***Official 2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***
157,424 Views | 3555 Replies
shack009
9:15p, 4/4/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
I think it was the first Sacramento game last week (maybe the Denver game) where we ran pick and pops with him and he was draining them after behind the back passes from Luka. We haven't seen much of it since. Wonder if that is a weapon being saved for the playoffs.
shack009
11:06a, 4/5/24
Clippers beat Denver last night.

I think I don't mind that. It was going to be really hard to catch LAC considering they also have the tiebreaker over us. I think I'm good staying in 5 and hoping Denver finishes 2nd or 3rd so we can delay playing them.
HawthornAggie
2:38p, 4/5/24
In reply to shack009
shack009 said:

Clippers beat Denver last night.

I think I don't mind that. It was going to be really hard to catch LAC considering they also have the tiebreaker over us. I think I'm good staying in 5 and hoping Denver finishes 2nd or 3rd so we can delay playing them.

Agreed. Avoid the play in, get to the playoffs healthy, avoid Denver as long as possible.
shack009
4:00p, 4/5/24

So massive
shack009
4:01p, 4/5/24

Oof...
M.C. Swag
4:32p, 4/5/24
In reply to shack009
Ya that sucks but he probably needs it after the month of March he just played and considering the Mavs will be playing again less than 48 hours from today.
shack009
4:35p, 4/5/24
In reply to M.C. Swag
Yeah looks like we are putting a lot of weight in to that Rockets game, presumably because it will secure the tiebreaker over NO.

Also, if GS beats us, that could end all hope Houston has of making the play in, thereby making our game against Houston on Sunday that much easier.
Guitarsoup
5:01p, 4/5/24
In reply to shack009
shack009 said:

Yeah looks like we are putting a lot of weight in to that Rockets game, presumably because it will secure the tiebreaker over NO.

Also, if GS beats us, that could end all hope Houston has of making the play in, thereby making our game against Houston on Sunday that much easier.
Houston is 4 games back and GSW has the tie breaker with a 3-0 record vs Houston. Houston has six games left including vs Dallas (fighting for position) Miami (half game from 6th rather than playin), Orlando (half game from 3rd seed rather than 4th seed- meaning they don't play Boston until WCF) and the Clippers to close the season, which may or may not matter.

It is effectively over.
M.C. Swag
5:05p, 4/5/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
He's talking about beating the Rockets so the Mavs own the division record tie breaker over NOLA to secure the 5 seed if records are the same.
shack009
5:06p, 4/5/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
True that it's effectively over, but they'll keep giving off the impression of trying to win if they are still mathematically in it.

Make the disparity even worse with 5 games left and maybe they don't play Green or Jabari as much.
Guitarsoup
5:12p, 4/5/24
In reply to M.C. Swag
M.C. Swag said:

He's talking about beating the Rockets so the Mavs own the division record tie breaker over NOLA to secure the 5 seed if records are the same.
Oh sorry, missed that completely.

Y'all still want 4/5 with Minnesota at 1? Love to see Gobert hunted out to the 3pt line on Luka or Kyrie.
M.C. Swag
5:13p, 4/5/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
Ya I'd be comfortable playing anyone other than Denver lol
HawthornAggie
5:40p, 4/5/24
In reply to M.C. Swag
M.C. Swag said:

Ya I'd be comfortable playing anyone other than Denver lol

This
shack009
5:49p, 4/5/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup said:

M.C. Swag said:

Oh sorry, missed that completely.

Y'all still want 4/5 with Minnesota at 1? Love to see Gobert hunted out to the 3pt line on Luka or Kyrie.
So badly.
Guitarsoup
6:26p, 4/5/24
I really look forward to the Minnesota implosion this summer, especially if the Mavs smoke them in the 2nd round or if the Lakers beat them in the first.

The ownership transfer is going to be a massive lawsuit and they are 8M from the 2nd apron with just 10 players under contract because the extensions of KAT and Ant kick in at the same time. That and LeBron making the Knicks or Cavs draft his son in the first round so he can go there and try to win again will be the two biggest story lines.
Grapesoda2525
6:53p, 4/5/24
How much does a loss to GSW hurt?
shack009
7:35p, 4/5/24
In reply to Grapesoda2525
Grapesoda2525 said:

How much does a loss to GSW hurt?

Kings play Boston and Suns are playing Minnesota tonight, so may not mean much at all. Not the end of the world to lose tonight. The game against Houston on Sunday is much more important.
shack009
7:59p, 4/5/24
GS feeling what we felt in the first quarter a few days ago
shack009
8:20p, 4/5/24
Inevitable collapse was inevitable
shack009
8:39p, 4/5/24
I've been watching Aggie baseball, but just wanted to point out that THJ is -17.
shack009
9:30p, 4/5/24
Kings lose to the Celtics on a Xavier Tillman game winner.

If anybody wants a laugh, check out Sam Hauser's stat line.
Infection_Ag11
9:39p, 4/5/24
PJ Washington's defense really is top notch
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
hph6203
9:46p, 4/5/24
3J Bullock.
Guitarsoup
9:53p, 4/5/24
We somehow beat the Pelicans. You're welcome!
Carlo4
9:53p, 4/5/24
Pissing it away in the last 3 minutes
PatAg
9:55p, 4/5/24
Washington is already gathered and going and Curry slides over

and he is in restricted area anyways
Infection_Ag11
9:56p, 4/5/24
It's gonna end up working out but that was a very, very stupid sequence. Golden State looked uninterested in fouling and you could have run the clock down to 2 seconds, or at least run more time until they realized what was happening.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Infection_Ag11
9:59p, 4/5/24
Gonna give this one away with very stupid decisions at the end. That should have been Kyrie at the line with a lot less time.
Carlo4
10:00p, 4/5/24
Wash doin' work!
shack009
10:01p, 4/5/24
Timmy creating
Infection_Ag11
10:01p, 4/5/24
And he redeems himself

One stop
shack009
10:02p, 4/5/24
Let's go
Carlo4
Ok I can fart now
PatAg
omg from that angle I thought Klay was hitting that 3
shack009
10:03p, 4/5/24
Leaving Draymond wide open under the basket