*****2024 Masters*****
46,606 Views | 920 Replies
MAROON
2:46p, 4/10/24
Just saw Brooks hitting with his baby on the tee box ad his wife in the caddy uniform. I didn't recognize her - never seen her with that much clothing on before.
Bunk Moreland
2:49p, 4/10/24
Lot of smokes out today, per usual. Grayson Murray sure found himself a looker. And a pretty good golfer it appeared too.
Yesterday
2:49p, 4/10/24
In reply to 98Ag99Grad
98Ag99Grad said:

I'd like to see Scheffler win because I think he has a legit shot to win the grand slam with the way he's hitting the ball. If he can putt halfway decent he should roll.

He's about to pop out baby #1. I don't think he's winning the grand slam this year. In fact he may not finish the Masters. But he is very likable and easy to root for.
Tailgate88
2:52p, 4/10/24
In reply to Yesterday
Scottie is definitely a guy who seems like he'd be cool to have a beer with. I'm a fan.
bowhuntr
3:13p, 4/10/24
In reply to Quinn
Quinn said:

I'm rooting for Rory. I would love to see him win, but I don't think it will ever happen for him. Too much scar tissue.

I'm rooting against Scottie. I find him boring and I hate that there's a big chance that he runs away with it and makes it a boring weekend.

Rare combination of Scotty hater, Rory fan…
Quinn
3:18p, 4/10/24
In reply to bowhuntr
bowhuntr said:

Quinn said:

I'm rooting for Rory. I would love to see him win, but I don't think it will ever happen for him. Too much scar tissue.

I'm rooting against Scottie. I find him boring and I hate that there's a big chance that he runs away with it and makes it a boring weekend.

Rare combination of Scotty hater, Rory fan…
I wouldn't necessarily say I'm a Scotty(ie?) hater, but he doesn't cause any excitement/passion in me for whatever reason. Seems like he's a great guy, but watching him run away with a tournament is not exciting to me.
HTownAg98
3:19p, 4/10/24
East Dallas Ag
3:21p, 4/10/24
Thanks to Tony Finau for my very, VERY small slice of Masters immortality...
Lt. Joe Bookman
3:22p, 4/10/24
For: Scottie, Bhatia, ludvig, Willy Z, Cam Young, Tiger, Rory, Rahmbo, Morikawa, Hovland

Against: I just don't like Xander. Not sure why
cr06gis
3:34p, 4/10/24
For whatever upsets the NLU/golf twitter gatekeepers the most.

So...Reed naturally
Hubert J. Farnsworth
3:40p, 4/10/24
Rooting for Koepka, Hovland, Harman and Aberg.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
4:06p, 4/10/24
In reply to Yesterday
Yesterday said:

98Ag99Grad said:

I'd like to see Scheffler win because I think he has a legit shot to win the grand slam with the way he's hitting the ball. If he can putt halfway decent he should roll.

He's about to pop out baby #1. I don't think he's winning the grand slam this year. In fact he may not finish the Masters. But he is very likable and easy to root for.
wouldn't hurt my calcutta purchases at all if he bails
Marauder Blue 6
4:38p, 4/10/24
In reply to Lt. Joe Bookman
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

For: Scottie, Bhatia, ludvig, Willy Z, Cam Young, Tiger, Rory, Rahmbo, Morikawa, Hovland

Against: I just don't like Xander. Not sure why
I'm not a fan b/c he has no personality. He was the only player I saw playing his practice round alone on Monday. At the range after, he was hitting by himself and wasn't really engaging with anyone other than his caddie.
Thisguy1
4:54p, 4/10/24
Do they not show the par 3 contest anywhere anymore?

Edit: finally found it on the espn app.
Tailgate88
4:57p, 4/10/24
In reply to Thisguy1
Also streamed on Masters.com and last two hours were on ESPN.
DargelSkout
4:57p, 4/10/24
In reply to Thisguy1
Thisguy1 said:

Do they not show the par 3 contest anywhere anymore?

Edit: finally found it on the espn app.

If you don't have the Masters app, I highly suggest getting it.
aggiedadofpanda
4:58p, 4/10/24
In reply to AustinCountyAg
AustinCountyAg said:

JCA1 said:

I would also like to see Rory win but I mostly want an exciting Sunday back 9. I'm mainly hoping for multiple lead changes, water balls on 12, eagles on 13 and 15, roars and ughs echoing through the pines, etc.
this I LOVE watching the masters, but I HATE watching on Sundays when it is effectively over before the round begins. I want a tight leaderboard. Would be perfect if there were a couple young bucks, and a couple old champs all in contention with the leader changing, not just chasing..... I loved watching Phil make a run and then also having P Reed in the hunt. I just wished Sam wouldn't have fallen apart.
I hope and think we're going to see a competitive tournament this year. I totally agree about the fact that it stinks when the final round is over before it even began, but I'll do you one better. I was at the 2016 Masters when Spieth cratered and Danny Willett won from the scorer's cabin. Just the worst way for a Masters to end...with a guy winning that finished 1.5 hours before the rest of the field.
Thisguy1
5:06p, 4/10/24
In reply to DargelSkout
It's an annual tradition downloading it.

But I couldn't find a replay of it anywhere on it.
Yesterday
5:13p, 4/10/24
Fowler wins the par 3. Guess we'll have to wait to see Paige's up tops.
aggiedadofpanda
5:18p, 4/10/24
I didn't get to watch, any hole-in-one's at the Par 3 today?
AustinCountyAg
5:30p, 4/10/24
In reply to cr06gis
cr06gis said:

For whatever upsets the NLU/golf twitter gatekeepers the most.

So...Reed naturally
would love for Reed to win again. I love watching all the haters cry. I was also lucky enough to be with him one day on the putting green at WCC and he couldn't have been more nice. It was the Saturday morning after missing the cut in Hawaii a handful of years back. I'm sure he was jet lagged and pissed be we shot the **** for prolly fifteen minutes. A good guy in my book.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
5:49p, 4/10/24
My somewhat sneaky(in that no one is really talking about his chances) pick to win the tournament is Hideki. He's been playing really well the last month.
CyclingAg82
6:59p, 4/10/24
In reply to Hubert J. Farnsworth
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

Rooting for Koepka, Hovland, Harman and Aberg.
Me too, and Scottie.
DargelSkout
6:59p, 4/10/24
In reply to aggiedadofpanda
aggiedadofpanda said:

I didn't get to watch, any hole-in-one's at the Par 3 today?

I think a total of 5 were hit.
aggiebonzo
7:49p, 4/10/24
Patrick Reed winning would be the worst
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
8:18p, 4/10/24
In reply to Hubert J. Farnsworth
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

My somewhat sneaky(in that no one is really talking about his chances) pick to win the tournament is Hideki. He's been playing really well the last month.
Same for me, seemed to handle a pretty difficult Oaks course this past weekend and he's got the hardware.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
8:23p, 4/10/24
Just saw the weather update, delay in the morning until noon? 90% chance of storms.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
TyHolden
8:46p, 4/10/24
In reply to Tony Franklins Other Shoe
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Just saw the weather update, delay in the morning until noon? 90% chance of storms.
yeah, curious about this as well. Friday-Sunday looks great though.
oragator
9:30p, 4/10/24
TyHolden
9:35p, 4/10/24
about to hit...

bagger05
11:16p, 4/10/24
In reply to oragator
That is amazing
jagged
6:11a, 4/11/24
Looks like storms should clear out about 10 central time. Going to be breezy but soft conditions today.

Happy Masters Week to all who celebrate.
Bunk Moreland
6:43a, 4/11/24
aginlakeway
7:32a, 4/11/24
910 CST for honorary starters.
Ag_in_Moscow
7:54a, 4/11/24
I have my list of those I root for, but it's not hard and fast. I enjoyed Reed winning a few years ago just because he gets so much bad press (perhaps deserved, but I don't actually know). I usually don't like it when a total nobody wins, but it's not at first. Everyone out there has worked their ass off to be able to tee it up today, so I can only be happy for anyone that breaks through.

All thy said, I'd like Spieth to get his top-level form back.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 2 of 27
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings