Lajitas

2,159 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by 08N.Ftw.Ag
shakenbake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heading to Lajitas this weekend. Curious if anyone has been out there recently and what shape the course is in?
lazuras_dc
AG
Can someone from San Antonio drive out there real quick and report back?
Rush_4_Prez
AG
I played there in mid-December. It was perfect. The paspalum grass provides a perfect lie tee to green. Enjoy!
country
AG
I have rarely played Lajitas when it wasn't pristine. Haven't been there this year but the odds are good of it being in tip top shape.
olduffer
AG
We were out there about a year and a half ago. Loved the course and the condo that we stayed in, however some friends were just there and they said the green fees were up drastically.
jja79
AG
Can you name anything that isn't up signicantly the last year and a half?
08N.Ftw.Ag
AG
Just got back. Course was in great shape. They're starting to double up charters so made for a busy day on the course on Friday (Dallas charter was Day3 shotgun start, Dallas and Houston charter were Day1), Day2-3 were the usual "course to yourself" feel even though they had 2 charters out there. 40mph wind gusts made for some interesting holes. Such a great experience and value (especially if in Austin/Houston/FWD) and can jump on the charters.
olduffer
AG
jja79 said:

Can you name anything that isn't up significantly the last year and a half?
No, you are right, everything is up, but some things like food and gasoline, I have to pay the higher prices, but golf? I can choose not to pay those prices.
AG
olduffer said:

We were out there about a year and a half ago. Loved the course and the condo that we stayed in, however some friends were just there and they said the green fees were up drastically.
We're playing it next weekend for the first time. I'm excited, but Its going to be really hard to justify the $295+ tax.
ilikeit
My wife and I were there yesterday. Didn't play golf but man that place is beautiful. Talked to a couple of guys that took a charter in from Dallas. They were getting ready to tee off for their second 18.
jja79
AG
What's the cost to travel and stay there assuming you aren't doing a day trip. I'm assuming the course and conditions are similar to Arizona. Ask someone that's made that trip recently how that green fee compares. I think it's very similar.
08N.Ftw.Ag
AG
$2k plus tax and food/drinkā€¦for 3 days golf, 2 night stay, and charter.
Pretty reasonable for the experience
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.