The Bible Recap with Tara-Leigh Cobble

996 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by loveaTm
TheCurl84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who in here is doing this reading and recap plan, or has done it? I'm on year #4 and like it a lot.

What do you think of it?
Kaa98
Right there with you. I'm on year 2 and really enjoy it.
BluHorseShu
AG
TheCurl84 said:

Who in here is doing this reading and recap plan, or has done it? I'm on year #4 and like it a lot.

What do you think of it?
I was going to try but heard its more of her interpretation of what it means based on her experience and the language is a bit informal. I think people listening to it definitely need to remember its not a substitute for reading the bible as it was written, its more of an overview from one persons reading.

I did think one of the quote from the book was interesting in how it was phrased:

page 610, Day 296 it says that when the authorities asked Jesus about what to do with the woman caught in adultery, he responded: "Sure. Let's stone her. The person who should lead the way is whoever is sinless."

I just feel weird trying to paraphrase scripture with colloquialisms.
loveaTm
AG
I am doing it for the first time this year. You read the passage for yourself in your preferred translation and then she just gives a small spiel. I don't think it's quite as slovenly a style as that one quote would indicate. She has a high view of God, even if she speaks more casually than is typical for some traditions.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.