***Official 2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***
146,786 Views | 3310 Replies
Guitarsoup
7:56a, 5/2/24
Are any of yall interested in a game worn Jim Jackson jersey from his rookie year? I've had it for almost 30 years, and I am not real sure why.
DannyDuberstein
8:07a, 5/2/24
That's one of a select few since he held out most of the year.
Guitarsoup
8:09a, 5/2/24
In reply to DannyDuberstein
Has to be work tens of thousands of dollars now.
NoahAg
8:30a, 5/2/24
In reply to HawthornAggie
HawthornAggie said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but…

Jaden Hardy: 5 minutes, 14 points on 5-7 shooting

Some day that kid is gonna average 25-30 a game on a bad team and we'll all be able to say "told ya so". It's unfathomable that he doesn't get more minutes.

I'm not an NBA coach, but if Luka is sick and injured then why play him for 39 minutes in a game you win by 30 when you have a player like Hardy on the bench? Let Hardy take some of those minutes and get him some extra rest. If an opportunity like that presents itself, why not take advantage? Especially if Hardy is going to be a net positive when he's on the court.

I don't know. I was thinking the same. Maybe trying to send LA a message. Demoralizing them as much as possible going into game 6.
Muy
8:38a, 5/2/24
I'm sure it was discussed already, but how tf can Harden go right into Luka and knock him down 10' back and absolutely zero whistle? Later Harden is dribbling down the court and just stiff arms the Mavs defender. Dude is straight trash.
shack009
8:38a, 5/2/24
In reply to HawthornAggie
HawthornAggie said:

Infection_Ag11 said:

I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but…

Jaden Hardy: 5 minutes, 14 points on 5-7 shooting

Some day that kid is gonna average 25-30 a game on a bad team and we'll all be able to say "told ya so". It's unfathomable that he doesn't get more minutes.

I'm not an NBA coach, but if Luka is sick and injured then why play him for 39 minutes in a game you win by 30 when you have a player like Hardy on the bench? Let Hardy take some of those minutes and get him some extra rest. If an opportunity like that presents itself, why not take advantage? Especially if Hardy is going to be a net positive when he's on the court.

In today's NBA, a 20 point lead is 5 minutes away from being a tie game. I thought it was the right call to keep him in until the Clippers pulled their guys also with about 5-6 minutes left.

If you pull him too early you can allow the Clippers to smell blood. Maybe they hit a couple shots, you look stupid and have to put Luka back in, and his mentality is completely different.
M.C. Swag
9:00a, 5/2/24
In reply to Muy
Muy said:

I'm sure it was discussed already, but how tf can Harden go right into Luka and knock him down 10' back and absolutely zero whistle? Later Harden is dribbling down the court and just stiff arms the Mavs defender. Dude is straight trash.
Ya his whistle is so infuriating.
M.C. Swag
10:07a, 5/2/24
Shoutout to Luka to battling his ass off. It obviously helped that his mid range shot was falling, but he was pushing the pace and stone walling guys on defense when it mattered. He still had plenty of lazy shots and a couple of blow by defensive moments, but I thought his energy and effort were there in a way I didn't see Game 4.

I have tickets to Friday's game and I can't wait to see Harden and his fraud ass self sent packing.
zgolfz85
10:16a, 5/2/24
In reply to M.C. Swag
M.C. Swag said:

Shoutout to Luka to battling his ass off. It obviously helped that his mid range shot was falling, but he was pushing the pace and stone walling guys on defense when it mattered. He still had plenty of lazy shots and a couple of blow by defensive moments, but I thought his energy and effort were there in a way I didn't see Game 4.

I have tickets to Friday's game and I can't wait to see Harden and his fraud ass self sent packing.
hopefully they keep luka in massage, ice bath, PT, etc. for the next 48 hours.
Goldie Wilson
11:51a, 5/2/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup said:

Are any of yall interested in a game worn Jim Jackson jersey from his rookie year? I've had it for almost 30 years, and I am not real sure why.
Absolutely I need this
shack009
12:09p, 5/2/24
In reply to M.C. Swag
M.C. Swag said:

Muy said:

Ya his whistle is so infuriating.
I always knew his whistle was stupid because I had to watch him play on the Rockets while at A&M with my roommates from Houston.

It's been wild to watch in this series as he can get away with offensive fouls (except for the obvious push off they called early in the game) and gets the softest calls on 3s or while dribbling 30 feet from the basket. All the while, Mann is allowed to manhandle Luka at any point on the floor.

At some point you would think the refs would be embarrassed that Harden is fooling them in to calling fouls that they would just swallow the whistle anytime he is trying to get a foul call, but nope...
shack009
5:39p, 5/2/24
According to Followill and Dameris, Luka's on/off rating is +81 in this series. The mavs' net rating when Luka is on the court is +15 and they are -66 net rating when he is off the court.

That is absolutely absurd.
shack009
5:41p, 5/2/24

Also heard Followill mention this. I thought the Clippers were having a really hard time scoring around the rim when Lively was close and the stats show that and more.
M.C. Swag
2:21p, 5/3/24
In reply to M.C. Swag
M.C. Swag said:

South Platte said:

Are we going to suck again this year? I don't mind putting all my effort into the Stars, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to miss out on anything.
Lol I don't have a crystal ball, but no, the Mavs shouldn't 'suck' this year. They had a very encouraging off season by adding 2 rookies that fill positions of need and a FA power forward that theoretically should allow them to play pretty versatile lineups.

Luka is coming off a FIBA world cup run that ended in disappointment for Slovenia but physically he looks to be in better shape than he's been in a long time (maybe ever?). If he can simply maintain what he currently has, I think that bodes well for the Mavs start to the season.

If Kyrie can stay available for an entire season (big IF), the Mavs should be competing for a top 4 seed IMO. Depending how quickly the rookies grow/adapt, I think the Mavericks have a puncher's chance of making some real noise in the playoffs.

PatAg
8:51p, 5/3/24
Crash thr offensive glass, love it
AtticusMatlock
8:59p, 5/3/24
This is one of the only Dallas games i've been able to watch this year. Can someone explain what that paint area logo is? It looks like a ball giving birth to an electric guitar.
J.P. 03
9:09p, 5/3/24
I would have torn every ligament in both knees and ankles if I had landed like Lively just did
shack009
9:11p, 5/3/24
In reply to J.P. 03
J.P. 03 said:

I would have torn every ligament in both knees and ankles if I had landed like Lively just did

That was one of the more wild falls you will ever see.
PatAg
9:14p, 5/3/24
Harden just throws himself on the ground and demands a foul
shack009
9:14p, 5/3/24
Luka just needs to fall down when he's touched and maybe he'll get the same calls the clippers do. This is such bs
shack009
9:18p, 5/3/24
Luka needs to keep getting in to the paint. Kidd needs to beat it in to his thick head.
shack009
9:24p, 5/3/24
Keep up this intensity. Chaos agent Josh Green and DLII getting so many offensive rebounds.
shack009
9:25p, 5/3/24
Love that Maxi and PJ have kept shooting after some open misses. It has paid off and will continue to pay off.
PatAg
9:26p, 5/3/24
Great 1st quarter
shack009
9:27p, 5/3/24
Oh boy Maxi… that does not look good
shack009
9:29p, 5/3/24
He's holding a rib… hopefully just scared him more than anything. Looked more awkward than anything, but I've never fallen from that high as a near seven footer lol.
shack009
9:36p, 5/3/24
If PJ is going to hit open corner 3s at 40% or higher then this team is nearly unbeatable.
Infection_Ag11
9:46p, 5/3/24
That's not a foul
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
beagle2009
9:46p, 5/3/24
That is a foul??? The NBA is such a ****ing joke
shack009
9:51p, 5/3/24
This is such horse***** PG tackles Luka and no foul call while that is a foul. You will not be able to tell me this series hasn't been tilted in LA's favor and we are still whipping them for the most part…
PatAg
9:52p, 5/3/24
Mann finally called for a hack on Luka
PatAg
9:53p, 5/3/24
These refs are godawful
Infection_Ag11
9:59p, 5/3/24
Tied at halftime at home after the way the Clippers played for most of that first half is an unmitigated disaster. Dallas should be winning this game by 20 points. Holy ****ing *****

Halves like that can lose a series. You have to assume LA won't play that poorly for another 18 minute stretch in the second half.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
shack009
10:02p, 5/3/24
We have played like complete idiots for the past 6 minutes but my goodness this officiating is bad. It has been completely terrible. Not fair at all.
shack009
10:17p, 5/3/24
Great start to the half. Pretty crazy when your stars make open 3s.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 73 of 95
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings