Job Hunt after Deployment

966 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by G.W_Busch
G.W_Busch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags,

I'm a reservist and recently came back from my deployment and currently back at my old job. I'm doing outside sales at a Tech company but am wanting to make a change. Any advice on how you navigated finding a new job following deployment and the general dissatisfaction of dealing with an old job you don't enjoy? Thanks!
USAFAg
AG
https://www.usajobs.gov/

Could start by looking here.

12thFan/Websider Since 2003
Aggie Therapist
AG
Well,

What are you interested in? What field?

What type of work makes you happy?
G.W_Busch
AG
My military job is logistics, so I think that'd be a better change of pace than cold-calling all day. I don't know if I have any specific industries, but I'd love my work to have a deeper purpose beyond just a job. I worked as as summer camp counselor during college, and really enjoyed that, but I know that's not really an option. I've had an internship in commercial real estate, and could see myself doing that or something in the political realm, as I've always had a passion for politics. I'm a little all over unfortunately, and need to narrow it down.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Hmmmmm. I may have a contact for you.

My buddy is a Marine Corps Reserve Officer. Either Major or LTC, S1 type I believe. However, his civilian gig is working in Chancellor Sharp's Office staff and being a liaison between Texas A&M and the state of Texas and legislature. I think it's a pretty cool gig!

I just pinned Major in the Army Reserve. Career Infantry Officer and trying to switch my MOS to social worker. I'm onboarding with the VA right now to work with recently housed homeless Veterans and trying to get them on a better path in life. BUT because of a hiring freeze, I'm currently an inpatient therapist at a mental health hospital.

My undergrad was Supply Chain Management, I love logistics and operations but I just felt a different calling later on in life. Sounds like you are searching for something similar.

I'm happy to talk further.
G.W_Busch
AG
Would love to connect and learn more. What's the best way to contact?
Aggie Therapist
AG
bourbonag89@gmail.com

Feel free to reach out anytime

I am in Round Rock/Georgetown area
G.W_Busch
AG
Sent you a message!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.