Any War College grads?

849 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by ToddyHill
The Last Cobra Commander
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm starting this summer, DL. Heading to Carlisle in a couple of weeks for the 2 day orientation. I'll also be heading to the border shortly to serve the state for a year, then after a short break, deploying for another year to parts unknown. So at some point in late '26/early '27 I'll be looking for a new gig. Thoughts on career options at that point???
"The leftist is driven by something other than facts and can't be cured."
Aggie Therapist
AG
I just became a major in the Reserve. Did 10 years active duty as an infantry officer prior.

So you are a little ahead of me. Sounds like you will be financially sound. I got out to become a social worker and advocate for veterans mental health, and lord knows we need moreā€¦..so I recommend that career if you want to help out our community.
Fly Army 97
That question depends on your interests post-SSC. I do recommend considering an ASCC (ARSOUTH, ARNORTH, USAREUR-AF, etc) There are often ADOS billets available, and in several locations, our ADOS Officers are doing pretty cool work at an operational level.

CAVGrunt97
AG
Doing books for two years is MUCH harder than it sounds. You have to balance your day job with school. Hang in there!

Figure out where you'd like to go and start networking now. Like Fly said, ASCCs are a good place to land. Lots of blended staffs.

I had an AGR Reserve LTC as my deputy when I was a FEMA DCO. Both officers I had were tremendous. The second deputy had just finished her 2nd year of the AWC before she joined us.

There are also a number of AGR ROTC PMS positions as well as all kinds of opportunities in the Beltway.
ToddyHill
AG
My son in law completed War College at Quantico about a year ago. We're in Columbus, Georgia this weekend as he's participating in the Best Ranger Competition.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.