EastCoastAgNc said:

CFTXAG10 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Hey wake up ****ers!!! It's JV day!!!

Time to bring back rally Kate
Is that allowed?
What are they gonna do? Fire me?
No, but they might put a firm underhand monkey grip on your Johnson

I'm not sure if that's what they consider a threat or a promise. Either way I'm up to the task at hand.

I'm tired of this 20 game ball breaking slump and am hell bent on stopping it.

Everyone should hide their phones from the kids and wives. Set the pics to not auto load. Or go watch the game in the other room tonight with the dog.

If you are a lurking newbie and don't like Kate pics, the rangers thread is that way. - - - >
All I do is Nguyen
10:13a, 4/19/24
In reply to CFTXAG10
CFTXAG10 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Hey wake up ****ers!!! It's JV day!!!

Time to bring back rally Kate
AMEN BROTHER

Ag_07
10:25a, 4/19/24
Honestly given the state of things getting this thread nuked doesn't sound like such a bad idea.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
10:27a, 4/19/24
In reply to Ag_07
Ag_07 said:

Honestly given the state of things getting this thread nuked doesn't sound like such a bad idea.

Do it
W
10:28a, 4/19/24
MacKenzie Gore starting for the Nationals tonight

never heard of him

but he's off to a good start in 2024

left-handed -- usually pitches 5 innings
CFTXAG10
10:29a, 4/19/24
In reply to Ag_07
Ag_07 said:

New season starts today. Let's do it!
Farmer1906
10:32a, 4/19/24
In reply to W
W said:

MacKenzie Gore starting for the Nationals tonight

never heard of him

but he's off to a good start in 2024

left-handed -- usually pitches 5 innings
One of the main pieces in the Soto trade. He pitched well vs us last year.
MaxPower
10:45a, 4/19/24
In reply to iBrad
iBrad said:

I think Dana is in control of the draft and player development, but Crane is still the primary decision-maker on trades and free agents. Dana's true impact on the organization probably won't be visible for several years.

If that continues to be the case we won't get to see Dana's work because Crane will trade all those prospects for 40 year old pitchers.
W
10:57a, 4/19/24
In reply to EastCoastAgNc
EastCoastAgNc said:

that's a good article

and it proves the old adage about being unable to hide a bad hitter in the lineup

Abreu has had 7 RISP at-bats in the 8-hole...and of course 0 for 7

credit to the opposing managers and pitchers -- they are looking for Abreu
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
11:00a, 4/19/24
In reply to W
W said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

that's a good article

and it proves the old adage about being unable to hide a bad hitter in the lineup

Like a fat kid in dodge ball, always go for the low hanging fruit.
linkdude
11:24a, 4/19/24
EastCoastAgNc
11:38a, 4/19/24
Mathguy64
11:39a, 4/19/24
In reply to W
W said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

that's a good article

There is only one spot in the lineup that would minimize his chances of seeing a RISP. And ain't no way he hits in that spot.

Like the adage says, if you are bad it doesn't matter where you hit, it's going to find you.
Farmer1906
11:52a, 4/19/24
In reply to EastCoastAgNc
EastCoastAgNc said:

Does anyone consider Loperfido to be what Chandler is describing him to be?

All he has to do is be slightly below average and he's an upgrade. If he's actually good then its a major upgrade.
texasaggie2015
11:56a, 4/19/24
It's really unbelievable that we didn't upgrade from Singleton at the very least. Garrett Cooper could have been signed for super cheap.
Buck Compton
12:02p, 4/19/24
In reply to Farmer1906
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

All he has to do is be slightly below average and he's an upgrade. If he's actually good then it's a major upgrade.
That's my point. We don't need transformational. We need passable. Slightly below average. Hell, just borderline replacement level. Singleton should be gone as well.

Abreu's D is trash at first base just adding insult to injury on his offense. Gurriel wasn't a first baseman and over 3 years developed into a fantastic defensive first baseman. Teach him. Develop him. But Abreu is done.
MaxPower
12:05p, 4/19/24
In reply to Buck Compton
Loperfido also plays multiple positions and has speed. That alone makes him more valuable even if he's just as bad offensively.
The Porkchop Express
12:11p, 4/19/24
If Loprefido can .175 with 15 home runs, he'll be a massive upgrade over Abreu and Pillsbury.

Are there no street free agents just wandering around that we can sign until something better comes along? How come there's always 35 guys you can sign to kick in the NFL but nobody can play 1B?

WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
EastCoastAgNc
12:15p, 4/19/24
In reply to texasaggie2015
texasaggie2015 said:

It's really unbelievable that we didn't upgrade from Singleton at the very least. Garrett Cooper could have been signed for super cheap.
If only Crane knew his name...
AustinCountyAg
12:16p, 4/19/24
In reply to The Porkchop Express
The Porkchop Express said:

If Loprefido can .175 with 15 home runs, he'll be a massive upgrade over Abreu and Pillsbury.

Are there no street free agents just wandering around that we can sign until something better comes along? How come there's always 35 guys you can sign to kick in the NFL but nobody can play 1B?

tjack16
12:41p, 4/19/24
Aggies on right now if you need your baseball fix
Twisted Helix
12:45p, 4/19/24
In reply to tjack16
donde?
Lonestar_Ag09
12:45p, 4/19/24
Especially if you want to continue the watching losing baseball fix
tjack16
12:46p, 4/19/24
In reply to Twisted Helix
Twisted Helix said:

donde?

ESPN app . Were down 0-5 on bama but just put together a 6 run rally capped by grand slam so 6-5 Aggies now
tjack16
12:46p, 4/19/24
In reply to Lonestar_Ag09
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

You should check the score again
jja79
12:49p, 4/19/24
In reply to Lonestar_Ag09
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

We're 33-4 this season. Not much losing.
agproducer
1:04p, 4/19/24
In reply to Buck Compton
Buck Compton said:

Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

All he has to do is be slightly below average and he's an upgrade. If he's actually good then it's a major upgrade.
That's my point. We don't need transformational. We need passable. Slightly below average. Hell, just borderline replacement level. Singleton should be gone as well.

Abreu's D is trash at first base just adding insult to injury on his offense. Gurriel wasn't a first baseman and over 3 years developed into a fantastic defensive first baseman. Teach him. Develop him. But Abreu is done.
Yuli was a 3rd baseman or shortstop playing 1st. He had the defensive chops, and he could hit. Yuli struggled near the end, but we could put up with it because he was never a defensive liability.

Abreu built his career at the plate. With that gone, there's not much left.
Beau Holder
1:04p, 4/19/24
In reply to tjack16
tjack16 said:

Twisted Helix said:

donde?

ESPN app . Were down 0-5 on bama but just put together a 6 run rally capped by grand slam so 6-5 Aggies now

This A&M team has all the "never quit" and "too much firepower to be held down" that the Astros have lost.
agproducer
1:06p, 4/19/24

tjack16
1:08p, 4/19/24
In reply to Beau Holder
Beau Holder said:

tjack16 said:

Twisted Helix said:

donde?

This A&M team has all the "never quit" and "too much firepower to be held down" that the Astros have lost.

From down 0-5, to up 9-5 in a span of 2 innings
Twisted Helix
1:12p, 4/19/24
In reply to agproducer
What is the score now and what inning?
And producer that's just mean.
Beat40
1:14p, 4/19/24
In reply to Twisted Helix
Twisted Helix said:

What is the score now and what inning?
And producer that's just mean.
Live updates on the Aggie Baseball game thread:

*****Aggies @ Alabama - Friday Game 1***** - Page 34 | TexAgs
n_touch
1:31p, 4/19/24
In reply to AustinCountyAg
AustinCountyAg said:

The Porkchop Express said:

One of the favorite scenes
Wabs
1:54p, 4/19/24
In reply to texasaggie2015
texasaggie2015 said:

Bingo. Gotta have somebody that can step in if Abreu is doing exactly what he's doing right now. That somebody should have never been Singleton. That was a very dumb backup plan when there were plenty of veterans to sign for cheap. We should have signed someone that could play OF/1B/DH. Dana did NOT impress this past offseason (not sure if Crane was the problem or what but our offseason ****ing sucked).
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 306 of 609
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings