*****Aggies @ Alabama - Saturday*****
141,157 Views | 2149 Replies
aginlakeway
8:02a, 4/21/24
In reply to tjack16
tjack16 said:

Do I think it was a mistake by Schloss? Yes and I can count how many he's made IMO probably on one hand in his tenure that I genuinely disagreed with. He's an ELITE coach.

I also don't think it cost us the game like some of y'all are making it out to be. You don't lose a game 10-9 and blame a pinch hit strikeout.

This x 1000. The grand slam alone was 4 times the reason for the loss.
Agthatbuilds
8:05a, 4/21/24
So many bleeders and over dramatic fans it makes it hard to read these threads.

We're the no 1 team in the nation, who lost a game on the road to a top 25 team, in a conference where road sweeps are rare. Big freaking deal. This particular game doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

I'd also wager this game wasn't lost by the decision to PH. It was lost by giving up another grand slam and creating the need to play from behind against bamas best pitcher.

If we're going to complain about something, it should definitely be our starting pitching struggling to keep runs off the board this weekend.

Yall whiners need to pull it together
Adam87inSA
8:56a, 4/21/24
I will say it again:
The 2024 Texas Aggies are a serviceable Troy Wansing in spot relief away from unbeatable.

What got us beat yesterday is that Prager, Jones, and Lamkin ALL had ineffective starts this weekend. If even ONE gives us a quality start, we have plenty of bullpen (and elite hitting of course) to sweep #12 Bama at their place. The place where Arky just dropped 2 of 3.
aginlakeway
8:58a, 4/21/24
In reply to Adam87inSA
Adam87inSA said:

I will say it again:
The 2024 Texas Aggies are a serviceable Troy Wansing in spot relief away from unbeatable.

Yep. We're already a national title caliber team. Wansing would make us a solid favorite.
tjack16
8:59a, 4/21/24
In reply to aginlakeway
aginlakeway said:

Adam87inSA said:

I will say it again:

Yep. We're already a national title caliber team. Wansing would make us a solid favorite.

I think we are the favorite right now. Or at least 2nd at the worst if people favor Arkansas's pitching.
Fairview20
9:03a, 4/21/24
In reply to TexasAggie81
Now compare Arkansas' lineup top to bottom to ours. It's college baseball. No team is close to perfect, this is not the MLB.
tjack16
9:16a, 4/21/24
In reply to Fairview20
Fairview20 said:

Now compare Arkansas' lineup top to bottom to ours. It's college baseball. No team is close to perfect, this is not the MLB.

Their best hitter would probably bat 6th in our lineup
Fairview20
4:11p, 4/21/24
In reply to tjack16
Exactly. That's why the guy over analyzing our staff in relation to Arkansas while not mentioning each team's lineup is silly.
RED AG 98
10:17a, 4/22/24
Schloss was pretty candid in his decision making in this interview. Clearly disappointed to not get the sweep. His comments are pretty much in line with my guesses here Saturday.

https://texags.com/s/58914/jim-schlossnagles-aggies-return-to-blue-bell-to-host-houston-georgia
aginlakeway
10:31a, 4/22/24
In reply to RED AG 98
RED AG 98 said:

Schloss was pretty candid in his decision making in this interview. Clearly disappointed to not get the sweep. His comments are pretty much in line with my guesses here Saturday.

https://texags.com/s/58914/jim-schlossnagles-aggies-return-to-blue-bell-to-host-houston-georgia

Very candid answers.
trouble
10:33a, 4/22/24
In reply to aginlakeway
He doesn't really do coach speak.
aginlakeway
10:34a, 4/22/24
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

Nope. Very detailed thought out reasons for doing everything.
RED AG 98
10:45a, 4/22/24
In reply to aginlakeway
Yep. No need for the all the hand wringing here when he just comes out and tells you what he was thinking.
Decay
10:50a, 4/22/24
Yeah really candid - "The players probably flushed it. The head coach probably needs to also."
Sea Pony 07
7:48a, 4/23/24
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

I really like that about him.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 62 of 62