*****Official Texas Rangers World Series Title Defense Thread***** [Staff Warning]
328,880 Views | 6880 Replies
KT 90
7:40p, 5/5/24
In reply to Lt. Joe Bookman
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

rgag12 said:

Rangers win, Aggies win, Astros Lose. Perfect baseball day

Let's get a Stars win tonight to go along with the Mavs win on Friday to cap off a great sports weekend.

I don't watch a whole lot of hockey, but I have it on tonight. Stars up 1-0 in the 2nd.
gcracker13
7:40p, 5/5/24
In reply to KT 90
I believe we're still waiting on the thumb issue to resolve itself
DallasAg 94
7:50p, 5/5/24
Harris, Huff, and Ornelas are all 3 on the Active RR Roster and all 3 are on the 40.

ALL 3 played for RR in Alb, yesterday. NONE of them are in the lineup today.

Hill is not on the 40... and IS in the lineup right now with RR in Albuquerque.

The radio (Sandler?!) indicated a couple days ago that the Rangers were 26th in MLB for production at DH. So, a pretty low bar.

I'd expect the decision was made already and will be announced tomorrow.

Maybe we see Jared Walsh return?! Brandon Belt?!

Tksymm7
7:57p, 5/5/24
In reply to DallasAg 94
Every single name you just brought up gives me heartburn.
DallasAg 94
8:08p, 5/5/24
In reply to KT 90
If you enjoy the game, I highly... HIGHLY... recommend getting to a playoff game.

I was a STH for 10 years... I figure I've been to over 300 games, with probably 35-40 playoff games.

I've had the privilege of going to many sporting events and IMO nothing compares to the intensity of an NHL playoff. When the Goalies are standing on their heads, I don't really have a comparison. When the Ags won the BXII in St. Louis against K-State, we were standing by the band during the game and Sirr Parker's TD was literally in front of us. That's like Round 1.

The excitement and joy of winning the WS was off the charts, but the intensity of Sborz finishing off the WS... that is what a Stanley Cup Final game is like... THE ENTIRE GAME.

My 1st year was the year the Stars lost in the Western Conf Finals and I literally couldn't have made it through the Cup had they made it. The next year I had to pace myself better.
gcracker13
8:09p, 5/5/24
Do we know why Brandon Belt is still available?
Water Boy
8:17p, 5/5/24
In reply to gcracker13
Most likely asking for too much money. He's probably at a point in his career where he won't play for less than a certain amount and no team has offered him that amount. That's my guess at least.
Lt. Joe Bookman
8:21p, 5/5/24
In reply to DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94 said:

If you enjoy the game, I highly... HIGHLY... recommend getting to a playoff game.

I was a STH for 10 years... I figure I've been to over 300 games, with probably 35-40 playoff games.

I've had the privilege of going to many sporting events and IMO nothing compares to the intensity of an NHL playoff. When the Goalies are standing on their heads, I don't really have a comparison. When the Ags won the BXII in St. Louis against K-State, we were standing by the band during the game and Sirr Parker's TD was literally in front of us. That's like Round 1.

The excitement and joy of winning the WS was off the charts, but the intensity of Sborz finishing off the WS... that is what a Stanley Cup Final game is like... THE ENTIRE GAME.

My 1st year was the year the Stars lost in the Western Conf Finals and I literally couldn't have made it through the Cup had they made it. The next year I had to pace myself better.

I find that I drink A LOT during a stars playoff run.
DallasAg 94
8:32p, 5/5/24
In reply to Tksymm7
We've got some P on the 40 that we can dump, so it isn't out of the question to add someone.

I would take advantage of letting Langford "rehab" a bit long in the minors to regain his power.

I think with Jankowski, you could add Huff and just let him rip at the ball for a week or two, while you consider maybe a better DH option.

Maybe you cycle a couple guys.

Mr Gigem
8:33p, 5/5/24
What a goal!
Tksymm7
8:36p, 5/5/24
In reply to DallasAg 94
Huff is the only one I'm interested in most likely
Mr Gigem
8:55p, 5/5/24
The blonde behind the Stars bench…
DallasAg 94
8:55p, 5/5/24
In reply to gcracker13
Looks like he signed a 1yr deal with Tor, last season. Maybe he is looking for a multi-year deal?!

I think once the season started, he likely decided to just wait until the right opportunity. I think he won 2 WS with Bochy in SFG, so maybe he'd be interested in re-joining his former skipper and adding another WS on the cheap.
Flounder Dorfman
8:56p, 5/5/24
In reply to Mr Gigem
Mr Gigem said:

The blonde behind the Stars bench…

Oh yeah.
DallasAg 94
9:00p, 5/5/24
At this point... every time the puck is cleared from the zone is like striking out the batter with the bases loaded and 2 outs.
ryanhnc10
9:01p, 5/5/24
Hopefully we score immediately after goalie pull.
ryanhnc10
9:07p, 5/5/24
Jake Oettinger baby let's goooo
DallasAg 94
9:08p, 5/5/24
LET'S GO GET DRUNK...ER!!!!
ryanhnc10
9:08p, 5/5/24
Also frick you Vegas. Enjoy your offseason
Flounder Dorfman
9:10p, 5/5/24
STARS!!!
Lt. Joe Bookman
9:10p, 5/5/24
What a sports weekend.
DallasAg 94
9:15p, 5/5/24
In reply to ryanhnc10
I think that was the team to beat.

Not saying it'll be easy sailing, but Vegas just knows how to win.
Flounder Dorfman
9:18p, 5/5/24
In reply to DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94 said:

Agreed completely. That was the worst matchup.

Not saying they are going all the way, but that was a really bad matchup for them.
gigem1223
9:24p, 5/5/24
In reply to DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94 said:

Agree. The Avs are probably the 2nd least favorable matchup. NHL did the stars no favors winning the 1 seed (dumb bracketing rules). The Avs IMO are the team remaining standing in their way from lord Stanley's cup.
DallasAg 94
9:46p, 5/5/24

Stars v Avs: Rd 2
Quote:

Game 1: COL @ DAL | May 7, 9:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Game 2: COL @ DAL | May 9, 9:30 p.m. (TNT)
Game 3: DAL @ COL | May 11, TBD (TNT)
Game 4: DAL @ COL | May 13, TBD (ESPN)
Game 5: COL @ DAL | May 15, TBD*
Game 6: DAL @ COL | May 17, TBD*
Game 7: COL @ DAL | May 19, TBD*
Mavs vs Thunder: Rd 2
Quote:

Game 1: Tuesday, May 7 at Oklahoma City (9:30 p.m. ET, TNT)
Game 2: Thursday, May 9 at Oklahoma City (ESPN)
Game 3: Saturday, May 11 at Dallas (3:30 p.m. ET, ABC)
Game 4: Monday, May 13 at Dallas (9:30 p.m. ET, TNT)
Game 5 (if necessary): Wednesday, May 15 at Oklahoma City (TNT)
Game 6 (if necessary): Saturday, May 18 at Dallas (8:30 p.m. ET, ESPN)
Game 7 (if necessary): Monday, May 20 at Oklahoma City (8:30 p.m. ET, TNT)

Rangers vs Oak
Quote:

Mon, May 6 @Oakland 8:40 PM Heaney Wood
Tue, May 7 @Oakland 2:37 PM Stripling
Wed, May 8 @Oakland 2:37 PM Lorenzen Sears
Wed, May 8 @Oakland 5:37 PM

Fri, May 10 @Colorado 7:40 PM Dunning Gomber
Sat, May 11 @Colorado 7:10 PM Gray Feltner
Sun, May 12 @Colorado 2:10 PM

sburg2007
9:48p, 5/5/24
Sure am glad I personally DGAF about basketball but, that really blows for those that do.
Flounder Dorfman
10:42p, 5/5/24
What time zones are those listed?
dvldog
10:51p, 5/5/24
In reply to Flounder Dorfman

Water Boy
10:54p, 5/5/24
NBA playoffs are way too long.
LeagueCityAg
11:23p, 5/5/24
YouTube TV multiview for the win!
dvldog
11:39p, 5/5/24
No more Razor on TV (for playoffs)
Legal Custodian
11:57p, 5/5/24
In reply to dvldog
dvldog said:

No more Razor on TV (for playoffs)

This is the worse part of the playoffs. Trying to sync up the radio to the tv
South Platte
6:18a, 5/6/24
Good lord I love watching Astros fans meltdown after Hader gets shelled again. In a couple of years the Astros could turn into Jose Altuve and . . .

ChoppinDs40
8:49a, 5/6/24
In reply to Tksymm7
I think the idea all along has been to put Langford in LF full time and Carter to CF and move on from Leody.

However, neither of them are snatching that from Leody. Maybe we continue to use Leody as trade bait down the road if he keeps producing as an avg. bat and a + defender.

Let's say that move does happen (or Leody is still here as a bench player), I think that's why they re-signed Jankowski. El Blondi is more than serviceable in the corners.

Now, where I think this team has a huge addressable need, and has for a few seasons now, is going and getting a legit DH. Sort of what Houston tried to do with Abreu. A DH you want to put in the 3/4 hole, no questions asked. I'm not sure who in the MLB right now fits that mold but that's a great way to get some power into the lineup... not relying on a rookie who will eventually play OF.
CowtownAg06
9:07a, 5/6/24
In reply to ChoppinDs40
Those guys are pretty hard to find all around baseball. Most teams use the DH as a way to get guys off their feet and don't have a locked in guy. Garver was the other option to fill that hole and he's off to a very rough start in Seattle.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 156 of 197
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings