*** STREAMING INDUSTRY THREAD ***
29,183 Views | 358 Replies
superunknown
10:18p, 5/8/24
In reply to TCTTS
Very true. I know i harp on it almost every time I post on this thread but as soon as they have the tech down to properly monetize, i think we're full circle. I did notice watching peacock the other night there's ads on the pause menu, so in that respect it's basically cable TV but the future tech stuff went full Idiocracy. We're about to have a frame of highly target ads surrounding the screen as you binge watch "Ow My Balls"
TCTTS
10:51p, 5/8/24
In reply to superunknown
Agreed. I think the future is bright, they're going to figure all of this out, and with targeted ads, more bundles, better app "surfing"/integration, they'll be back to making more money than ever. We've just had to go through this massive growing pains era to get there.
FL_Ag1998
5:10a, 5/9/24
The big question for me is sports. I don't mean big nationally covered games. I mean your local team's games when they aren't the national game of the week on ESPN, ABC, etc.

Regional sports networks seem to be going the way of the dodo bird. I miss most of the Tampa Bay lightnings games the past couple of years because most games are on a regional sports network only available via one cable company in this area, (Bally Dports which is apparently going under).

I did read an article recently where the Seattle Kraken signed a deal with Amazon, where regionally broadcast games would be on Amazon as an add-on package available if you live in select states like Washington and Oregon, etc.

I like that idea. And I think I'd like to see it taken out of individual team's hands to make those deals. Make it a league-wide thing. For example, the NHL or NFL signs a deal with a streaming provider who then broadcasts every team's "regional" games that haven't been allocated to be nationally broadcast.
superunknown
2:37p, 5/9/24
oragator
10:58a, 5/10/24
New heist show with Sophie Turner.

https://deadline.com/2024/05/haven-sophie-turner-archie-madekwe-amazon-prime-video-show-1235911200/
YNWA_AG
9:51a, 5/14/24

Iowaggie
9:47p, 5/15/24
NFL on Netflix

TCTTS
6:23p, 5/16/24
Iowaggie
1:15p, 5/17/24
In reply to YNWA_AG
YNWA_AG said:

Quote:

Are treaties and alliances being formed?

CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 11 of 11
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings