***Official 2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread***
146,755 Views | 3310 Replies
zgolfz85
11:05p, 5/3/24
Holy ****
Infection_Ag11
11:06p, 5/3/24
Jesus Christ
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
shack009
11:07p, 5/3/24
The clippers have been absolutely terrified of Lively in the paint all series. It feels so good to have a guy like that. Even if he isn't racking up defensive stats, he's making an impact PG has seen him a few times and gone "nah"
Infection_Ag11
11:08p, 5/3/24
Kyrie plays an absolutely beautiful style of basketball. One of the smoothest players ever.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aezmvp
11:09p, 5/3/24
In reply to Infection_Ag11
The Mavs might still be 1 player away at the forward position but Kyrie-Luka is just a crazy combo now that the chemistry is working.
shack009
11:10p, 5/3/24
Wtf PJ gets bowled over and it's a travel… even in a blowout the refs can't help themselves
shack009
11:13p, 5/3/24
In reply to aezmvp
aezmvp said:

The Mavs might still be 1 player away at the forward position but Kyrie-Luka is just a crazy combo now that the chemistry is working.

Ideally, the Maxi position is someone a little more reliable. Not even sure who that would be. Something like the best version of Patrick Williams I guess. And whatever the version of DJJ is that shoots 3-5% better from 3.

We should be able to make a move with the THJ exporting this off-season and a first rounder that will come available.
shack009
11:14p, 5/3/24
Great job by lively to make both those FTs. I like the star Getty by Lue though
zgolfz85
11:15p, 5/3/24
That missed 3 by harden was so lovely
zgolfz85
11:16p, 5/3/24
2 steals and 2 blocks from ky
shack009
11:20p, 5/3/24
Hunan victory cigars incoming
aezmvp
11:23p, 5/3/24
Gave away game 4 not stopping that huge lead. Glad to get out in 6. OKC is going to be a really interesting series. Dallas was just the better team no doubt.
shack009
11:24p, 5/3/24
Slayed the dragon.
shack009
11:26p, 5/3/24
In reply to aezmvp
aezmvp said:

Gave away game 4 not stopping that huge lead. Glad to get out in 6. OKC is going to be a really interesting series. Dallas was just the better team no doubt.

And it wasn't really close. Only 2 games the clippers won they shot 50% from 3 and 63% from 3. Both times most of the damage was done very early in the game. Mavs dominated like 20 of the 24 quarters in the series.
PatAg
12:08a, 5/4/24
Lets put it on OKC
hph6203
12:56a, 5/4/24
Grapesoda2525
1:52a, 5/4/24
Feels good to beat down the clips, but honestly it sucks we had to play them.

Everytime we play them they injure a bunch of our guys.

Hardaway, kleber, luka, and gafford all sustained notable injuries in 6 games with those asshats.
The Collective
8:35a, 5/4/24
Guitarsoup
1:03p, 5/4/24
I guess the good news for the Clippers is they can get under the luxury tax when Paul George walks away and signs with Philly. They don't have a 1st round pick this year, but they will have OKC's pick next year, so they can start their rebuild with a bottom 5 first rounder in 2025 and 2027. Then in 2028, they will have Philly's first.

Clippers and Suns are such dumpster fires.
hph6203
1:11p, 5/4/24
Enzo The Baker
1:13p, 5/4/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup said:

I guess the good news for the Clippers is they can get under the luxury tax when Paul George walks away and signs with Philly. They don't have a 1st round pick this year, but they will have OKC's pick next year, so they can start their rebuild with a bottom 5 first rounder in 2025 and 2027. Then in 2028, they will have Philly's first.

I bet the Suns run it back. They kind of have to with that Beal contract. I also think the clippers end up giving George a max extension, even if it's more than Kawhi. Neither franchise has a choice because both ***** owners have too much pride to start a rebuild.
Enzo The Baker
1:17p, 5/4/24
Didn't realize this was a Mavs thread. Congrats on the series win. Rooting for y'all in the playoffs.
Guitarsoup
1:52p, 5/4/24
In reply to Enzo The Baker
Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

I bet the Suns run it back. They kind of have to with that Beal contract. I also think the clippers end up giving George a max extension, even if it's more than Kawhi. Neither franchise has a choice because both ***** owners have too much pride to start a rebuild.
This is the Mavs thread, but I think we all are united in rooting against the Clippers and especially Harden.

I think Philly gives PG13 the max as well. If I am PG13, I am choosing Embiid and Maxey over Kawhi and Harden all day.
Guitarsoup
1:57p, 5/4/24
https://theathletic.com/5471074/2024/05/04/mavericks-clippers-future-luka-doncic/

Why Mavs are built to contend for a long time.
Quote:

Dallas has only had two role players over age 28 this season: 32-year-old Maxi Kleber and 31-year-old Tim Hardaway Jr. The team has openly attempted to trade Hardaway in the past two summers, something that may finally happen this coming offseason if only to ensure Dallas doesn't exceed the luxury tax.

Quote:

Dallas went 22-7 to close out the regular season not including two final games in which the starters rested while having the league's fifth-best net rating, seventh-most points scored per 100 possessions and seven-fewest allowed per 100.

Quote:

How close is Dallas to the ideal version of itself? The answer will become more clear during its second-round series against the Oklahoma City Thunder, a team that sustained its success the entire season rather than over a 31-game stretch. There are many questions this series will answer: How ready Doni is to win titles, how Dallas' centers fare against a five-out postseason opponent and whether the Mavericks' defense can withstand a more dynamic opponent. There are more beyond that.

Quote:

There may still be holes to fill and further issues that could arise. Derrick Jones Jr. has been a breakout starter for Dallas who has fit perfectly, but the 27-year-old's minimum contract expires this summer. There are bigger questions the rest of this postseason run may amplify: Is this offense good enough? Does it have enough shooting? Does it have enough high-end defensive talent? And the team's success so far doesn't make its upcoming series against Oklahoma City any less important. If nothing else, the Thunder's history provides a textbook example of a team whose rise was constantly interrupted by unlucky timing.

But there's an expectation that this Mavericks roster, unlike the one from two years ago, can stick around and keep rising. Even if further moves must be made, they can happen without Dallas conceding its place among the league's eight remaining teams. A year after such an embarrassing finish, the Mavericks are built to stick around the top of the NBA for the near future.

It's finally a young team, like Kidd always said, and it's ready to grow up.

zgolfz85
2:19p, 5/4/24
I don't think the media is pouncing on harden as much as they should. As good as 2 of his games were, he was another big moment no show when they most needed him. It was glorious to watch
FTAco07
2:25p, 5/4/24
shack009
2:42p, 5/4/24
In reply to FTAco07
Such a bummer. He started the game against OKC when we demolished them. Right as his shot starts to really fall too....
Guitarsoup
3:10p, 5/4/24
In reply to zgolfz85
zgolfz85 said:

I don't think the media is pouncing on harden as much as they should. As good as 2 of his games were, he was another big moment no show when they most needed him. It was glorious to watch
Harden was 7-28 and 1-13 from three over the last two games with a total +/- of -29. Just 23 points in two games combined.

Playoff James is Playoff James.
Grapesoda2525
4:59a, 5/5/24
In reply to FTAco07
FTAco07 said:

**** the clippers
Grapesoda2525
5:00a, 5/5/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

This is the Mavs thread, but I think we all are united in rooting against the Clippers and especially Harden.

I think Philly gives PG13 the max as well. If I am PG13, I am choosing Embiid and Maxey over Kawhi and Harden all day.
Harden is going to be a free agent and he never stays anywhere long because everyone gets tired of him wherever he is very quickly.

Clippers need to blow it up.
Guitarsoup
10:31a, 5/5/24
Dirk told the story of why he picked 41 when he replaced Shaq and I never heard that.

Barkley wore 14 for Team USA and Dirk loved Chuckles. So Dirk started wearing 14, but when the Mavs drafted him, Robert Pack wore 14 and wouldn't give it up, so he flipped it to 41.
HawthornAggie
5:44p, 5/5/24
Series odds have moved quite a bit since open

Two days ago: Okc (+104), Mavs (-128)

Today: Okc (-120), Mavs (-102)
gigem1223
7:20p, 5/5/24
Anyone else find it kind of ridiculous that the other western conference semi-final will have played 2 games before Dallas/ OKC will have played 1?
shack009
7:41p, 5/5/24
In reply to gigem1223
That's what happens when other teams get to play the suns in the first round and are Denver.
shack009
7:42p, 5/5/24
In reply to HawthornAggie
HawthornAggie said:

Series odds have moved quite a bit since open

Two days ago: Okc (+104), Mavs (-128)

Today: Okc (-120), Mavs (-102)

That's pretty wild. Can't believe we were even favored to begin with. Seems like an overreaction to the Maxi news unless something came out about Luka that I missed.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 75 of 95
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings