That's either dedication or obsession.

4,585 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by bdp514am
bdp514am
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Long story (and day) short. I look after my 90 year old mom who loves all things A&M. She is absolutely giddy over this baseball team. Today shortly before first pitch I had to call the EMTs and have her transported to the local ER. She was in obvious distress and a lot of pain with what seemed to be something cardiac related. By the time they let me into the ER to see her the game was underway. Almost immediately, despite her discomfort, she wanted to know "How the Aggies were doing". I reluctantly had to tell her they were down 4-2. A quick decision was made to care flight her to Ft. Worth. But before they loaded her up I got to pass along the news that the Aggies had stormed back and were now ahead. I went back by the house to grab a few things she might need and then drove up to Ft. Worth to stay with her. She was still in a trauma room when I arrived but the very first thing she said to me was "How'd the boys do". She is resting tonight. They are monitoring her and trying to drop her cardiac enzymes. I don't know how this will play out. Tomorrow morning her cardiologist will be there and hopefully we'll get some more definitive answers. But I know one thing, if he tries to schedule a procedure that interferes with an Aggie baseball game, she is going to put up one helluva fight.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Sending prayers your way.
WallyWonka
AG
God Bless your Mom.

Heavenly Father, hold and embrace this Mom in your loving, forgiving and healing arms. Give wisdom, knowledge and logical guidance to her caregivers and doctors so they make the most prudent decisions while trying to heal her. Give patience and acceptance to her family, so they keep their faith in you regardless of outcome. In your name we pray.
Dice
AG
God our Father, your Son accepted our sufferings to teach us the virtue of patience in human illness. Hear the prayers we offer for our sick sister. Amen
Mark Fairchild
AG
Praying for you both, God Bless and Keep You!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
AggieDave92
AG
Prayers for your mom!
sleepybeagle
AG
Prayers
sleepybeagle
Lance Uppercut
AG
God bless her, and you for taking care of her.

Let her know we're rooting for her.
Highway6
AG
God bless her and please keep us updated.
DatTallArchitect
AG
Praying for your family and the medical staff.
thumbsup73
AG
God Bless your Aggie Mom & you!!
Prayers sent!!
trouble
AG
That's my kinda momma!!!!!

Hope she's feeling better today
BiochemAg97
AG
Prayers
dermdoc
AG
Prayers lifted. She sounds like a tough cookie.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TexasAGGIEinAR
Prayers to you and your family!
tu ag
AG
Said a prayer for her...how is she doing?
cj774
AG
Praying for healing and that you can enjoy the rest of this season (and many more to come) with your Mom!
W
AG
one of the great things about sports...

it gives everyone...young or old...something new / different to follow each year
aggiese72
AG
Prayers and positive thoughts for you, your mom and the entire family. Bless you!
StinkyPinky
AG
Let's win a natty for mom, and be able to celebrate it with her! You clearly have good genes. God bless!
jcobb40
AG
Not to highjack your thread, but when my Dad (who was class of '56) was recovering in an outpatient facility from surgery, he apparently had asked random strangers to come to his room and watch Johnny Football's CFL debut with him.

As we all know it wasn't exactly a memorable one, but it was for us. We all surprised him and had a pizza party in his room for the game. He's no longer with us, but man that was fantastic time.

I'll be praying for your Mom and I hope the team will continue to put on a show for her!
bdp514am
Thank you all for your thoughts and kind words. Today was a better day. Cardiologist confirmed that she likely experienced two heart attacks, one saturday night and one sunday just before our game. Termed them mild, though sunday didn't seem that way. There is some blockage but given her age and other conditions he'd prefer to treat it with medication rather than invasively. Might also have a clot in one of her lungs. Won't know for sure until tomorrow. But she is feeling much much better and was up and about some today. I'll have to take an extra screen up there tomorrow so I can stream the game for her.
aggiewilliford
You are in my prayers
Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
Cool_Hand
AG
Thoughts and prayers, God Bless.
AggieDO97
AG
Lifted her and her family and her medical team up in prayer.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Charlie 31
AG
Still praying for your Mom, you, and your family!

God Bless, Godspeed, and Gig 'em!
mode67ag
AG
Prayers for your Mom and her entire family.
APHIS AG
A strong lady and I hope she recovers to see our Aggies win their first CWS!!!!!!!!
missinAggieland
AG
Prayers for your mom! Keep us updated!
mjschiller
AG
Prayer for comfort, strength and healing.
bdp514am
I remember my seatmate turning to me after that first drive and saying something like, I don't know how many games we are going to win, but with manziel it's never going to be dull
bdp514am
I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I posted this thinking that some of you, like I did, might get a chuckle out of her wanting to know about the game in the midst of all she was going through. But the number people who've offered prayers, thoughts and encouragement is truly humbling
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.