SEC Midweek Games (4/23)

10,333 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by RED AG 98
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wednesday Top 25 Scores
#13 Coastal Carolina 4 - Creighton 5 (10)
#16 Arizona 12 - New Mexico St. 2
Houston Christian 10 - #17 ULaLa 9
agsalaska
AG
That all sucks.

I pull for the Sun Belt over most conferences. Pretty much everyone other than the SEC.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
W
AG
RPI #57 is a problem for the rajun cajuns
RED AG 98
AG
Agreed, and it's worth watching but they are still in the driver's seat in the SunBelt at 4 games ahead of the next bunch. It's also not a 1 bid league and is likely to get at least 2 and probably 3 teams in the field.
RED AG 98
AG
dixichkn said:

RED AG 98 said:

Honestly, if tu is in the field I fully expect them to be in CS. They are nearby and this is pretty much the last opportunity for the NCAA to do so. Them making the field is the only open question here in my mind.
Absolutely disagree. If you've noticed over the years, the only times they pair up A&M and tu in the postseason in ANY sport is when they're relatively sure that tu can beat us. "Put us in our place". They never seem to match us up when we're clearly the better team. Which is absolutely the case this year in baseball

I'd be shocked if they were sent to CS
Interesting. I feel like they've paired us up nearly every opportunity they could. In regionals in Austin and Houston; matched up in the Supers (not that either complied there). In any case, it's a weird year for college ball in Texas as there aren't a lot of good teams. We are likely the only host period and if Texas is in the field, I expect them as the 3 in CS.
Wabs
AG
This. I can guarantee if sip makes it to the postseason they will be in CS. This is the last year they'll be able to do it.
jkag89
RED AG 98 said:

dixichkn said:

RED AG 98 said:

Honestly, if tu is in the field I fully expect them to be in CS. They are nearby and this is pretty much the last opportunity for the NCAA to do so. Them making the field is the only open question here in my mind.
Absolutely disagree. If you've noticed over the years, the only times they pair up A&M and tu in the postseason in ANY sport is when they're relatively sure that tu can beat us. "Put us in our place". They never seem to match us up when we're clearly the better team. Which is absolutely the case this year in baseball

I'd be shocked if they were sent to CS
Interesting. I feel like they've paired us up nearly every opportunity they could. In regionals in Austin and Houston; matched up in the Supers (not that either complied there). In any case, it's a weird year for college ball in Texas as there aren't a lot of good teams. We are likely the only host period and if Texas is in the field, I expect them as the 3 in CS.
They could have sent sippie our way instead of to Dallas Baptist 2015. Maybe they did not due to both teams being sent to the Rice Regional in 2014.

They could have sent Baylor out west and made sippie the #2 Seed at the regional hosted by U of H in 2017. I believe they did not because they saw how unfair it was to the host school if both A&M and t,u, were at the same regional with the 2014 regional. In other words the only way the Ags and sippie were going to be at the same regional after 2014 is if one or the other hosted.

They could have finagled the seeding in 2022 to have College Station/Austin paired and did not. In fact last year is the only season in which the two teams were placed in paired regionals.

That being said, if sippie gets an invite, they're coming to Olsen this year.

McInnis
AG
W said:

Dropped 15 spots. That's a pretty big change for this late in the season.
RED AG 98
AG
McInnis said:

W said:

Dropped 15 spots. That's a pretty big change for this late in the season.
Losing to RPI #229 (out of 305) at home will do that...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.