*****2024 Masters*****
46,784 Views | 920 Replies
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
12:00p, 4/12/24
In reply to TP Ag '87
TP Ag '87 said:

Was outta the country til late last night so just catching up with the visuals so forgive me if this has been addressed:

Are the LIV guys all wearing their "team" logos?

I'm sure it's in their contracts but it's dorky as hell.
bagger05
12:06p, 4/12/24
In reply to Some Junkie Cosmonaut
The "team golf" aspect of LIV has not been executed well at all.
Unemployed
12:10p, 4/12/24
In reply to TXAGGIES
TXAGGIES said:

TP Ag '87 said:

Was outta the country til late last night so just catching up with the visuals so forgive me if this has been addressed:

I think its contract driven, give them $100M, wear our logos
Koepka is wearing all Nike so I guess he's exempt.
Aggie Therapist
12:19p, 4/12/24
Anyone hungry?

chap
12:20p, 4/12/24
What a start to the back 9 Bubba!
Bunk Moreland
12:27p, 4/12/24
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

TP Ag '87 said:

Why? They are paid to wear it. It's no different than having netjets or mastercard on your clothes.
mavsfan4ever
12:33p, 4/12/24
In reply to aginlakeway
aginlakeway said:

mavsfan4ever said:

aginlakeway said:

JCA1 said:

aginlakeway said:

JCA1 said:

aginlakeway said:

JCA1 said:

I still can't believe AN didn't put him in the Thurs morning/fri afternoon wave.

Having to play until sundown and then having to come out at sunrise is probably going to be his undoing. Consecutive cut streak looks like it may be in jeopardy now.

There was nothing wrong with his original tee time. Not even ANGC can control the weather and subsequent 2+ hour delay in Thursday tee times.

25+ players have the same issue.

He could have benefited from the added time off between tee times regardless. And the weather forecast was well known before the tee times came out.

I get not giving preferential treatment but half the field gets early Thurs/late Friday tee times. Getting arguably the greatest golfer of all time, who also is basically stitched together like Frankensten at this point, in that wave would have made sense. Weather or not.

Golfers actually prefer Thursday afternoon/Friday morning. I could make a case that Woods original tee times were very favorable. The weather delay is what changed that.

Most "golfers" don't require multiple hours of rehab after their round and then several hours the next morning to get their body ready to swing a club. Tiger does. The quick turnaround is much harder on him than everyone else.

I get not wanting to give Tiger any perceived preferential treatment, but let's not act like we don't even know what he goes through to play.

Ok. But giving him a Thursday afternoon tee time WAS what was best for him and his injuries, as far as him getting off to a good start to the week.

Woods got a bad break with the weather. But 25+ other players did as well. And how much time he needs to warm up shouldn't be an issue in determining tee times.

I don't understand your point. So you think the ANGC doesn't want to give Woods a chance to compete better? I guarantee you the ANGC and TV do. So they're not going to deliberately do things to hurt his chances.

Again, it's my opinion that his tee times were good. The weather delay is what made them worse.

His tee times were good for a normal golfer. Ending late and starting early is awful for tiger and his back/leg. Having a morning and then afternoon tee time would seem to be much better for him specifically (not for other golfers). I don't see how this is really debatable. Look at him this morning and the other majors where he's finished late and then teed off early.

Hopefully he can start feeling better and turn it around but it doesn't look like his body will hold up.

I am certain the ANGC and TV want Woods to do well. Are you suggesting they set this up to hurt him? That's makes no sense from a tournament interest standpoint.

No, not saying they purposefully are trying to hurt him. Just pointing out that these were not good tee times for Tiger specifically as you were saying. And that ANGC didn't do him any favors (not that they should).
bagger05
12:41p, 4/12/24
Course playing tough today. Scoring average so far on the 11th this round is 4.76.

+4 starting to feel pretty safe for the weekend.
Seven Costanza
12:42p, 4/12/24
They do such a great job of making everything about this tournament feel exclusive and special.
Bunk Moreland
12:46p, 4/12/24
Homa finally gives one back on 11. 4-way tie for first at 6 under.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
12:47p, 4/12/24
In reply to Bunk Moreland
Bunk Moreland said:

Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

TP Ag '87 said:

Why? They are paid to wear it. It's no different than having netjets or mastercard on your clothes.

Wearing your team golf apparel at majors?

It's just an opinion.
Bunk Moreland
12:51p, 4/12/24
I'm not upset by your opinion or anything. I'm just curious as to why it would be any different than wearing your sponsors, which is required by contract.

Re: the LIV team stuff, it might be required or might not be. Likely varies by team. The captains (and i think some non captains) have equity in their teams, the teams are now signing sponsorship deals with international companies. I'm sure all parties would want exposure at the majors.

To me it's just the exact same thing as wearing a sponsor logo.
Bunk Moreland
12:53p, 4/12/24
Willett start to R2:

bogey, par, birdie, par, double, par, par, eagle. Even thru 8.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
12:56p, 4/12/24
Impressive.
wildmen09
1:08p, 4/12/24
Just got back from the Par 3! Had an absolute blast and got some good pics, in my opinion.

Big Al 1992
1:32p, 4/12/24
Dustin is playing like a lot of people (Rory) had hoped LIV players would play. Bryson kind of negating that.
AgLA06
1:35p, 4/12/24
In reply to Big Al 1992
Big Al 1992 said:

Dustin is playing like a lot of people (Rory) had hoped LIV players would play. Bryson kind of negating that.
Grandpa Phil is top half of the leaderboard.
Bunk Moreland
1:35p, 4/12/24
Was just in the car and the radio coverage said when Tiger's group teed off on 14 there was nobody even on the green. Pick the ****in pace up boys.
jimmo
1:38p, 4/12/24
sorry but, who's "Smiley" on the online broadcast?
AgLA06
1:39p, 4/12/24
In reply to jimmo
jimmo said:

sorry but, who's "Smiley" on the online broadcast?

Smylie Kaufman

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smylie_Kaufman
Bunk Moreland
1:39p, 4/12/24
In reply to jimmo
Smylie Kaufman. Former LSU player, had a drink of water on tour. Most known for his final round 81 in the final group when Spieth won.
jimmo
1:40p, 4/12/24
thank y'all
AgLA06
1:41p, 4/12/24
Feed on the Masters App is way behind the leaderboard updates.
MW03
1:43p, 4/12/24
In reply to wildmen09
That picture of #12 and Hogan's Bridge is excellent.
bagger05
1:47p, 4/12/24
Only 13 people under par on the day right now. Tough sledding.
AgLA06
1:53p, 4/12/24
In reply to bagger05
bagger05 said:

Only 13 people under par on the day right now. Tough sledding.
1/3 of the field is even or under at the moment.
AustinCountyAg
1:56p, 4/12/24
In reply to Big Al 1992
Big Al 1992 said:

I just counted 4 LIV guys at even or better. with three more at +1
bagger05
1:58p, 4/12/24
In reply to AgLA06
Yes but most of the field has a lot of golf left to play.

Only four or five rounds in the clubhouse at par or better.

Second nine playing tougher than the first.

Late times will get some calmer conditions at the end of their round. But will be pretty windy for the next couple hours.
WhoopN06
1:59p, 4/12/24
Bunk Moreland said:

Smylie Kaufman. Former LSU player, had a drink of water on tour. Most known for his final round 81 in the final group when Spieth won.

Naw. He played with Speith when he lost on 12 in 16
Bunk Moreland
2:03p, 4/12/24
In reply to WhoopN06
Ohhhh right right right right right.
AgLA06
2:05p, 4/12/24
The top 5 is giving Scottie every chance to run away from this.
suburban cowboy
2:05p, 4/12/24
In reply to Seven Costanza
Seven Costanza said:

They do such a great job of making everything about this tournament feel exclusive and special.

If I'm LIV I'm asking how can I create a tourney that rivals The Masters.

Perhaps, an ultra-luxurious experience Lambo golf carts, Persian Paige Spiranic cart-girls, betting plaza for patrons, cash and prize payouts for players (think % profit share from Aramco, PJs, Castles, Yachts, city namesakes, etc.).
aginlakeway
2:06p, 4/12/24
Woods in good shape to make the cut. Very impressive!
bagger05
2:15p, 4/12/24
In reply to AgLA06
AgLA06 said:

The top 5 is giving Scottie every chance to run away from this.

Lots of golf left but he is going to be tough to beat. All aspects of his game are CLICKING.
aggiebrother33
2:15p, 4/12/24
Vern sounds wasted…maybe celebrating his retirement a little early?
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 10 of 27
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings