*****2024 Masters*****
46,616 Views | 920 Replies
aggietony2010
6:08p, 4/14/24
In reply to jonj101
jonj101 said:

"His stardom confirmed".........?

Pretty underwhelming.

Feels like he was hoping for "oh-berg? Oh yes!" or "Morikawa-bunga, he's done it!"

Just didn't work out for him.
Aggie Therapist
6:09p, 4/14/24
In reply to zgolfz85
I won't tell premium board if you low key root for him

I know I do.
Lt. Joe Bookman
6:10p, 4/14/24
Scottie is legit.

Dude is on another level.
Lt. Joe Bookman
6:16p, 4/14/24
Solo 2nd for Ludvig is also pretty damn nuts.

I'll say it again, I think that kid will have a pretty great career.
Danny Vermin
6:16p, 4/14/24
Aberg sounds like he's been in Texas longer than just a few years.
Rubble
6:17p, 4/14/24
Tailgate88
6:17p, 4/14/24
In reply to zgolfz85
zgolfz85 said:

Damn I wish this dude was an Ag

Doesn't he have a sister who is or am i imagining that? Either way he's a Texan and seems to be a really good dude so count me as a member of Team Scottie!
Yesterday
6:18p, 4/14/24
In reply to Rubble
Rubble said:

If you like golf, get over your hatred for orange. Scottie is on another planet and is actually a really good person. All you asshats that hate him because where he played college golf are dumb.

Who hates him?
DallasAggie89
6:19p, 4/14/24
One of the most boring Masters in history.
zgolfz85
6:20p, 4/14/24
In reply to Yesterday
Yesterday said:

Rubble said:

If you like golf, get over your hatred for orange. Scottie is on another planet and is actually a really good person. All you asshats that hate him because where he played college golf are dumb.

Who hates him?

Yeah, who hates him? Karen reaction of the month by that dude
Aggie Therapist
6:20p, 4/14/24
Vijay finished ahead of Tiger
Big Al 1992
6:24p, 4/14/24
That's how you win a Masters - 2nd lowest round of the day. Nails.
Unemployed
6:25p, 4/14/24
In reply to Aggie Therapist
Aggie Therapist said:

Vijay finished ahead of Tiger
Huge congrats to Vijay!!!
E
6:30p, 4/14/24
Don't know if anyone answered this but why was Verne sitting right behind that tree?
DannyDuberstein
6:32p, 4/14/24
In reply to Rubble
Rubble said:

Lol at this clown who has posted on the golf board a few times since last July lecturing the haters who don't exist.
DallasAggie89
In reply to E
E said:

Don't know if anyone answered this but why was Verne sitting right behind that tree?

He was sitting there prior to going on the air. His tower was close to where he was sitting.

Probably just taking it in one last time.

Tiger going up to him and talking to him was classy.
DannyDuberstein
In reply to E
E said:

Was taking a wizz
Rubble
6:44p, 4/14/24
In reply to DannyDuberstein
I gave up on this whole entire place a long time ago….not really sure why I logged in and commented. Bunch of keyboard warriors who think they're cool. Back to not looking at it again.
DannyDuberstein
6:51p, 4/14/24
In reply to Rubble
Rubble said:

I gave up on this whole entire place a long time ago….not really sure why I logged in and commented. Bunch of keyboard warriors who think they're cool. Back to not looking at it again.

If you can't handle the golf board of all places, it says more about you than anything. But in any case, bye.
Buck Compton
6:52p, 4/14/24
In reply to DallasAggie89
DallasAggie89 said:

One of the most boring Masters in history.
What?? Did you watch the round yesterday or the first 11-12 holes today?
Unemployed
6:58p, 4/14/24
In reply to Rubble
Rubble said:

You got called out for saying something that's not true and then cried about it.

You're soft.
Aggie Therapist
7:02p, 4/14/24
In reply to E
E said:

Rubble
7:04p, 4/14/24
In reply to DannyDuberstein
Not about handling it, it's about the idiots that post on this site, that's all.
Unemployed
7:09p, 4/14/24
In reply to Rubble
Rubble said:

Not about handling it, it's about the idiots that post on this site, that's all.
I know, right? Kinda like the guy who posted this:

Quote:

DannyDuberstein
7:11p, 4/14/24
In reply to Rubble
Rubble said:

Well, there's apparently one.
Bunk Moreland
9:08p, 4/14/24
In reply to DallasAggie89
DallasAggie89 said:

E said:

He was sitting there prior to going on the air. His tower was close to where he was sitting.

Probably just taking it in one last time.

Tiger going up to him and talking to him was classy.

He actually hasn't been up in the tower for 3 or 4 years now iirc. Physically unable, unless they've developed a way to move him up there without any effort on his part.

I have a connection to a friend of Verne so I've been lucky enough to meet and talk with him a handful of times, been to a couple events he's done for Texas Lutheran etc.

Really good guy. Amazing stories. Obviously enjoys when people circle up and ask him to discuss various memories.

He likes Nantz but he also makes fun of him just like we all do with some of his calls. Verne says he never worries about what he'll say in a moment and sometimes it's good, other times he misses the mark but it's in the moment. He joked a couple years ago about Nantz probably having 3 pages worth of calls ready depending on who the winner would be.

To make it Aggie related I was at an event where some people got to attend a cocktail hour thing that was a little more private and do q&a. Someone asked Verne his most memorable moments covering the SEC and the 2012 A&M Bama game was I think the third thing he mentioned. He said it was simply remarkable watching Manziel and A&M come into Bama and be able to make magic that night.

He also loves the 2nd generation of fans of his who only knew him from Happy Gilmore.

It's definitely time for him to call it a career at Augusta but I'll still miss hearing that voice. Iconic.
Pahdz
9:21p, 4/14/24
In reply to Bunk Moreland
Proud to have him as a fellow Texas Lutheran alum.
Aggie Therapist
9:24p, 4/14/24
Thanks for sharing that Bunk.

Bunk Moreland
9:35p, 4/14/24
In reply to Pahdz
Pahdz said:

Proud to have him as a fellow Texas Lutheran alum.

He donates a lot of money to TLU. He does an event every year where he brings a sports celebrity friend in to help raise money for TLU athletic funds. He had Terry Bradshaw there 2 or 3 years ago (and Terry became the first repeat guest of that again this past year maybe?) and wow was that a great time. The stories of their early NFL broadcasting years together were so damn funny. Began as the lowest broadcast team in the totem pole at CBS and after their first year together immediately began getting better games in year 2. They were both fairly convinced they got split up because their duo was threatening Madden/Summerall at the time and maybe CBS folks were pressured by one of those guys to split them up and remove the threat.

At that event they officially released news that a new athletic center would be named in his honor and he's pledged to put all of his sports memorabilia there when he dies.
Pahdz
9:43p, 4/14/24
Oh I know all about that event, just never been able to attend
Matsui
9:53p, 4/14/24
What's name of that event
class of 03
9:56p, 4/14/24
Glad we get a little reprieve from LIV talk after this. Good tournament with world's top players. Would be great to just stay in that space for a while. Unless of course, PIF buys Hovland to make some news splash to turn it upside down yet again.

Also, the LIV team shirts at Augusta, I just can't. Such dumbassery. At least Brooks knows it's nonsense.
Bunk Moreland
10:00p, 4/14/24
In reply to Matsui
TLU Front Row I believe.
Bunk Moreland
10:01p, 4/14/24
In reply to class of 03
class of 03 said:

Glad we get a little reprieve from LIV talk after this. Good tournament with world's top players. Would be great to just stay in that space for a while. Unless of course, PIF buys Hovland to make some news splash to turn it upside down yet again.

Also, the LIV team shirts at Augusta, I just can't. Such dumbassery. At least Brooks knows it's nonsense.

Phew. Good thing you brought it back up to talk about not bringing it up then also have an opinion about it anyway.
class of 03
10:16p, 4/14/24
Sorry for your loss
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 26 of 27
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >