Golf Cart Question

1,263 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by EliteElectric
Orome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hello all,

Family and I moved to a Houston suburb that is golf cart friendly. I'm curious if folks have some wisdom on what to look for on pre-owned carts (brand, gas vs electric, etc.). It will hopefully be used out on the local course as well as a neighborhood street cruiser. Any opinions would be welcome! Thanks all.
Texmid
AG
In my opinion gas is the best option. I've had one for about 5 years now and love it. We cruise around town on the weekends and a tank will last about a month.

I know with batteries they will have to be replaced at some point and that is quite expensive.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Many courses will not let you use your own cart if you have knobby offroad tires on it.
Mr.Bond
AG
We have a lifted Icon with street tires (course friendly) and love it. I personally don't care for the noise or maintenance on a gas cart. But to each his own
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

TecRecAg
AG
It will all depend on what the course allows. I would ask them their parameters for on-course use and shape your search around that.
Orome
AG
Thanks everybody!
bowhuntr
TecRecAg said:

It will all depend on what the course allows. I would ask them their parameters for on-course use and shape your search around that.

This, and if you play a lot of golf, I would not recommend lifted.
jja79
AG
I bought a 2024 Icon today. Nice upgrades to the seats, dash and screen in the new ones. Also not a fan of gas.
Mr.Bond
AG
jja79 said:

I bought a 2024 Icon today. Nice upgrades to the seats, dash and screen in the new ones. Also not a fan of gas.

Had mine 3 years and zero issues. So happy with it. Its damn good looking and Absolutely hauls ass too.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

boy09
AG
Texmid said:

In my opinion gas is the best option. I've had one for about 5 years now and love it. We cruise around town on the weekends and a tank will last about a month.

I know with batteries they will have to be replaced at some point and that is quite expensive.
Gas for me too. I've had a Yamaha Drive2 PTV Quietech EFI for about 3 years and i love it. It's so much quieter than any other brand of gas cart that i've seen. I barely notice the noise.
EliteElectric
for those of you running gas is it pretty much maint. free or is there regular tune ups and what not?
AggieDruggist89
AG
I'd go gas all the way.

Pissing off the libtards is so fun.

And I really want warmer earth.
Texmid
AG
EliteElectric said:

for those of you running gas is it pretty much maint. free or is there regular tune ups and what not?
I've had mine for close to 5 years. Change the oil and filters once a year is about it. I keep mine in the garage plugged in to a battery tender to preserve battery life. That is about it. Mine is a 2015 Yamaha Drive.

EliteElectric
Texmid said:

EliteElectric said:

I've had mine for close to 5 years. Change the oil and filters once a year is about it. I keep mine in the garage plugged in to a battery tender to preserve battery life. That is about it. Mine is a 2015 Yamaha Drive.

Beautiful!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.