linkdude
1:55p, 4/19/24
Faustus
1:56p, 4/19/24
In reply to W
W said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

that's a good article

and it proves the old adage about being unable to hide a bad hitter in the lineup

Abreu has had 7 RISP at-bats in the 8-hole...and of course 0 for 7

credit to the opposing managers and pitchers -- they are looking for Abreu
Behind a paywall.

What are the 10 numbers?

Edit: I didn't mean to be terse. Season has been frustrating.
EastCoastAgNc
2:01p, 4/19/24
In reply to Wabs
Wabs said:

texasaggie2015 said:

It's really unbelievable that we didn't upgrade from Singleton at the very least. Garrett Cooper could have been signed for super cheap.
Bingo. Gotta have somebody that can step in if Abreu is doing exactly what he's doing right now. That somebody should have never been Singleton. That was a very dumb backup plan when there were plenty of veterans to sign for cheap. We should have signed someone that could play OF/1B/DH. Dana did NOT impress this past offseason (not sure if Crane was the problem or what but our offseason ****ing sucked).
It's almost as if all free agent decisions are made based on nothing other than the player's name and how hyped up he is. Seems like a terrible way to do things to me, but hey, I'm not an aging billionaire, so what do I know.
MaxPower
2:13p, 4/19/24
In reply to EastCoastAgNc
Some lessons only get learned the hard way. Hopefully he learns it soon before we slip into the 2006-2011 run of increasing irrelevance.
linkdude
2:51p, 4/19/24
Mathguy64
2:53p, 4/19/24
No Jo Jo? Somebody is going to be PISSED OFF.
Lonestar_Ag09
3:12p, 4/19/24
In reply to jja79
jja79 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Especially if you want to continue the watching losing baseball fix
We're 33-4 this season. Not much losing.
I was referencing that game as TJack said we were down 5-0 while I watched on my lunch break.
Twisted Helix
3:18p, 4/19/24
In reply to Beat40
Beat40 said:

Twisted Helix said:

What is the score now and what inning?
And producer that's just mean.
Live updates on the Aggie Baseball game thread:

*****Aggies @ Alabama - Friday Game 1***** - Page 34 | TexAgs

Thanks for the heads up. Never would've thought about that. I was sitting in a TexMex bar in Madisonville chatting up the Chicas. So Tits Out For Aggies? Or would they just lose their collective ****ing minds? Let's go Astros!
Lonestar_Ag09
3:20p, 4/19/24
In reply to Wabs
Wabs said:

texasaggie2015 said:

It's really unbelievable that we didn't upgrade from Singleton at the very least. Garrett Cooper could have been signed for super cheap.
Bingo. Gotta have somebody that can step in if Abreu is doing exactly what he's doing right now. That somebody should have never been Singleton. That was a very dumb backup plan when there were plenty of veterans to sign for cheap. We should have signed someone that could play OF/1B/DH. Dana did NOT impress this past offseason (not sure if Crane was the problem or what but our offseason ****ing sucked).

Name 3 of these options please
iBrad
3:34p, 4/19/24
In reply to Lonestar_Ag09
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Wabs said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Name 3 of these options please

Also expound upon the financial flexibility Dana had to go out and sign one.
Mathguy64
3:36p, 4/19/24
2 hours until Mr Upton takes the bump.

EastCoastAgNc
3:57p, 4/19/24
EastCoastAgNc
3:57p, 4/19/24
EastCoastAgNc
4:11p, 4/19/24

Motivational opportunity missed
Booma94
4:12p, 4/19/24
EastCoastAgNc said:

Wabs said:

texasaggie2015 said:

It's almost as if all free agent decisions are made based on nothing other than the player's name and how hyped up he is. Seems like a terrible way to do things to me, but hey, I'm not an aging billionaire, so what do I know.
That's kind of how the Belt Buckle Kid, Dan Schneider, ran the Washington Redskins.
tjack16
4:19p, 4/19/24
EastCoastAgNc said:

Motivational opportunity missed

How many current guys were on our 19 WS roster? It can't be that many
texasaggie2015
4:20p, 4/19/24
No need to give Washington billboard material and I guarantee you those who were on that team have it in their minds.

I don't see an issue with this at all.
MaxPower
4:24p, 4/19/24
Strasburg got a $200M bonus for that WS. Prolly worth it.
spadilly
4:26p, 4/19/24
In reply to tjack16
Altuve
Tucker
Breggy
Yordan
JV
Pressly
Framber

Anyone else I'm missing?
iBrad
4:31p, 4/19/24
In reply to spadilly
spadilly said:

Altuve
Tucker
Breggy
Yordan
JV
Pressly
Framber

Anyone else I'm missing?

Urquidy
EastCoastAgNc
4:33p, 4/19/24
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/39976154/rockies-coach-posts-video-cockpit-prompting-faa-probe
WTAF were these guys thinking? TLDR, coach takes a video of himself sitting in the pilots seat on a united airlines jet while it was in flight with the team on board, and then posted it on social media.
W
4:44p, 4/19/24
In reply to linkdude
can't sit Dubon right now

3rd best RBI man on the team
Mathguy64
5:12p, 4/19/24
I would give a chunk of my retirement to have been that paintbrush.

Kate gonna do this. JV may help.

Beat40
5:12p, 4/19/24
Tonight's the night the season resets and the boys get it going.
Twisted Helix
5:22p, 4/19/24
In reply to Beat40
Damn skippy. Damn the torpedoes and full steam ahead. Let's do this boys. LFG!
AggiEE
5:25p, 4/19/24
Is it weird that JV likes Dubon at CF?

Why is he better than Jake at that position (defensively)?
EastCoastAgNc
5:37p, 4/19/24
I can't watch any of the games this weekend. Blacked out and don't even have any way to get to the away broadcast. I feel the pain of those of you in Texas who constantly deal with this.
3 Toed Pete
5:37p, 4/19/24
In reply to Mathguy64
Mathguy64 said:

2 hours until Mr Upton takes the bump.

Poor JV.

That's no way to live.
bearkatag15
5:43p, 4/19/24
EastCoastAgNc said:

I can't watch any of the games this weekend. Blacked out and don't even have any way to get to the away broadcast. I feel the pain of those of you in Texas who constantly deal with this.

https://the.streameast.app/v22
DeProfundis
5:48p, 4/19/24
Yordan is bunting, we have reached a new low
Marvin
5:49p, 4/19/24
Gore blowing the Astros away early.

Poor Abreu......
Marvin
5:49p, 4/19/24
In reply to DeProfundis
DeProfundis said:

Yordan is bunting, we have reached a new low

He has been on the struggle bus for over a week now.
Marvin
5:51p, 4/19/24
Not a single competitive swing, but they'll get it going.
Twisted Helix
5:51p, 4/19/24
That's an rbi guy. You don't ****ing bunt him. What in the ****ing hell are we doing?
Beau Holder
5:53p, 4/19/24
At least Bregman saw some pitches. Otherwise they was a horrific start.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 307 of 762
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings