Upcoming Eclipse and theories

1,858 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by wessimo
Mongolian Christmas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is anyone following the theories coming out about the eclipse? I haven't seen the videos but my wife tells me she's seen a lot of reels. From what I can tell is people are saying this is going to be a biblical event.

Feel free to post any videos.
whatthehey78
AG
I firmly believe God created the heavens and the earth. It is His system as to how they move/interact...so...a Biblical event...I would agree.
barbacoa taco
AG
why would it be a biblical event?

solar eclipses happen 1-2 times a year on average. the are just very rare for a given location on earth.
747Ag
AG
One element I've heard is that there are several towns/cities in the path named Nineveh.
schmendeler
AG
If by "theories" you mean any crazy person with access to internet and a camera, then sure there's a lot of them out there.

For non-crazies, the moon is going to cast a shadow on a small part of the earth for a few minutes in a couple weeks. That's it. Should be cool to see, though.
BonfireNerd04
Eclipses are a natural event that can be predicted thousands of years in advance, and have no relation to human behavior, except when crazy people create self-fulfilling prophecies about them.

Though, I guess it's kinda cool that our planet has a moon. A nice big one that can totally eclipse the sun. That's a boast that the other planets in our solar system can't make. Except Pluto, but it's not even a real planet.
Mongolian Christmas
OP here. Im glad im not the only thinking these are loons.
ramblin_ag02
AG
I've heard that the eclipse means you'll have an opportunity to make a strong bond, you will meet someone new, someone old will return to your life, you will encounter hardship, and you might feel tired at some point. But only if you were born under the sign of the unicorn during the year of the tazmanian devil. Otherwise disregard
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Shooz in Katy
AG
Let those that have ears hear and eyes see.

PabloSerna
AG
two minutes in and we already have...

"The Roman Gentile Church" when referring to the Gregorian calendar I presume?

"Left Behind" ... we'll just leave that right there :-)

+++

Well, like I thought, a RCC hit piece. However, well produced and will dazzel.

Kansas Kid
I thought the world ended in 2012 when the Mayan Calendar supposedly expired.

I like how one poster said that God created the heavens and the earth so it is a biblical event but this isn't one of "biblical proportions" any more than any of the thousands of previous eclipses.
schmendeler
AG
No, the blood moon was actually the end
wessimo
AG
No shortage of loony theories!

Frok
AG
There will be traffic jams of biblical proportions in central Texas on April 8th
wessimo
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.