Gaza

1,598 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by 74OA
Tanker123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Israel said it was going to make strategic changes to Gaza. What will that look like? I think its objectives are:

- Punish the population in Gaza.
- Showing the world it's military power and retribution.
- Improve security for Israel and Israelis.
- Kill Hamas.
- I think they will go after entities that supported the Hamas attack on Gaza.
- I don't know what its imperial designs are for Gaza.
74OA
AG
Other than the destruction of Hamas, I've seen nothing that would indicate Bibi has a plan for Gaza that makes Israel more secure over the long-term.

Hamas civil administration already returning. GAZA
Tanker123
74OA said:

Other than the destruction of Hamas, I've seen nothing that would indicate Bibi has a plan for Gaza that makes Israel more secure over the long-term.

GAZA

I have difficulty thinking Israel will not pursue the strategic objective of security for Israel to include actions in Gaza.

If a strategy does not exist, then make one. If I was the Israeli president or SECDEF, then I would mandate one of the primary strategic goals is security for Israel and its people. What can we do in Gaza besides blowing it up to improve security.
74OA
AG
Tanker123 said:

74OA said:

GAZA

I have difficulty thinking Israel will not pursue the strategic objective of security for Israel to include actions in Gaza.
It's hard to pursue a strategy that doesn't exist. That's the point of the article.

I wish Israel the best, but if you don't know where you want to go any road will take you there.
Trinity Ag
S
74OA said:

GAZA
This is a pretty significant thing in and of itself.

Particularly when you consider the elimination of the tunnel network that Hamas spent billions of dollars of foreign aid and 20+ years to build.

It is hard to see Gaza returning to status quo antebellum.

I suspect Israel would like to see the Palestinians be absorbed by the neighboring Arab states that long enabled and promoted their permanent "refugee" status.

But you can see how little interest Egypt has in that.
CT'97
AG
Considering the last time Lebanon tried that the Palestinians started a civil war and tried to take over half the country, I can understand why.
ABATTBQ11
AG
CT'97 said:

Considering the last time Lebanon tried that the Palestinians started a civil war and tried to take over half the country, I can understand why.

Don't forget Jordan

And how they supported Saddam in Kuwait

No one wants them because they cause trouble everywhere they go, but the arabs hate the Jews more than their grifting, ***hole cousins and will always side against the Israelis.

IMO, Israel will occupy gaza and takeover a lot of its administration. If they thought what they had before was an open air prison, they're going to soon find out what the difference between house arrest and FPMITAP looks like.
CT'97
AG
Jordan is actually what I was thinking of, although they did the same is Lebanon.
So yeah, nobody wants the Palestinians they just want to use them to make money off the "relief" effort.
bigtruckguy3500
Tanker123
bigtruckguy3500 said:

I had alluded to the want for security by Israel. To control or perhaps trying to control land is to have boots on the ground. I had tinkered with the idea of a change in civil authorities. No amount of persuasion will change the ideology that many Arabs have about Israel. Ideology is generational. Look at our Civil War and how long it took for blacks to gain equality in the country.
LMCane
Tanker123 said:

74OA said:

GAZA

If a strategy does not exist, then make one. If I was the Israeli president or SECDEF, then I would mandate one of the primary strategic goals is security for Israel and its people. What can we do in Gaza besides blowing it up to improve security.

In Israel the President is ceremonial position, it is the Prime Minister in control of the government.

they have a parliamentary system so it's not a Secretary of Defense, but the Minister of Defense Gallant.

they do have a strategy: free the hostages, destroy Hamas, ensure Gaza poses no future threat to Israel.
74OA
AG
LMCane said:

Tanker123 said:

74OA said:

GAZA

In Israel the President is ceremonial position, it is the Prime Minister in control of the government.

they have a parliamentary system so it's not a Secretary of Defense, but the Minister of Defense Gallant.

they do have a strategy: free the hostages, destroy Hamas, ensure Gaza poses no future threat to Israel.
That's not a strategy, it's a list of objectives. An executable strategy also specifies the ways and means necessary to achieve its objectives. Meanwhile, Bibi is just winging it--particularly when it comes to ensuring Gaza poses no future threat.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.