************* Houston Rockets 23-24 Season thread ****************
55,981 Views | 639 Replies
AG@RICE
8:16p, 10/25/23
OKC going to get another great pick unless we completely tank.
Ags #1
8:19p, 10/25/23
In reply to AG@RICE
Is our pick protected?
Guitarsoup
8:26p, 10/25/23
In reply to Ags #1
Ags #1 said:

Is our pick protected?

Top 4 protection
Ags #1
8:27p, 10/25/23
In reply to Guitarsoup
Thanks!
LarryElder
9:01p, 10/25/23
Can't believe we didn't get wemby , Amen looks a role player at best
The Porkchop Express
10:06p, 10/25/23
In reply to LarryElder
LarryElder said:

Wemby's got 6 points on a couple of threes at halftime. Not exactly LeBron's debut.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Harry Dunne
6:15a, 10/26/23
Well fellas, who are we tanking for this year?
Guitarsoup
8:59a, 10/26/23
In reply to The Porkchop Express
The Porkchop Express said:

LarryElder said:

Wemby's got 6 points on a couple of threes at halftime. Not exactly LeBron's debut.

LOL, he had 15 points on 6 of 9 shooting in 23 minutes. He was limited in the two middle quarters due to a few questionable (at best) fouls. He also had two steals and a block on Kyrie's fadeaway.
WES2006AG
9:11a, 10/26/23
Wemby is going to be great. We still suck. Same story different year.
The Porkchop Express
9:41a, 10/26/23
In reply to Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup said:

LarryElder said:

LOL, he had 15 points on 6 of 9 shooting in 23 minutes. He was limited in the two middle quarters due to a few questionable (at best) fouls. He also had two steals and a block on Kyrie's fadeaway.
I feel like if I say "Spurs suck" in my own house, you're going to show up to tell me they don't. I made my post at halftime. When he had 6 points. Go away.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Guitarsoup
9:51a, 10/26/23
In reply to The Porkchop Express

Guitarsoup said:

LarryElder said:

I feel like if I say "Spurs suck" in my own house, you're going to show up to tell me they don't. I made my post at halftime. When he had 6 points. Go away.
Say whatever you want. It's a discussion board. Grow up.

The Spurs will suck this year and the last five minutes of the game showed why if you watched it. They don't have anyone to run the point in a half court set. That's why Luka feasted in crunch time and got Dallas the W.
Guitarsoup
9:54a, 10/26/23
In reply to WES2006AG
WES2006AG said:

Bringing in FVV and Amen will ideally let Green develop more as a true SG and now have to overextend himself as a PG.

If you listened to Bill Simmons' podcast with brief discussions on each team, on Udoka, he talked about how Udoka will be a hardass and it will take a lot of adjustment for the first 50 games, but post All-Star game, you will see a lot of things start to come together. Udoka hates low-efficiency shots and will pull guys for shot selection or poor effort on defense, which will take a lot of adjustment after Silas. Like OKC last year, this year will be a development year for the Rockets, but they have some really good, young pieces in place with Sengun, Amen, Jabari and Green.
Unemployed
10:16a, 10/26/23
In reply to Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup said:

WES2006AG said:

Bringing in FVV and Amen will ideally let Green develop more as a true SG and now have to overextend himself as a PG.

If you listened to Bill Simmons' podcast with brief discussions on each team, on Udoka, he talked about how Udoka will be a hardass and it will take a lot of adjustment for the first 50 games, but post All-Star game, you will see a lot of things start to come together. Udoka hates low-efficiency shots and will pull guys for shot selection or poor effort on defense, which will take a lot of adjustment after Silas. Like OKC last year, this year will be a development year for the Rockets, but they have some really good, young pieces in place with Sengun, Amen, Jabari and Green.
I only watched the first half but saw the same thing with Jalen as last year. Plays where he would get the ball and play 1 vs 5 and end up with a contested shot or turnover.
WES2006AG
10:24a, 10/26/23
In reply to Unemployed
RealTalk said:

Guitarsoup said:

WES2006AG said:

I only watched the first half but saw the same thing with Jalen as last year. Plays where he would get the ball and play 1 vs 5 and end up with a contested shot or turnover.
This was the most concerning thing for me last night. Makes me wonder if Jalen either hasn't bought in or doesn't seem to have a very high basketball IQ.

Udoka will hopefully get these guys moving in the right direction, and it is too early to make too many judgments, but that wasn't a great look.
The Porkchop Express
10:25a, 10/26/23
You'd have to figure he's giving the high draft picks the chance to pick it up for at least the first 20-40 games. But if Jalen Green can't figure the thing out, he's gotta go.
Guitarsoup
10:34a, 10/26/23
In reply to WES2006AG
WES2006AG said:

RealTalk said:

Guitarsoup said:

WES2006AG said:

This was the most concerning thing for me last night. Makes me wonder if Jalen either hasn't bought in or doesn't seem to have a very high basketball IQ.

Udoka will hopefully get these guys moving in the right direction, and it is too early to make too many judgments, but that wasn't a great look.

While low IQ has to be a concern, I also wouldn't worry too much yet. Takes time to break 20 years of bad habits and he's only been with Udoka for like a month
Guitarsoup
11:08a, 10/26/23
Guess where I am for lunch.
Guitarsoup
7:48p, 10/27/23

WES2006AG
8:09p, 10/27/23
Much better energy tonight.
Ags #1
9:21p, 10/27/23
Brutal missed fts by smith
Unemployed
9:26p, 10/27/23
In reply to Ags #1
Ags #1 said:

Brutal missed fts by smith
And front rimmed a wide open 3.
SeanDaAg2005
9:35p, 10/27/23
The D
9:43p, 10/27/23
Some really really bad calls here. Refs taking over
Unemployed
9:45p, 10/27/23
Still not a very smart team.

Gonna take a while for Udoka to unwind the damage Silas did to this team.
WES2006AG
9:48p, 10/27/23
Atrocious free throw shooting cost us tonight.
Ags #1
9:49p, 10/27/23
Totally winnable game. Thanks Jabari
Unemployed
9:49p, 10/27/23
In reply to WES2006AG
WES2006AG said:

Atrocious free throw shooting cost us tonight.
Dude shooting FTs with one hand is better.
HotardRat
9:52p, 10/27/23
Jabari in the last 2 minutes of the 4th Q:
- blocked dunk
- blocked (fouled) putback
- shooting foul
- 0 of 2 on FTs
- allowed game-tying basket
- missed wide-open game winner
Crispin Torque
12:20p, 10/28/23
Jabari does absolutely nothing well. Missing on Chet and Paulo looking extra brutal right now.
Ags #1
8:32p, 10/29/23
Lol well we suck. Need to tank for a top 4
Pick
1876er
10:22a, 10/30/23
Hey there's always the Tex(checks to see final score against Carolina)…
Never mind.
HotardRat
10:33a, 10/30/23
…….Aggie basketball!
Head Ninja In Charge
3:31p, 10/30/23
Was at Toyota last night and SMH @ the ratio of GSW fans (and volume) compared to home fans and our piped in noise. Reminded me of prime Kobe when the Lakers visited.
WES2006AG
3:41p, 10/30/23
In reply to Head Ninja In Charge
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Was at Toyota last night and SMH @ the ratio of GSW fans (and volume) compared to home fans and our piped in noise. Reminded me of prime Kobe when the Lakers visited.
They are still a very trendy team to root for for people who have never set foot in California, and we suck, but it was noticeable on TV that there were a ton of them there.
shano0603
11:24a, 10/31/23
So harden now goes to the Clippers. Where he gets to play with Westbrook again.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 19
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings