***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

747,587 Views | 16344 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by _veeyah_
iBrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We'll probably see Altuve at DH one of the next two games, so Doobie will get at least one more spot this season.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
iBrad
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Somebody tell him that he didn't sign with Houston.
Mathguy64
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Scott Boras don't care. Scott Boras got paid.
Heineken-Ashi
Farmer1906 said:

Beat40 said:

tjack16 said:

I know some posters on here love Jake… but I just like Dubon in the lineup everyday over him. If they won't play dubon at first which I don't think they will… then he needs to be the everyday CF. He's just a better overall ball player than Jake in means of actual production on the field… not advanced stats… production.

Or, he could actually be used as a utility guy like he's supposed to as well.

Jake needs playing time.

Agreed.

If you make him the everyday CFer then you're getting more Kessinger. Not sure that's the move we want.

Dubon has been doing well. He's not outhitting Jake yet based on actual results. They're fairly similar. If you look at the batted ball data plus K & BB then Jake's production is more likely to continue vs Doobie's assuming they continue to hit the bal as they have.

Dubon has basically been Barry Bond, Mike Trout, & Babe Ruth rolled into one with RISP this year. Where most of the team has **** the bed, he's excelled. It's clearly not sustainable though.

Defensively Doobie has had a few miscues. Hes 0-2 on 5* (no shame in that). Only 10 of those have been made all year. He's also 0-1 on 3*. Jake leads the team in defensive value.

They both need to see the field. Jake more so in CF. Dubon more so as a 5th OF/UTL.
Dubon came in clutch many times last year. Got us through the first couple of months while Altuve was injured and we didn't skip a beat. He's earned it. And right now, he's better than Bregman.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Farmer1906
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Farmer1906 said:

Beat40 said:

tjack16 said:

I know some posters on here love Jake… but I just like Dubon in the lineup everyday over him. If they won't play dubon at first which I don't think they will… then he needs to be the everyday CF. He's just a better overall ball player than Jake in means of actual production on the field… not advanced stats… production.

Jake needs playing time.

Agreed.

If you make him the everyday CFer then you're getting more Kessinger. Not sure that's the move we want.

Dubon has been doing well. He's not outhitting Jake yet based on actual results. They're fairly similar. If you look at the batted ball data plus K & BB then Jake's production is more likely to continue vs Doobie's assuming they continue to hit the bal as they have.

Dubon has basically been Barry Bond, Mike Trout, & Babe Ruth rolled into one with RISP this year. Where most of the team has **** the bed, he's excelled. It's clearly not sustainable though.

Defensively Doobie has had a few miscues. Hes 0-2 on 5* (no shame in that). Only 10 of those have been made all year. He's also 0-1 on 3*. Jake leads the team in defensive value.

They both need to see the field. Jake more so in CF. Dubon more so as a 5th OF/UTL.
Dubon came in clutch many times last year. Got us through the first couple of months while Altuve was injured and we didn't skip a beat. He's earned it. And right now, he's better than Bregman.

By being a serviceable back up at 2B last year, he's earned the starting CF job? Not sure I follow that logic.

Right now, a lot of guys are better than actual better players. It's the first month of the season.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag_07
AG
There's our vocal leader!!!
AggiEE
Farmer1906 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Farmer1906 said:

Beat40 said:

tjack16 said:

Jake needs playing time.

Agreed.

By being a serviceable back up at 2B last year, he's earned the starting CF job? Not sure I follow that logic.

Right now, a lot of guys are better than actual better players. It's the first month of the season.

If Jake is in CF in the 9th, then that inning would not have been as bad.

I do not understand JV's insistence that he's his CF, or that Espada didn't defensively replace him in the 8th and 9th inning for Jake.

Dubon's hitting has been clutch, if he could play some at 1B that would be ideal…but I don't like him in CF
GigEM96

Get your head out of your asses, chumps.

Prosperdick
AG
GigEM96 said:

Get your head out of your asses, chumps.

Also, f*** off, Cora!
tjack16
AG
I mean if anybody in that locker room could scare me into playing well it would be JV
Nino Brown
I don't know bro. I'm a grown azz man, played college basketball and consider myself moderately tough.

However, if Yordan was ever mad at me, gave me a stare and started walking my way, I might piss myself just a little.
tjack16
AG
Nino Brown said:

I don't know bro. I'm a grown azz man, played college basketball and consider myself self moderately tough.

However, if Yordan was ever mad at me, gave me a stare and started walking my way, I might piss myself just a little.

Yordan would scare me the most.
JV I'd respect the most
Altuve… if he every looked at me and was disappointed I think I'd cry myself to sleep
EastCoastAgNc
AG
DeProfundis
Good morning to everyone except the 7 baseball fans in that hell hole known as Washington DC
Mathguy64
AG
A long time ago I lived in Fairfax and worked in DC at George Washington U for 2 years.

That was a great 2 years. It was just long enough to see everything there in and around DC. Some things were eye opening. That was when the first real surge of street crazies were coming out. People who would stand on a corner and just act nuts. Screaming at people. Cussing at people. You name it and they did it.

Back then Pennsylvania Ave went straight through and past the WH and Lafayette Park was across the street. It was full of homeless people. Now it's full of 24/7 demonstrators.
MaxPower
I enjoyed DC last summer. Was just visiting and hung out around the capitol area so probably not a representation of the city as a whole. There weren't many demonstrators but my favorite was the guy handing these out:

tjack16
AG
I had a DC trip two years ago and had a blast. Didn't get to see the Nationals park but went to Baltimore for an afternoon at Camden… then did 4th of July at the White House. Was a fun 4 day trip with a lot of cool sites to see. Would love to catch a nationals game next time I go.

EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Big Al 1992
AG
Not Astro related but Houston Sharpstown baseball legend. College player of the year at Stanford. Played with a few Aggies on Team USA and Cape Cod League. 1st round draft pick, #3 pick overall with the Twins. Played with Minnesota, SF, KC and won a ring w Boston in 2004. And one of my best friends growing up.

Big Al 1992
AG
DP
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Not Astro related but Houston Sharpstown baseball legend. College player of the year at Stanford. Played with a few Aggies on Team USA and Cape Cod League. 1st round draft pick, #3 pick overall with the Twins. Played with Minnesota, SF, KC and won a ring w Boston in 2004. And one of my best friends growing up.

Very sorry for your loss
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

The Porkchop Express
Big Al 1992 said:

Miserable feeling. Friend of mine knew him and was really hurting yesterday
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Abreu again...
Mathguy64
AG
Why is our future 1B playing for the Nats?
AggiEE
Why TF is Dubon playing CF again?

Why have they given up on Jake?
DeProfundis
Pretty balsy the nats only have 1 defensive sub, I think Gallo can play 1B, 3B, lf, rf tho
EastCoastAgNc
AG
AggiEE said:

Why TF is Dubon playing CF again?

Why have they given up on Jake?

Because he has the hot hand? We need wins.
iBrad
AG
And because we aren't going to bench Bregman and Abreu. You know, the back of the baseball card guys.
First Page Last Page
Page 315 of 467

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.