************* Houston Rockets 23-24 Season thread ****************
56,110 Views | 641 Replies
WES2006AG
11:25a, 4/1/24
Dallas gets GSW tomorrow after SA decided not to help us out last night. Would be nice to get some help from the Mavs to have a chance at being 1 game back going into our matchup against GSW on Thursday.
texasaggie2015
3:55p, 4/2/24

How does this guy have a platform? I love Tari but I would personally drive him to the airport and carry his bags if we were trading him straight up for Bridges.
AG@RICE
8:42a, 4/11/24
On the road against the Jazz, Blazers and Clippers to finish the year. If we can win 2 out of 3 we will finish .500 for the year. That would be a massive positive outcome for the year.
Guitarsoup
8:55a, 4/11/24
In reply to AG@RICE
AG@RICE said:

On the road against the Jazz, Blazers and Clippers to finish the year. If we can win 2 out of 3 we will finish .500 for the year. That would be a massive positive outcome for the year.
That would be great. What was the over/under?
Aggie09Derek
9:12a, 4/11/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
Head Ninja In Charge
5:11p, 4/14/24
.500, baby. We did it. We're here.
WES2006AG
5:43p, 4/14/24
In reply to Head Ninja In Charge
Head Ninja In Charge said:

.500, baby. We did it. We're here.
I hope they had a full champagne celebration after this win.
Texaggie7nine
10:21p, 4/14/24
Tonyperkis
12:15p, 4/15/24
Excellent season. Would have loved to get play-in playoff experience, but our trajectory looks awesome.

Our best case seems to be following in OKC footsteps, just one year behind their process. They were 40-42 last year. The big difference is we don't have a top 5 NBA player like SGA who is hitting his prime in 6th season.

However, our ceiling is hard to quantify because of the leaps that Sengun and Jalen (assuming his March is for real) made this year.

We now have an identity of grit and defense established by Ime (who I fully trust is a championship caliber coach) and so much young talent that we don't yet know how good they could be.

I think goal next year is Top 6 in the West and then be considered a championship contender the following year.

Ags #1
11:39p, 4/15/24
Do we have our own pick this year or nets this year?
mAgnoliAg
11:41p, 4/15/24
In reply to Ags #1
Ags #1 said:

Do we have our own pick this year or nets this year?

We have the nets pick. Thunder have our pick.
Ags #1
12:10a, 4/16/24
In reply to mAgnoliAg
Thanks!
Guitarsoup
7:10a, 4/16/24
Nets pick is about a 20% at a top 4 pick, 51% at 9th, 26% at 10th.

Rockets also have their own pick if it is top 4, which is about 7%.
Harry Dunne
7:53a, 5/4/24
Now that I'm done rooting against the Clippers I'm not sure what to do
AG@RICE
8:36a, 5/4/24
In reply to Harry Dunne
Harry Dunne said:

Now that I'm done rooting against the Clippers I'm not sure what to do
I feel like its obvious....you start rooting against the Mavs.
Guitarsoup
2:23p, 5/12/24
Rockets get a top 4 pick with the Nets pick.
Guitarsoup
2:28p, 5/12/24
Rockets got the #3 pick from Brooklyn.
PoppaB05
2:35p, 5/12/24
Honestly, the Nets just need to stop ever trading their picks. It always turns out badly for them
rausr
2:36p, 5/12/24
Thank you Nets!
Guitarsoup
2:41p, 5/12/24
Does Houston try to copy Minnesota and take Clingan at #3, move Sengun to a big PF and go with twin towers?

Sarr won't get past Washington at 2. I could see Atlanta taking Sarr, then Washington taking Topic.
The Porkchop Express
3:35p, 5/12/24
In reply to PoppaB05
PoppaB05 said:

Honestly, the Nets just need to stop ever trading their picks. It always turns out badly for them
I mean they won all those champions with Harden and Durant!
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Guitarsoup
3:37p, 5/12/24
In reply to The Porkchop Express
The Porkchop Express said:

PoppaB05 said:

I mean they won all those champions with Harden and Durant!

Don't forget the ones with Pierce and Garnett. Traded the picks that became Tatum and Brown for those chips.
mAgnoliAg
7:24p, 5/12/24
I'm not sure Clingan is the best fit for a team that already has 1-2 guys in the lineup who can't shoot the 3.
M.C. Swag
7:26p, 5/12/24

Just wanted to toot my own horn. Lol Nets are so dumb.
Guitarsoup
7:41p, 5/12/24
In reply to M.C. Swag
M.C. Swag said:

Just wanted to toot my own horn. Lol Nets are so dumb.
Don't forget the Rockets tried to trade back the picks for MIkal Bridges this year and the Nets said no.
texasaggie2015
7:21a, 5/13/24
Going to be really interesting to see what they do with the pick.
superaggie73
7:24a, 5/13/24
In reply to texasaggie2015
texasaggie2015 said:

I think their biggest need is shooting, so I'd go with Sheppard. But ideally they could package Green and #3 for a legit starting 2 guard.
Guitarsoup
7:58a, 5/13/24
In reply to superaggie73
superaggie73 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I think their biggest need is shooting, so I'd go with Sheppard. But ideally they could package Green and #3 for a legit starting 2 guard.
Only wing I know is on the market is Brandon Ingram, but with his salary, I don't know how you make that work. If you really wanted him, would probably have to be a 3-team deal, and I also don't think NOLA wants Green.

Stone may just be saying that to raise price/gauge interest.
bigjag19
8:16a, 5/13/24
Bronny. Daddy signs.

I don't expect or want this at all.

But it's been mentioned by someone as a chance I'm sure.
Guitarsoup
8:21a, 5/13/24
In reply to bigjag19
bigjag19 said:

Bronny. Daddy signs.

I think there's a legitimate chance that LeBron and Rich Paul tell the nicks or the cavaliers to draft Bonnie and he will take the veteran exception to sign with them for one last run.

I don't think he would do that with any of the Texas teams.

Since he cares so much about his legacy, I can see him wanting to go back to Cleveland and play with his son and win them another title and with how talented their team is he could legitimately be the missing piece for that team.

The same thing with the Knicks. They haven't won in 50 years so signing with them and leading them to their first title with his son. Then retiring could certainly be great for his endorsements and legacy.

He has to know that if he stays in la he's going to be another play-in team and there's nothing LA can really do to make them contend with the nuggets.
superaggie73
8:28a, 5/13/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup said:

bigjag19 said:

Bronny. Daddy signs.

I think there's a legitimate chance that LeBron and Rich Paul tell the nicks or the cavaliers to draft Bonnie and he will take the veteran exception to sign with them for one last run.

Since he cares so much about his legacy, I can see him wanting to go back to Cleveland and play with his son and win them another title and with how talented their team is he could legitimately be the missing piece for that team.

The same thing with the Knicks. They haven't won in 50 years so signing with them and leading them to their first title with his son. Then retiring could certainly be great for his endorsements and legacy.

He has to know that if he stays in la he's going to be another play-in team and there's nothing LA can really do to make them contend with the nuggets.

If that were to happen, is there any chance LA blows it up and deals AD too?
Guitarsoup
8:36a, 5/13/24
In reply to superaggie73
superaggie73 said:

Guitarsoup said:

bigjag19 said:

Bronny. Daddy signs.

If that were to happen, is there any chance LA blows it up and deals AD too?

They won't have a choice. They will have to trade Davis. They will essentially be like Brooklyn but in a worse situation.

And as good as ad is, he has a reputation for not being a winner and not being healthy. Even this year he was crying about not being top three for defensive player of the Year.
AG@RICE
9:23a, 5/13/24
This draft is loaded with a bunch of very raw talent. Lots of guys that are athletic and might end up good 3/D players, but nothing seems certain.

We already have a stockpile of those players, so I want Reed Sheppard with our pick. 52% from 3pt on 144 attempts and top 10 in steals in the NCAA despite starting on the bench. He may not be athletic enough to hold up defensively against some of the elite guards of the NBA, but if he plays next to Amen, Tari and Bari we can hide him.

He could be a nice role player off the bench while he learns from FVV. Seems like a really good fit to me.
Johnsy3
9:27a, 5/13/24
In reply to Guitarsoup
I absolutely loved that the day AD complained to the media about never winning DPOY, he got switched onto Jamal Murray and gave up the game winning shot
Guitarsoup
9:32a, 5/13/24
In reply to Johnsy3
Johnsy3 said:

I absolutely loved that the day AD complained to the media about never winning DPOY, he got switched onto Jamal Murray and gave up the game winning shot

I came
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 18 of 19
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off