PXG IRONS

1,233 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Drparker
Drparker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was wondering if anybody plays the PXG irons or no someone that does. I was going to look into this brand. I have callaway clubs right now
Bobby patrinoooooo
AG
Great clubs. I started playing them a few years ago and I have not been able to switch to anything else. Every once and a while I will hit the new P790 that comes out, or the apex's, and those clubs just do not compare when it comes to feel.

I currently game the Gen 4 0311P's

Nothing feels better in your hands during heel and toe strikes. You aren't punished for your misses.

Obviously if you are a super serious golfer you don't want that because you want instant feedback on bad shots.

To me, it works great!
bowhuntr
I play gen 2 0311s. Elite players don't like the random boost in distance many pxg irons have. Random in that it doesn't happen every shot even though they are hitting it nearly in the same spot on the club face each time. I'm a 4, and don't notice it really. I saw a huge improvement in my long irons. Much more forgiveness there.

I hate the pxg marketing and the association with the company. I'm struggling to find the analogy, but there is definitely a reputation that comes with owning PXGs. Maybe as someone who 'thinks' they can buy a game? They were very high priced at one point. I only bought them because I had a large mil discount (and I hit them well). My price was well below all of the other high performing brands. I will likely switch to Srizon or Mizuno for my next set.

Stay away from PXG drivers and woods. I play the Callaway Rogue driver. Spin was 1000 RPM less than my PXG!
TJH_16
AG
I created a set from their overstock/sale.
5i and 6i are 2021 0211 chrome, these clubs are really hot feeling. Hit them well and were cheaper than the rest of my set. I had some old Cleveland clubs 5i would go like 195 this club I can get 205.

7i-GW are Gen3 0311P. They feel nice too, I was worried about forgiveness so ordered combo set but would have ordered all 0311Ps if I didn't it again.

ETA: Don't care much for PXG grips, not tacky feeling at all to me.
Drparker
Thanks for all the information. Going to the houston to check them out
Chip Douglas
Much better offerings from the main manufacturers in my opinion. I've had a couple of sets and sold them both within 10 rounds. The brand started as a billionaire's side project and turned their nose up at poors who couldn't afford their products. Now they're like Discount Dan with all the sales they run to try to move product.

Go to a proper fitting somewhere with all brands and buy what fits you best not what looks the coolest. If PXG is the best set for you then by all means go with them. I just don't think they work out for most people. All of the high profile staffers they have had moved on within a short time period.
Drparker
Thanks for the information
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.