Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,701,171 Views | 62691 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by swampstander
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How was the Hell's Cellar?
Objective Aggie
AG
Couple of beers in Buenos Aires. I'll just say the wine was better than the beer.

La Fours
AG
I think this is my first 903 beer. Pretty good beer. Excellent can art.

swampstander
AG
La Fours said:

How was the Hell's Cellar?
It was pretty good, a little more sour than I prefer but not too acetic. Body was very thin which happens with aged beers with multiple bugs. It was totally flat which was a bummer. I was glad I got it but wouldn't buy another.
swampstander
AG
La Fours said:

I think this is my first 903 beer. Pretty good beer. Excellent can art.

I tried some 903 beers several years back. I did not like any of them at all. I talked to the rep from Green Light a couple month sago and she said they have recently hired a new head brewer and the beers were good. I will give them another try.
La Fours
AG
Iirc, the carb on that beer was bad when it was released.
swampstander
AG
La Fours said:

Iirc, the carb on that beer was bad when it was released.
I was kind of worried about it because the cap was set with too much pressure. You can tell because it was dented in the middle. This (imho) causes it to spring back and let gas escape. I have had the same problem with my home brews in the past. You could tell that there was plenty of fermentation to bottle condition. The underside of the cap as well as the neck of the bottle had kreuzen residue. The cap just let the CO2 escape.
First Page Refresh
Page 1792 of 1792

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.