*****2024 Masters*****
46,625 Views | 920 Replies
Tailgate88
6:32a, 4/12/24
In reply to Aggie Therapist
Aggie Therapist said:

he looks in prime shape too. Definitely been in the gym.

I just hope pain management medication is fine tuned and he is in a good head space.

Supposedly he has been texting his buddies at 4:00AM "I'm in the gym rn. What are you doing to get better?"
lazuras_dc
6:35a, 4/12/24
Stay hard
AgBQ-00
7:01a, 4/12/24
Tiger looks stiff this morning
aginlakeway
7:07a, 4/12/24
In reply to AgBQ-00
AgBQ-00 said:

Tiger looks stiff this morning

He doesn't look good at all.
JCA1
7:15a, 4/12/24
I still can't believe AN didn't put him in the Thurs morning/fri afternoon wave.

Having to play until sundown and then having to come out at sunrise is probably going to be his undoing. Consecutive cut streak looks like it may be in jeopardy now.
Seven Costanza
7:16a, 4/12/24
Aberg gives zero f**** about how you pronounce his name. I know Scandinavians are typically fluent English speakers, but it's amazing just how perfect the accents of Aberg and Hovland are for not having lived in the US until they were 18.

aginlakeway
7:17a, 4/12/24
In reply to JCA1
JCA1 said:

I still can't believe AN didn't put him in the Thurs morning/fri afternoon wave.

Having to play until sundown and then having to come out at sunrise is probably going to be his undoing. Consecutive cut streak looks like it may be in jeopardy now.

There was nothing wrong with his original tee time. Not even ANGC can control the weather and subsequent 2+ hour delay in Thursday tee times.

25+ players have the same issue.
AgBQ-00
7:27a, 4/12/24
In reply to aginlakeway
Yeah when he is out there visibly trying to un-screw his lower back he is having a bad time. Hoping he can loosen up and have a good day.
JCA1
7:32a, 4/12/24
In reply to aginlakeway
aginlakeway said:

JCA1 said:

There was nothing wrong with his original tee time. Not even ANGC can control the weather and subsequent 2+ hour delay in Thursday tee times.

He could have benefited from the added time off between tee times regardless. And the weather forecast was well known before the tee times came out.

I get not giving preferential treatment but half the field gets early Thurs/late Friday tee times. Getting arguably the greatest golfer of all time, who also is basically stitched together like Frankensten at this point, in that wave would have made sense. Weather or not.
DannyDuberstein
7:33a, 4/12/24
As great as he is, I'm not effing with the integrity of the tournament to intentionally give preferential tee times. No way. Tiger wouldn't ask for it either. He's a competitor.
JCA1
7:43a, 4/12/24
In reply to DannyDuberstein
DannyDuberstein said:

As great as he is, I'm not effing with the integrity of the tournament to intentionally give preferential tee times. No way. Tiger wouldn't ask for it either. He's a competitor.

You're right that Tiger wouldn't ask for it. But every tee time in every event is intentional. That's why Scheffler is never the first off the tee at 7:00. There is no randomness to them.
aginlakeway
7:48a, 4/12/24
In reply to JCA1
JCA1 said:

aginlakeway said:

JCA1 said:

He could have benefited from the added time off between tee times regardless. And the weather forecast was well known before the tee times came out.

I get not giving preferential treatment but half the field gets early Thurs/late Friday tee times. Getting arguably the greatest golfer of all time, who also is basically stitched together like Frankensten at this point, in that wave would have made sense. Weather or not.

Golfers actually prefer Thursday afternoon/Friday morning. I could make a case that Woods original tee times were very favorable. The weather delay is what changed that.
TXAGGIES
7:49a, 4/12/24
In reply to JCA1
JCA1 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

You're right that Tiger wouldn't ask for it. But every tee time in every event is intentional. That's why Scheffler is never the first off the tee at 7:00. There is no randomness to them.
PGA Tee times in most tournament have a "A", "B" and "C" wave. They are intentional so the better players are playing during prime time.
aginlakeway
7:51a, 4/12/24
In reply to JCA1
JCA1 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Correct. Woods tee times were intentionally set for the Thursday afternoon main TV window. It was a good tee time. Very good actually.
AustinCountyAg
7:52a, 4/12/24
In reply to JCA1
JCA1 said:

aginlakeway said:

JCA1 said:

I addressed it yesterday, but I will say it again. Originally, when tee times were announced many were skeptical that they would even play the first round on Thursday. I think having Tiger tee off later on the first day was his best move, especially on today. He's going to have a little break today. IMO the longer break in-between rounds the worse for him. I think once he gets loose he wants to stay loose and not have a three hour break in-between rounds.

You could argue if he had an early start on thursday and there was a major delay, he would've been playing early on friday, then a four hour break and having to start his second round later on friday. That would've been worse for him. I think the way it worked out current is best as possible for him honestly
JCA1
7:55a, 4/12/24
In reply to aginlakeway
aginlakeway said:

JCA1 said:

aginlakeway said:

JCA1 said:

Golfers actually prefer Thursday afternoon/Friday morning. I could make a case that Woods original tee times were very favorable. The weather delay is what changed that.

Most "golfers" don't require multiple hours of rehab after their round and then several hours the next morning to get their body ready to swing a club. Tiger does. The quick turnaround is much harder on him than everyone else.

I get not wanting to give Tiger any perceived preferential treatment, but let's not act like we don't even know what he goes through to play.
AustinCountyAg
7:56a, 4/12/24
In reply to JCA1
JCA1 said:

aginlakeway said:

JCA1 said:

aginlakeway said:

JCA1 said:

Most "golfers" don't require multiple hours of rehab after their round and then several hours the next morning to get their body ready to swing a club. Tiger does. The quick turnaround is much harder on him than everyone else.

I get not wanting to give Tiger any perceived preferential treatment, but let's not act like we don't even know what he goes through to play.
I disagree. I think it benefits him in situations like this where there was a delay. "quick turnaround" as in him starting his second round today dang near immediately after his first.
AgBQ-00
7:58a, 4/12/24
Morikawa looks unsettled
JCA1
7:59a, 4/12/24
Alright, sorry I brought it up. Let's get back to golf.

Max making a move. Love to see him in the hunt Sunday. Good dude.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
7:59a, 4/12/24
Homa enfuego
Unemployed
8:00a, 4/12/24
https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2024/04/11/masters-2024-bryson-dechambeau-3-d-printed-irons/

Feels kinda like "cheating" when technology mitigates or eliminates mis-hits on the club face.
BayAg_14
Homa is on fire. Would love to see him contend for this. Don't trust him on Sunday though.
Tom Kazansky 2012
In reply to AgBQ-00
AgBQ-00 said:

Morikawa looks unsettled

He looked like boo-boo from the first tee yesterday.
aginlakeway
8:01a, 4/12/24
In reply to JCA1
JCA1 said:

aginlakeway said:

JCA1 said:

aginlakeway said:

JCA1 said:

Ok. But giving him a Thursday afternoon tee time WAS what was best for him and his injuries, as far as him getting off to a good start to the week.

Woods got a bad break with the weather. But 25+ other players did as well. And how much time he needs to warm up shouldn't be an issue in determining tee times.

I don't understand your point. So you think the ANGC doesn't want to give Woods a chance to compete better? I guarantee you the ANGC and TV do. So they're not going to deliberately do things to hurt his chances.

Again, it's my opinion that his tee times were good. The weather delay is what made them worse.
lazuras_dc
8:02a, 4/12/24
Homa is ON
TXAGGIES
8:03a, 4/12/24
Homa! My pick has me in the top 1% of fantasy this week
_lefraud_
8:05a, 4/12/24
Tiger leaves back to back birdie putts short this am
BayAg_14
8:07a, 4/12/24
Spieth is toast.
Aggie Therapist
8:13a, 4/12/24
Praying for Tiger. He's done so much for the game and will forever be the goat.

Everyone should relish the moment, there will never be another Tiger Woods in our lifetime. Enjoy it, love it, tell your kids about it. We are here to witness it.
Marauder Blue 6
8:14a, 4/12/24
In reply to TXAGGIES
TXAGGIES said:

Homa! My pick has me in the top 1% of fantasy this week
His second shot on 17 was a DART! I'd like to see him do well this week.
AustinCountyAg
8:16a, 4/12/24
In reply to BayAg_14
BayAg_14 said:

Spieth is toast.
kinda shocked. even when his game is off he usually finds a way to compete and contend at ANGC. I bet his wrist is hurting him more than he's lead on.
aginlakeway
8:23a, 4/12/24
Was that an 8 or 9?
Unemployed
8:26a, 4/12/24
In reply to aginlakeway
aginlakeway said:

Was that an 8 or 9?
aginlakeway
8:26a, 4/12/24
In reply to Aggie Therapist
Aggie Therapist said:

Praying for Tiger. He's done so much for the game and will forever be the goat.

Everyone should relish the moment, there will never be another Tiger Woods in our lifetime. Enjoy it, love it, tell your kids about it. We are here to witness it.

Disagree on calling Woods the GOAT. But there's no debate about who has done more to grow the game of golf for future generations.

I'm hoping he makes the cut. IMO, that would be a huge accomplishment this week.
Bunk Moreland
8:32a, 4/12/24
Homa might be the only guy who resumed this morning that went negative. Tons of players gave away shots to finish their 1st. Real tough break for that section.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 7 of 27
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings