Our next flip in Timbergrove
33,855 Views | 201 Replies
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
1:59p, 3/4/24
In reply to MS08
The only things that remained in place for this house was the existing foundation, about 2.5 exterior walls, and the existing wood flooring. Everything else is brand new. I realize this now, but it probably would've been cheaper at this point just to knock the whole place down and rebuild from scratch. Half joking.

The entire house got a new open cell spray foam cover. That includes the interior and exterior garage walls and the attic. And the attic will be air-conditioned also. We paid a third-party company (engineer) who specializes in running load calcs for spray foam homes to run our load calcs for us and that's what they produced in their report, so that's what we did. They also produced the overall plan for how to run all the ductwork and all that good stuff.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
MS08
6:03p, 3/4/24
In reply to Red Pear Realty
Red Pear Realty said:

The only things that remained in place for this house was the existing foundation, about 2.5 exterior walls, and the existing wood flooring. Everything else is brand new. I realize this now, but it probably would've been cheaper at this point just to knock the whole place down and rebuild from scratch. Half joking.

The entire house got a new open cell spray foam cover. That includes the interior and exterior garage walls and the attic. And the attic will be air-conditioned also. We paid a third-party company (engineer) who specializes in running load calcs for spray foam homes to run our load calcs for us and that's what they produced in their report, so that's what we did. They also produced the overall plan for how to run all the ductwork and all that good stuff.

Sounds like you more than covered your bases! It is really coming along. Thanks for the response.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
1:52p, 3/5/24
Lime wash of the south and east sides of the house is complete. I think this link is good for something like 30 days.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/04dr5JwYx7au3a6qrOO4XSVow

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Señor Chang
4:05p, 3/5/24
The limewash looks great! I might have to look into that, since our house has ugly pink bricks.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
6:20p, 3/5/24
In reply to Señor Chang
Thanks man! We used Romabio from Home Depot. I'm happy with it so far!
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
9:49a, 3/22/24
Final day of interior painting.

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
2:14p, 3/22/24
Done painting the interior. And we now have power.

Sea Speed
12:32p, 3/24/24
This thread fell off my watch list and I always seemed to miss it on the front page. Looking good man!
Heineken-Ashi
12:41p, 3/24/24
Red Pear Realty said:

Final day of interior painting.

Sweet new business card photo.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
4:08p, 3/24/24
In reply to Heineken-Ashi
That would be way better than the young lady realtor with her arms crossed pic or the old lady with a 20 year old photo with the 90s poof hairdo pic
Sea Speed
4:48p, 3/24/24
My favorite game to play is to guess how different realtors actually look than their promo photos. Realtor promo 10 is usually a real world 4.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
4:57p, 3/24/24
In reply to Sea Speed
Truth
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
7:31a, 3/25/24
We are under contract.
htxag09
8:51a, 3/25/24
Red Pear Realty said:

We are under contract.
Congrats!
wessimo
10:18a, 3/25/24
Awesome! Congratulations!

ETA - looks like you didn't put in on HAR. How did the buyer find you?
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
11:47a, 3/25/24
In reply to wessimo
They drove by. Supply is very limited right now and they said they had been looking for something like this for a while. I put in an offer for a client on a similar house in Garden Oaks about two weeks ago that got over 10 offers. It's crazy out there.
The Fife
9:10a, 3/27/24
In reply to Sea Speed
Sea Speed said:

My favorite game to play is to guess how different realtors actually look than their promo photos. Realtor promo 10 is usually a real world 4.
I'm on dating apps and this comment hits way too close to home. My best story is meeting someone at a coffee place. I show up, look around, don't see her. There were no more than 5 people there so I'll just wait around for a little bit. From behind me I hear someone say my name. I turn around and there was a good 2 count before I put it together that the person I was looking at was the person I'd been talking to.

Pictures had to have been from a couple years and 60 or more lbs ago.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
7:41a, 3/29/24
Lights and fans are good to go and hardwoods are getting ready for install. We are going to hold off on the dining room chandelier until after they sand the floors so it doesn't get dusty.

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
5:10p, 3/29/24
Red Pear Realty said:

That would be way better than the young lady realtor with her arms crossed pic or the old lady with a 20 year old photo with the 90s poof hairdo pic

Oh man, now the attorneys are doing it too!
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
10:44a, 4/4/24
Kitchen is tiled and grouted. We went with a herringbone pattern. Laundry room is tiled and they are working on the tile in the bathrooms now. Oh and we passed our shower pan inspection yesterday.

MAS444
10:53a, 4/4/24
Looks great!
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
12:39p, 4/4/24
In reply to MAS444
Thanks!
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
1:36p, 4/4/24
We have air conditioning so we can start acclimating the wood floors to start installing next week.

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
8:12a, 4/12/24
Tile work in the two smaller bathrooms is done, and we are a little more than half way through with the wood floor install.

Front bath:

Middle bath:

Wood floors:

MAS444
8:21a, 4/12/24
Where's the shower wall tile from in front bath? Love that and want to do something similar on our new project.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
8:31a, 4/12/24
In reply to MAS444
It's Flash Ivory 5x5 from Arizona Tile:

https://www.arizonatile.com/products/tile/porcelain-and-ceramic/flash
Diggity
5:50p, 4/12/24
Either that's one narrow bathroom or the wide angle is working overtime.

Looks like a Kubrick scene.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
7:26p, 4/12/24
In reply to Diggity
I took it with the 0.5x zoom.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
8:43p, 4/30/24
Wood floors are done:

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
8:45p, 4/30/24
All the doors in one truck load:

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
8:52p, 4/30/24
I stained the spruce beadboard for the back patio ceiling with raw linseed oil and really like how it turned out:

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
8:56p, 4/30/24
And painted a BUNCH of trim:

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
8:59p, 4/30/24
Which I think turned out pretty good!

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
9:04p, 4/30/24
Then last Sunday I rented a mini bobcat from HD and flattened the front and back yards. We had a good time. I have all girls so they couldn't care less but a friend brought his boys over who loved helping.

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
9:10p, 4/30/24
The. We got to work putting out landscaping and sod. At the same time, the fence guys started doing their thing. I don't have a good pic of the completed yard work but will maybe bring a drone by the house tomorrow.

CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 5 of 6
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings