*****2024 Masters*****
46,604 Views | 920 Replies
Unemployed
8:34a, 4/12/24
Tiger didn't make much of anything on the greens. Thought he drove the ball well. Iron play could be better as well.
aginlakeway
8:34a, 4/12/24
I'm assuming Woods will be in the featured group for early round 2 coverage.

He tees off at 9:18 our time.
Muy
8:35a, 4/12/24
Tiger led the path for golfers to focus more on excercise and fitness. Compare most of these young golfers to golfers 40 years ago, night and day difference in terms of their physical training.
Aggie Therapist
8:37a, 4/12/24
In reply to Muy
Exactly. Some of these golfers are string beans or a little plump
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
98Ag99Grad
8:37a, 4/12/24
In reply to Tom Kazansky 2012
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

AgBQ-00 said:

Morikawa looks unsettled

He looked like boo-boo from the first tee yesterday.

New swing coach. But he's currently E so made a little comeback
AustinCountyAg
8:41a, 4/12/24
In reply to aginlakeway
aginlakeway said:

I'm assuming Woods will be in the featured group for early round 2 coverage.

He tees off at 9:18 our time.
featured groups for round 2 listed below.

• 10:18 a.m. | Tiger Woods, Jason Day, Max Homa
  • 10:42 a.m. | Jordan Spieth, Ludvig berg, Sahith Theegala
  • 11:54 a.m. | Gary Woodland, Thorbjrn Olesen, Bryson DeChambeau
  • 1:48 p.m. | Scottie Scheffler, Rory McIlroy, Xander Schauffele
JCA1
8:41a, 4/12/24
Harman with a back 9 47. Ouch.
Aggie Therapist
8:44a, 4/12/24
My supervisor is in another state.

I'm telling all my patients their problems can wait until Monday.

(I'm kidding)
_lefraud_
8:46a, 4/12/24
In reply to JCA1
JCA1 said:

Harman with a back 9 47. Ouch.
Even par standing on #13 fairway with a wedge and shot 81.

Golf is hard.
Aggie Therapist
8:48a, 4/12/24
In reply to Aggie Therapist
Who the hell flagged my picture
98Ag99Grad
8:49a, 4/12/24
Dechambeau is playing with a set of 3D printed irons that were just approved by the USGA on Monday for play. Didn't know that.
mavsfan4ever
8:52a, 4/12/24
In reply to aginlakeway
aginlakeway said:

JCA1 said:

aginlakeway said:

JCA1 said:

aginlakeway said:

JCA1 said:

I still can't believe AN didn't put him in the Thurs morning/fri afternoon wave.

Having to play until sundown and then having to come out at sunrise is probably going to be his undoing. Consecutive cut streak looks like it may be in jeopardy now.

There was nothing wrong with his original tee time. Not even ANGC can control the weather and subsequent 2+ hour delay in Thursday tee times.

25+ players have the same issue.

He could have benefited from the added time off between tee times regardless. And the weather forecast was well known before the tee times came out.

I get not giving preferential treatment but half the field gets early Thurs/late Friday tee times. Getting arguably the greatest golfer of all time, who also is basically stitched together like Frankensten at this point, in that wave would have made sense. Weather or not.

Golfers actually prefer Thursday afternoon/Friday morning. I could make a case that Woods original tee times were very favorable. The weather delay is what changed that.

Most "golfers" don't require multiple hours of rehab after their round and then several hours the next morning to get their body ready to swing a club. Tiger does. The quick turnaround is much harder on him than everyone else.

I get not wanting to give Tiger any perceived preferential treatment, but let's not act like we don't even know what he goes through to play.

Ok. But giving him a Thursday afternoon tee time WAS what was best for him and his injuries, as far as him getting off to a good start to the week.

Woods got a bad break with the weather. But 25+ other players did as well. And how much time he needs to warm up shouldn't be an issue in determining tee times.

I don't understand your point. So you think the ANGC doesn't want to give Woods a chance to compete better? I guarantee you the ANGC and TV do. So they're not going to deliberately do things to hurt his chances.

Again, it's my opinion that his tee times were good. The weather delay is what made them worse.

His tee times were good for a normal golfer. Ending late and starting early is awful for tiger and his back/leg. Having a morning and then afternoon tee time would seem to be much better for him specifically (not for other golfers). I don't see how this is really debatable. Look at him this morning and the other majors where he's finished late and then teed off early.

Hopefully he can start feeling better and turn it around but it doesn't look like his body will hold up.
Orome
8:58a, 4/12/24
In reply to 98Ag99Grad
"It's a speed thing… when I miss hit on the toe or the heel it seems to fly a lot straighter for me and that's what has allowed me to be more comfortable over the ball."

This sort of seems like cheating for a pro if they actually do reduce the effect of his mi****s/bad swings.
98Ag99Grad
8:59a, 4/12/24
https://mygolfspy.com/news-opinion/the-bryson-experience-is-just-what-the-doctor-ordered-for-the-masters/

Here's an article about it. Pretty interesting.
98Ag99Grad
9:01a, 4/12/24
In reply to Orome
I agree it takes the skill out of ball striking but it's allowed. Maybe instead of focusing on the ball the usga should take a look at equipment and club size.
AustinCountyAg
9:02a, 4/12/24
In reply to Orome
Orome said:

"It's a speed thing… when I miss hit on the toe or the heel it seems to fly a lot straighter for me and that's what has allowed me to be more comfortable over the ball."

This sort of seems like cheating for a pro if they actually do reduce the effect of his mi****s/bad swings.
well considering the clubs are legal, it isn't cheating. If the irons really do make that much of a difference all the pros and manufactures will switch to them in due time. Bravo to Bryson for using his brain and pushing the limits on innovation.

If Tiger or Scottie would've came up with these irons and put them in play would it "sort of seem like cheating"? No.
Orome
9:08a, 4/12/24
In reply to AustinCountyAg
Yes it would. They only were approved this Monday. If they truly do help it definitely would seem like a competitive advantage that is not widely available.
TyHolden
9:08a, 4/12/24
In reply to 98Ag99Grad
98Ag99Grad said:

Dechambeau is playing with a set of 3D printed irons that were just approved by the USGA on Monday for play. Didn't know that.
wow

aginlakeway
9:09a, 4/12/24
In reply to mavsfan4ever
mavsfan4ever said:

aginlakeway said:

JCA1 said:

aginlakeway said:

JCA1 said:

aginlakeway said:

JCA1 said:

I still can't believe AN didn't put him in the Thurs morning/fri afternoon wave.

Having to play until sundown and then having to come out at sunrise is probably going to be his undoing. Consecutive cut streak looks like it may be in jeopardy now.

There was nothing wrong with his original tee time. Not even ANGC can control the weather and subsequent 2+ hour delay in Thursday tee times.

25+ players have the same issue.

He could have benefited from the added time off between tee times regardless. And the weather forecast was well known before the tee times came out.

I get not giving preferential treatment but half the field gets early Thurs/late Friday tee times. Getting arguably the greatest golfer of all time, who also is basically stitched together like Frankensten at this point, in that wave would have made sense. Weather or not.

Golfers actually prefer Thursday afternoon/Friday morning. I could make a case that Woods original tee times were very favorable. The weather delay is what changed that.

Most "golfers" don't require multiple hours of rehab after their round and then several hours the next morning to get their body ready to swing a club. Tiger does. The quick turnaround is much harder on him than everyone else.

I get not wanting to give Tiger any perceived preferential treatment, but let's not act like we don't even know what he goes through to play.

Ok. But giving him a Thursday afternoon tee time WAS what was best for him and his injuries, as far as him getting off to a good start to the week.

Woods got a bad break with the weather. But 25+ other players did as well. And how much time he needs to warm up shouldn't be an issue in determining tee times.

I don't understand your point. So you think the ANGC doesn't want to give Woods a chance to compete better? I guarantee you the ANGC and TV do. So they're not going to deliberately do things to hurt his chances.

Again, it's my opinion that his tee times were good. The weather delay is what made them worse.

His tee times were good for a normal golfer. Ending late and starting early is awful for tiger and his back/leg. Having a morning and then afternoon tee time would seem to be much better for him specifically (not for other golfers). I don't see how this is really debatable. Look at him this morning and the other majors where he's finished late and then teed off early.

Hopefully he can start feeling better and turn it around but it doesn't look like his body will hold up.

I am certain the ANGC and TV want Woods to do well. Are you suggesting they set this up to hurt him? That's makes no sense from a tournament interest standpoint.
Unemployed
9:10a, 4/12/24
AustinCountyAg said:

Orome said:

well considering the clubs are legal, it isn't cheating. If the irons really do make that much of a difference all the pros and manufactures will switch to them in due time. Bravo to Bryson for using his brain and pushing the limits on innovation.

If Tiger or Scottie would've came up with these irons and put them in play would it "sort of seem like cheating"? No.
Yes.
aggiebonzo
9:11a, 4/12/24
AustinCountyAg said:

Orome said:

Scottie doesn't seem to have a problem of finding the middle of the face
AgLA06
9:12a, 4/12/24
In reply to Unemployed
Unemployed said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Orome said:

Yes.
You guys are delusional.

We'd still be using persimmon if that was the case. It's literally the reason each manufacturer comes out with multiple new sets each year. They all "add a little distance" or "hit a little straighter".

O'l Tom should be stripped from the record books for playing the improved ball back in the day.

The hypocrisy knows no bounds.
98Ag99Grad
9:20a, 4/12/24
Tiger back on in feature group. And Day apparently threw that horrible sweater in the trash can for this round. Best decision of the week so far.
AgLA06
9:22a, 4/12/24
In reply to 98Ag99Grad
98Ag99Grad said:

Tiger back on in feature group. And Day apparently threw that horrible sweater in the trash can for this round. Best decision of the week so far.
Playing the last couple holes of round one this morning gave him the out of saying he wore the hideous thing while getting to claim it was too warm for it for the entirety of the second round.
suburban cowboy
9:24a, 4/12/24
only way to watch coverage is on ESPN+?
TXAGGIES
9:25a, 4/12/24
In reply to suburban cowboy
suburban cowboy said:

The Masters app for the win

Stream/Cast to your TV
98Ag99Grad
9:25a, 4/12/24
Or the masters app
MW03
9:31a, 4/12/24
suburban cowboy said:

I think it's on Paramount+ as well if you have that.
AgBQ-00
9:31a, 4/12/24
Without the sweater Jason Day's clothing today is much better
TXAGGIES
9:39a, 4/12/24
In reply to AgBQ-00
AgBQ-00 said:

Without the sweater Jason Day's clothing today is much better
Is it really?
BayAg_14
9:40a, 4/12/24
They should of pivoted from this second featured group.
JCA1
9:47a, 4/12/24
In reply to 98Ag99Grad
98Ag99Grad said:

When is the last time that an apparel company paid a bunch of money just to be made fun of this much? Only thing that comes to mind is Lucas Glover's swamp ass in those Linksoul tan pants last year.
AgLA06
9:56a, 4/12/24
In reply to JCA1
JCA1 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

When is the last time that an apparel company paid a bunch of money just to be made fun of this much? Only thing that comes to mind is Lucas Glover's swamp ass in those Linksoul tan pants last year.
They don't care. They aren't trying to sell clothes to the people *****ing. Just like Puma or Adidas didn't. People said the same about NIke at one point.

And I have no doubt this will greatly help their sales.
TyHolden
9:57a, 4/12/24
Tiger looks like he took Romeo's advice last night…a finely tuned athlete.
Shelton98
9:59a, 4/12/24
In reply to JCA1
JCA1 said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Hovland has some pretty hideous looking getups.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 8 of 27
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings