop someone from scoring.
shack009
7:58p, 1/27/24
Jaden Hardy starting tonight.
fightinags2013
8:00p, 1/27/24
Only a matter of time until Luka has 80. He has so many 25 pt quarters.
shack009
8:18p, 1/27/24
Hardy has 5 assists on our 6 FGs.
shack009
8:20p, 1/29/24
This team's defense is so bad we make Anthony Black look like a sharpshooter...
shack009
8:43p, 1/29/24
Just getting worked by a team on the 2nd night of a back to back coming from a different time zone... This team needs a change...
mavsfan4ever
10:14p, 1/29/24
Kidd just casually watching right next to Tim hardaway as hardaway gets trapped and commits a turnover at end of game. Let's not call a timeout or do anything to help our player. That may involve some effort. Better to just chill and do nothing.

At this point Kidd is getting paid to do nothing.
shack009
10:16p, 1/29/24
In reply to mavsfan4ever
mavsfan4ever said:

Kidd just casually watching right next to Tim hardaway as hardaway gets trapped and commits a turnover at end of game. Let's not call a timeout or do anything to help our player. That may involve some effort. Better to just chill and do nothing.

At this point Kidd is getting paid to do nothing.
That was egregious coaching...
shack009
10:20p, 1/29/24
At least the Mavs did some different things defensively in the second half to take Orlando out of their rhythm. Showed a little bit of life.

Lively had some weird moments but was really impactful on both ends. Hopefully his nose isn't broken. It looked really jacked up, even though he played the rest of the game.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 22 of 95
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings