Our next flip in Timbergrove
33,284 Views | 201 Replies
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
7:07a, 12/13/23
We got our plumbing inspection approved yesterday morning.

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
7:11a, 12/13/23
And the foundation guys are FLYIING too. We will be pouring soon.

That's me and the '89 Bronco in the bottom of the first image. Also, someone asked how I'm getting these shots. I purchased a drone a few years back to use on the brokerage side for marketing and pre-inspections. It's been a great tool for my clients to say the least.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
MS08
8:34a, 12/13/23
In reply to Red Pear Realty
Wanted to get a drone for things like this too. New, big project is in the no fly zone for drones because of Easterwood's relative proximity.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
10:37a, 12/20/23
In reply to GoodOlAg05
GoodOlAg05 said:

If you ever need vinyl windows for any of your flips, I work at Trophy Windows and would be happy to help a fellow Aggie!

lance @ trophywindows dot com

BOOM! Another successful TexAgs hookup! Lance at Trophy Windows has a good product at a fair price and they are made in Houston. Can't ask for much better than that! Thanks man.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
4:06p, 12/28/23
Third time's a charm! Foundation inspection passed today.

We got red tagged on our foundation inspection because the inspector didn't like my 8.5x11 printouts of the foundation plans and asked for 11x17's at a minimum. In fairness, I also had the big 24x36 construction prints from our architect, Alan Kent, but those weren't stamped with the city's red seal of approval, so she wouldn't look at those. She also asked for a form survey, which I didn't think we would need. Unfortunately, this is where the holidays really started to take their toll on our lighting speed progress.

Precision surveyors got the form survey back to us by 12/21, and we were able to get an inspector back out the same day, but we failed again because (1) the engineer called for bent rebar coming out of the existing foundation into the new area and we had it straight [inspector said the way we did it would normally be fine but b/c the engineers plans called for this, we had to do it that way] and (2)(A) in the week since the last inspection, one of the walls had started to tip (super easy fix that we would have done ourselves before he got there had we seen it); (B) some leaves from the neighbors trees had fallen in our pour area (again, super easy fix). Our first inspection happened around 2pm, and we couldn't get another inspection the same day because the COH was slammed.

Fast forward to Christmas, a day or two after, and we passed on our third try today.

And finally for today, Houston Garden Centers had 8' Red Oak trees on sale for half off, so I picked one up for $50 and planted it in the front yard.

Foundation should get poured on January 2nd, and then we will start framing.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
4:50p, 1/3/24
Rain delayed a day, but they got it poured. Looking nice.

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
9:42a, 1/11/24
Yesterday morning:

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
9:42a, 1/11/24
Yesterday at 5:30pm

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
9:44a, 1/11/24
This morning

Señor Chang
10:23a, 1/11/24
Wow, y'all are making some major progress!
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
12:59p, 1/11/24
In reply to Señor Chang
Thanks! My mom said that when she built our home in '96 that it took the crew two weeks to frame it. This is going to take a little over 2 days!
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
10:07a, 1/13/24
Framing done and ready for inspection

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
4:44p, 1/18/24
Who has two thumbs and passed their Windstorm inspection on their first go? THIS GUY. Sheathing starts tomorrow. Next inspection is for OSB. Inspector noted two items that we need to update prior to the OSB inspection:

• Fill in EVERY SINGLE nail hole on our straps. Will do.
  • We need to add a few more anchor bolts in a handful of spots. No biggie.

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
3:19p, 1/22/24
Well, we got all the OSB up on the walls yesterday before the rain rolled in. This will probably be a slow week due to that. OSB will need to be inspected and passed before we can put up tyvek wrap, windows, cornice, and siding.

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
3:19p, 1/23/24
Passed windstorm and OSB today

Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
6:04p, 1/23/24
Looks like you guys are taking care of our money! We do enjoy getting back, so keep up the good work.
Red Pear Realty
6:22p, 1/23/24
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
6:23p, 1/23/24
In reply to Jay@AgsReward.com
We have to give it back quickly so we can turn around and gp do more deals.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
10:29a, 1/26/24
Shout out to Lance at Trophy Windows. Windows going in today. Yesterday we got the Tyvek up and cornice work started.

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
11:09a, 2/1/24
New roof day. We have some messes made! Siding pic was from a couple of days ago. We are almost completely buttoned up on that front. Hardie for the win!

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
5:34p, 2/1/24
New roof complete. I did a solid three hours of work today caulking the new hardie in between putting out fires. Wore my Sherwin Williams shirt and enjoyed a tall boy as every true professional painter does from time to time. Might have done about a third of the caulking or so. I think the elevation is turning out nicely.

wessimo
5:36p, 2/1/24
In reply to Red Pear Realty
Looking good
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
5:38p, 2/1/24
In reply to wessimo
Thanks man!
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
7:27p, 2/13/24
Passed electrical rough in today.

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
7:37p, 2/13/24
I need y'all's input on the master bath layout. Both are still feasible. Option A is our base, with a shower and tub. Option B has no tub but two HUGE shower bays. Which would you and your family prefer?

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
7:37p, 2/13/24
Option A
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
7:38p, 2/13/24
Option B
Diggity
8:09p, 2/13/24
might not be room with your layout, but these setups are cool as well

CaptnCarl
9:39a, 2/20/24
Option A all day.

Big showers are nice if someone else is cleaning them. Otherwise, a shower bay just big enough to move around comfortably and take a seat is the sweet spot, especially for cleaning. Smaller showers radiate heat better. Big showers absorb all the heat and no door makes it cold when the air is cool.

Plus option A give you a tub, which adds value. I enjoy a tub both hot and cold and my wife (most women) enjoy baths.
SoTxAg
10:33a, 2/20/24
We just re-did our master bath and went with the option A look cuz we figured the soaker tub had a better re-sell appeal, but does it really? We've been in the house 8 years and never used the jacuzzi tub that was in there previously.
Diggity
10:44a, 2/20/24
In reply to SoTxAg
definitely adds value. There are people that use them all the time and won't buy a home without one, people that think they'll use them and would like to have one, and people that won't use them.

Very few folks are going to skip a house because it has a nice soaking tub, but there are a lot that will skip a house because it doesn't.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
12:44p, 2/20/24
We ended up doing Option A. I appreciate all of y'all's feedback on it!

Also passed our plumbing rough in inspection last week.

Went for HVAC today and failed bc we didn't have our dryer vent and bathroom exhaust vents vented. I thought we had until the final cover up inspection but was wrong. Lesson learned!
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
12:08p, 3/4/24
Update:

We passed our cover up inspections for electrical, plumbing, structural, and mechanical last Wednesday, then we sprayed in open cell foam insulation throughout the house Thursday and Friday. We passed our insulation inspection this morning, so we are ready to drywall starting tomorrow morning! Watching the foam guys do their thing was really cool. Because the entire house is spray foamed, we are going to air condition the entire attic, which will make the house super energy efficient. We have one 4 ton 18 seer Trane unit for the entire 2600 SF house.

I also added 2x6 blocking at possible future TV mount spots, and ran conduit and CAT6 cable to at least one drop in every bedroom plus the living room. And finally, took pics of every room before insulation went in so that I would have a rough idea of what stuff looked like without it just in case I ever needed that.

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
12:12p, 3/4/24
Last thing. I've had some folks who might be interested in buying reach out here and via the sign out front to set up walk-throughs of the house. We are about to start doing finish outs but if you're interested in buying, there is still the opportunity to pick out some finishes yourself. However, that window is quickly closing and we expect to go live with the listing on HAR sometime in April.
MS08
12:51p, 3/4/24
Even though remodel/addition, you were able to spray foam existing exterior walls? Spray foaming roof deck too? 650 SF/AC Ton for HVAC system seems a little aggressive in my experience. I've done 600 SF/AC ton but not sure I would push it much beyond that unless you get really scientific with the load calcs and makeup air, etc. But, if you have a foam encapsulated shell (all exterior walls and roof deck and garage separating wall) and one story only, I think it will be sufficient.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 4 of 6
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings