*****2024 Masters*****

45,658 Views | 920 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by Aggie Therapist
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Figured we can leave the tips thread for folks discussing their time at the course and photos. This can be used for the tournament discussion. Tiger just finished his presser so the Masters is officially on. Pairings were released as well:

https://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html

Bunk Moreland
Groups 12 - 15

Hideki, Zalatoris, JT
Rahm, Fitz, Dunlap
Scottie, Rory, Xander
Wyndham, Viktor, Cam Smith

That is quite a run of players in a row.
DargelSkout
AG
In!!
JCA1
AG
Dad Christmas is here! Favorite week of the year by far. Weather is looking pretty good and we may see a much firmer AN than we've seen the last few years. Can't wait to get it going.
AustinCountyAg
JCA1 said:

Dad Christmas is here! Favorite week of the year by far. Weather is looking pretty good and we may see a much firmer AN than we've seen the last few years. Can't wait to get it going.
weather thursday is supposed to be terrible. The rest of the week should be great.
Ag_in_Moscow
The weekend in particular looks to have good weather.
Tailgate88
AG
In. Beat week of the year!
HeyAbbott
AG
Who do you pick to win The Masters: Either Scottie or Rahm OR the rest of the field?
jagvocate
AG
Just finished up my first ever day at Augusta National. What a class event. And HILLIER than it looks on TV
bagger05
AG
Psyched.

I think you gotta go with Scheffler. Dude is on a tear.

Very curious to see how sharp the LIV guys look. They haven't played a ton of golf lately.
_lefraud_
AG

oragator
oragator
Oh and this…

Yesterday
AG
oragator said:

That's hilarious! I played with Greg in a charity scramble once. He's not long at all but is a surgeon with wedges and his putter. We were playing with a girl who at the time played college golf and could bomb it. She got to tee it up from the ladies. So naturally we used her ball quite often and Greg says "now I know what it's like to be DJ Johnson." We won the event. Great guy.
mavsfan4ever
AG
oragator said:

Oh and this…

What's the troll? Is there beef between koepka and harman?

ETA: apparently harman is known as a slow player. Didn't realize that.
Bunk Moreland
Yeah slow and waggles
98Ag99Grad
AG
Yeah I dont get the troll either. What gives?
_lefraud_
AG
Brooks hates slow play

Harman is a slow player
98Ag99Grad
AG
Or it's the British Open champ paired with the PGA champ.
lazuras_dc
AG
Hilarious Chalmers story.
Bunk Moreland
98Ag99Grad said:

Agree. I think the internet is just making up **** with this. And given their personalities I'd imagine Brooks/Harman probably could or do get along just fine.
JCA1
AG
I know Harman has the waggles in his pre-shot routine but don't recall him being considered a really slow player. Seems most slow play doesn't come from the time you stand over your ball but from the time you spend debating club, wind, reading putts, etc. But maybe he does that too and I just missed it.
Duckhook
AG
Check out Chalmers attire that we all wore in that timeframe. Giant polos with sleeves that came down past our elbows. Baggy pleated khakis. I crack up when I see late 90's/early 2000's tournament replays.
_lefraud_
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Well I went back to 2015, and never has this been a thing.
Quinn
AG
Who are y'all rooting for?

Who are you rooting against?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Scotties wife is due with their first kid any day now. I didn't pick him. He said he is withdrawing if she goes into labor.
_lefraud_
AG
I want to see history, so Rory winning but I'm convinced he will never get this one

I'd like to see Brooks and/or any LIV guy win

I'll only root against no name guys, like Danny Willett
Bunk Moreland
Rooting for:

Brooks, Cam Smith, Nick Dunlap, Niemann, Theegala, Zalatoris

Rory completing the slam would be awesome to see.

Don't really root against anyone, but if the back 9 on Sunday is a showdown between Cantlay/Xander types I might just fall asleep.
AgBQ-00
AG
par three contest is on
AgBQ-00
AG
rooting for Speith and Fleetwood. Would be cool to see Rory finish the Slam. Not really rooting against anyone.
Quinn
AG
I'm rooting for Rory. I would love to see him win, but I don't think it will ever happen for him. Too much scar tissue.

I'm rooting against Scottie. I find him boring and I hate that there's a big chance that he runs away with it and makes it a boring weekend.
JCA1
AG
I would also like to see Rory win but I mostly want an exciting Sunday back 9. I'm mainly hoping for multiple lead changes, water balls on 12, eagles on 13 and 15, roars and ughs echoing through the pines, etc.
AustinCountyAg
JCA1 said:

I would also like to see Rory win but I mostly want an exciting Sunday back 9. I'm mainly hoping for multiple lead changes, water balls on 12, eagles on 13 and 15, roars and ughs echoing through the pines, etc.
this I LOVE watching the masters, but I HATE watching on Sundays when it is effectively over before the round begins. I want a tight leaderboard. Would be perfect if there were a couple young bucks, and a couple old champs all in contention with the leader changing, not just chasing..... I loved watching Phil make a run and then also having P Reed in the hunt. I just wished Sam wouldn't have fallen apart.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I'd like to see Scheffler win because I think he has a legit shot to win the grand slam with the way he's hitting the ball. If he can putt halfway decent he should roll.
Duckhook
AG
I will only actively root against Sergio, Reed and Koepka. Like others, I just want a tight tournament when they get to the "second" nine. I would like to see Hovland win, but he's been tinkering with his swing apparently.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.