*****2024 Masters*****
46,597 Views | 920 Replies
lazuras_dc
7:55a, 4/11/24
In reply to East Dallas Ag
East Dallas Ag said:

Thanks to Tony Finau for my very, VERY small slice of Masters immortality...

On National TV picking your nose?! nice!
Quinn
8:00a, 4/11/24
Who do yall think is going to win?

Who is a big name that will miss the cut?
AgBQ-00
8:01a, 4/11/24
In reply to Quinn
we still consider Tiger a big name?
Quinn
8:18a, 4/11/24
In reply to AgBQ-00
AgBQ-00 said:

we still consider Tiger a big name?

Yes. I think he'll make the cut, though.
JCA1
8:21a, 4/11/24
The delay is doing Tiger no favors. He won't finish today and will then have to come out early tomorrow, finish his first round, then probably have a short delay and play his second. Probably screws up his prep considerably in addition to walking 24 or so holes in one day.

Really surprised AN didn't do him a solid and give him early Thurs/late Friday tee times.
Bunk Moreland
8:22a, 4/11/24
Best part about Masters coverage is if Tiger turns into a limping wince fest at any point yet the main broadcast continues to show every time he picks his nose, you can easily hop over to featured groups of the feeds of various holes to avoid it.
AustinCountyAg
8:51a, 4/11/24
In reply to JCA1
JCA1 said:

The delay is doing Tiger no favors. He won't finish today and will then have to come out early tomorrow, finish his first round, then probably have a short delay and play his second. Probably screws up his prep considerably in addition to walking 24 or so holes in one day.

Really surprised AN didn't do him a solid and give him early Thurs/late Friday tee times.
one could argue If today would've been completely rained out and they started on friday, the playing early morning and waiting around and then playing late friday could even be worse for his health? Just a guess from me. At least now if they dont finish today, tomm will be him starting early and starting his second round quickly which I'd think would be ideal for him?
East Dallas Ag
9:00a, 4/11/24
In reply to lazuras_dc
honestly it looks like I'm doing something more vulgar.
AgBQ-00
9:08a, 4/11/24
Honorary opening shots happening now
Quinn
9:09a, 4/11/24
I'll go with Scottie wins and Justin Thomas misses the cut.
Tom Kazansky 2012
9:12a, 4/11/24
In reply to Milwaukees Best Light
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Scotties wife is due with their first kid any day now. I didn't pick him. He said he is withdrawing if she goes into labor.
For a sip, Scottie is a great dude.
TyHolden
9:16a, 4/11/24
Hideki Matsuyama gonna win it. I heard this on the radio the other day so I'm going with it.
TXAGGIES
9:40a, 4/11/24
Bryson and Homa both top 10.
BayAg_14
9:41a, 4/11/24
She isn't due till the end of the month. I think Scottie wins by 4+ shots.
Bunk Moreland
9:43a, 4/11/24
the tracking of the shots by each guy on the masters site is just awesome.
AgLA06
9:44a, 4/11/24
I'm calling 2 LIV players in the top 15 and they still continue the "we just don't know the quality of their game" narrative regardless of reality.
aggiebonzo
9:50a, 4/11/24
In reply to AgLA06
AgLA06 said:

I'm calling 2 LIV players in the top 15 and they still continue the "we just don't know the quality of their game" narrative regardless of reality.
Really sticking your neck out here with a small field and realistically only half the field has a chance of winning. LIV will easily have two in the top 15 especially with Rahm playing on the tour now.
aginlakeway
9:50a, 4/11/24
In reply to Bunk Moreland
Bunk Moreland said:

the tracking of the shots by each guy on the masters site is just awesome.

Yep. Best covered golf event ever. But there will still be complaints ...
jja79
9:53a, 4/11/24
In reply to aggiebonzo
When you scroll through the field it really is underwhelming. There are some good players on LIV but the depth isn't there. Are they wearing their jerseys?
AustinCountyAg
10:04a, 4/11/24
In reply to jja79
jja79 said:

When you scroll through the field it really is underwhelming. There are some good players on LIV but the depth isn't there. Are they wearing their jerseys?

I disagree. There are plenty of LIV guys who should be in the Masters over some of the PGAT guys if we're basing it on talent alone. They just didn't get in because of OWGR points and the "free invitation" for winning a tournament.
Tom Kazansky 2012
10:12a, 4/11/24
For the LIV of players that will be in contention I think Niemann will be in the hunt Sunday.
Bunk Moreland
10:14a, 4/11/24
4, 5, & 6 is live.
Orome
10:19a, 4/11/24
Has anyone seen a clip of the Gary Player interview from this morning? Can't seem to find it on the internet
AgLA06
10:20a, 4/11/24
In reply to aggiebonzo
aggiebonzo said:

AgLA06 said:

Really sticking your neck out here with a small field and realistically only half the field has a chance of winning. LIV will easily have two in the top 15 especially with Rahm playing on the tour now.
It's not sticking my neck out at all since LIV finished 2nd, 2nd, 4th, and 16th last year not counting Rahm who won it in 2023.

Yet the talking points on all the golf channel and ESPN coverage so far is bashing their talent and "we just don't know how good they are or the quality of their game". The entire point of my post is the talking points don't match reality. And you just reinforced that. It's supposedly the 89 most talented players in the game. Because it's The Masters. If the field could be stronger it's because they purposely kept them out and didn't invite them.
aginlakeway
10:28a, 4/11/24
Fun fact unrelated to this year's event:

As everyone knows, Woods set all sorts of records in 1997. In 1998, Woods finished T8, two shots behind 58-year old Nicklaus.

Just goes to show how successful some golfers can be at the Masters, even at age 58.
Bunk Moreland
10:44a, 4/11/24
In reply to Orome
Orome said:

Has anyone seen a clip of the Gary Player interview from this morning? Can't seem to find it on the internet

Ag_in_Moscow
11:15a, 4/11/24
I'm pissed. They've geoblocked me this year on the app!!!
AgLA06
11:16a, 4/11/24
In reply to Ag_in_Moscow
Ag_in_Moscow said:

What do you mean?
aginlakeway
11:18a, 4/11/24
Wow. 3 straight birdies for Dechambeau.
khaos288
11:19a, 4/11/24
In reply to aginlakeway
aginlakeway said:

Wow. 3 straight birdies for Dechambeau.
He was my pick to win, so it won't last long
Ag_in_Moscow
11:22a, 4/11/24
In reply to AgLA06
AgLA06 said:

Ag_in_Moscow said:

What do you mean?

It means the app is telling me that I can't access the tracking or video features from my region (I'm literally in Moscow).
Hubert J. Farnsworth
11:32a, 4/11/24
After that debacle of a Ryder Cup with the boys club stuff and dumb pairings, every time I see Zach Johnson on TV now, I can't help but think "I hope he shanks it into the woods".
JCA1
11:37a, 4/11/24
Sergio looks like a walking Sesame Street sign. Just awful.
hurleyag
11:43a, 4/11/24
Who is Full Swing following this year? That's my pick for missing the cut.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
11:45a, 4/11/24
In reply to JCA1
JCA1 said:

Sergio looks like a walking Sesame Street sign. Just awful.

Yellow pants are something no man should ever wear.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 3 of 27
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings