Hilton Head Golf Recs

583 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by wyoag77
Colt98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Headed there at the end of May for a few days. Will play 3 times. Which three are the "must play".
StEdsCOOG
I've only been there once so I'll let the regulars speak but my father and I played Atlantic Dunes and we really liked it. And of course Harbour Town. Two really enjoyable rounds.
swc-ag
AG
Played Old South a few days ago. The course was in good shape and fun to play. Some "different" holes that require you to lay up with a long to mid-iron and then hit your approach shot to the green. The course was mostly fair but I would use the 18 Birdies app or something else to show you the satellite view so you can identify where the trouble is on each hole as it is not always apparent. Greens were slow but there was a LOT of rain the day before.

We played Old South with another couple who had played Oyster Reef a few days prior. They liked the course and commented on how fast the greens were when they played.

We wanted to play Hilton Head National but we were rained out . Have a great trip!
wyoag77
AG
I was down there recently w some of my high country golf buddies. We played Harbour Town, Oyster Reef and hit range balls at Shipyard. They are single digit handicap golfers - I am not.

HT was a must for us due to its name. It is really interesting to play a course and then see the pro's play it on TV. It was more course than I enjoy but am glad I played it. Forecaddies are required….and it was expensive. There is trouble everywhere and shots need to be planned. Bucket list item ticked off, but I do not need to return. Cart path only. Greens extremely fast.

Oyster Reef was a more relaxing round for me. Still challenging but not as 'stuffy'.

Did not play any holes at Shipyard but the facilities looked nice.

I am not a duffer but do not play much due to work and am not a CC member, so factor that into my HT evaluation.

One parting comment - if you are going soon, HT is closed for a couple of weeks before the tour gets there. When we played, crews were erecting the grandstands all around. My partners thought it was sad that I was paying more attention to the building design than the course. 'freaking engineer'…
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.