***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

659,519 Views | 14043 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by bearkatag15
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the Astros are 0-9 vs.

Yankees (12-6)
Royals (11-6)
Braves (11-5)

getting whipped by the good teams

scored a grand total of 22 runs in the 9 losses
DeProfundis
Pretty soon that much promised 10-game win streak won't even get us to .500
rgt99
Yeah, this team is just bad. Gonna be a looooong season
PoppaB05
AG
Do Espada and Brown know we are 6-13 because they are treating it like we are 13-6? We don't have time to let Abreu figure it out. We can't be seeing if Dubin can go three for the first time, we can't be leaving or Red hot hitting 1B prospect in AAA because reasons. We are 0 for the season when not playing Toronto or Texas. We will need a 10 game win streak just to reach .500 soon. Stop f***ing around
DeProfundis
W said:

the Astros are 0-9 vs.

Yankees (12-6)
Royals (11-6)
Braves (11-5)

getting whipped by the good teams

scored a grand total of 22 runs in the 9 losses

The good news is that I don't think we'll see any of those guys in the playoffs
EastCoastAgNc
AG
This team is awful and it's not gonna get fixed this year. Hopefully the deadline fire sale will restock the farm system.
tjack16
AG
We went 16 straight innings without a run in between last nights 1st inning and tonight's 9th
The Porkchop Express
If you guys want to feel good about watching someone fail miserably, we've always got room for you on the Joey Gallo thread.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
AggiEE
EastCoastAgNc said:

This team is awful and it's not gonna get fixed this year. Hopefully the deadline fire sale will restock the farm system.

Say this once we get most of our guys back in the rotation

The offense is something else. Great stats on paper but seems to not show up at all like 50% of the time
All I do is Nguyen
At least we have Aggie baseball!
No matter what
tjack16
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Thank goodness.
Wabs
AG
Next 15 obviously are critical games: 1 against the Braves today, then we've got the Nats, Cubs, Rockies, Guardians (home) and Mariners (home). Our record needs to somehow (and miraculously) be at least 16-18 after those games. That's going 10-5 to get back into the season.
tjack16
AG
Wabs said:

Next 15 obviously are critical games: 1 against the Braves today, then we've got the Nats, Cubs, Rockies, Guardians (home) and Mariners (home). Our record needs to somehow (and miraculously) be at least 16-18 after those games. That's going 10-5 to get back into the season.

I'd be happy with 8-7 the way things are going. But I think 9-6 will be the result
All I do is Nguyen
I am going to the game Sunday and I have only lost ONCE when I see the Astros live, and that was at the Orioles. That includes game 4 of the 2019 World Series at Nats park as well.
No matter what
MaxPower
Go to more games
Bag
AG
when it goes, it goes fast
All I do is Nguyen
Hey if yall wanna start a crowd funding campaign, I won't say no
No matter what
EastCoastAgNc
AG
AggiEE said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

The offense is something else. Great stats on paper but seems to not show up at all like 50% of the time
By the time that happens, at the rate we're going now, the hole will be so deep it won't matter.
tjack16
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

AggiEE said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

By the time that happens, at the rate we're going now, the hole will be so deep it won't matter.

That and people are putting too much stock in McCullers coming back healthy and effective, plus Urquidy who we all know is a 4/5 guy at best.
I am very excited to get JV and LuACE back though. As long as they pitch to their capabilities.

I also think Framber might be more injured than we realize… them not getting an MRI is worrisome because I could see him making 1 start and re-injuring it worse
Prosperdick
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

And the sips got embarrassed by ut Pan Am last night. That's all I got, this team needs a priest to perform an exorcism.
AustinCountyAg
AggiEE said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

have you seen JV's #'s in his rehab starts? not exactly setting the world on fire.
Mathguy64
AG
tjack16 said:

I also think Framber might be more injured than we realize… them not getting an MRI is worrisome because I could see him making 1 start and re-injuring it worse

If it's true they didn't get imaging (and just because Framber was quoted saying it through an interpreter doesn't make it true) it's medical malpractice. I find it inconceivable that the team would not have done that.

Then again LMJ was not correctly diagnosed for 8 months.
Ag_07
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

AggiEE said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

have you seen JV's #'s in his rehab starts? not exactly setting the world on fire.

JV has said he's working on things during these starts. He's also had some awful AA defense behind him. Take those results with a grain of salt.

With that said JV won't be some CY caliber savior. I expect him to be give mostly consistent 6 inning starts giving up 3-4 runs with a good night and real stinker mixed in here and there. He won't dominate night in and night out like vintage JV.
cc10106
The Framber situation does remind me of JV's injury in 2020.
Boiling Denim
Chas is looking pretty terrible at the plate. How much rope does this guy get? We all assumed after Dusty stopped messing with him he'd take off. So many non-competitive ABs
cc10106
Chas had a big hit and catch on Sunday. I wonder if he's getting banged up a bit and trying to play though it.
All I do is Nguyen
No matter what
CFTXAG10
AG
Win today, that's a 3-3 split vs Rangers and Braves before the schedule lightens up. Was hoping for 4-2 but its not the end of the world. We have some major problems to work through, but its gonna be up to how we respond and what changes are made. Play your best ball after the ASB and leading up to the post-season.

Division leader is 9-9. We are 3.5 games back and have only played 11% of the season. The thread sometimes reads like its time to pack it in. Far from it.....
gambochaman
AG
guys, we're going to laugh so hard at these first few pages of posts when we are celebrating the world series win come November

AMIRITE?
JABQ04
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

If you guys want to feel good about watching someone fail miserably, we've always got room for you on the Joey Gallo thread.

At this point I'd almost be happy signing Gallo.
1). We know what we're getting
2) if he connects it's gonna go yard. Better than what we got with the other two.

*. Joking. Sort of……
AustinCountyAg
gambochaman said:

guys, we're going to laugh so hard at these first few pages of posts when we are celebrating the world series win come November

AMIRITE?
prolly not
Beau Holder
AG
Here I am for some reason still thinking about going to the game today.
iBrad
AG
Here are three different stretches from last season. There were a couple that, had we started the season with them, we'd see a similar amount of "sky is falling" reactions. However, had we started with the other stretch of games, we'd be positive that another WS championship was in store.

Lonestar_Ag09
AG
AggiEE said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I mean most offense shows up less than 30% of the time. Thats kind of the whole basis for an average. I'd be more than happy if we showed up at a 50% clip
AggiEE
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

AggiEE said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I mean most offense shows up less than 30% of the time. Thats kind of the whole basis for an average. I'd be more than happy if we showed up at a 50% clip

I'm talking about over 9 innings with 2 runs or less
First Page Last Page
Page 286 of 402

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.