John Eastman recounts how he got involved in 2020 election contests

6,077 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by oh no
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes, he has been disbarred in CA. Yes he is a defendant in the Fani Willis case in Georgia. But how did he get there after a very distinguished career in constitutional law?

Warning this is a very long piece and does have some redundancy in it. But he lays out the sequence and the timeline and his sources for election issues in multiple states. And the efforts he made to verify the information he was receiving, the amount of which he described as "drinking from a firehose."

Some tid-bits but really encourage people to at least skim the whole thing. he jams a lot facts and legal procedures that were not followed in these states.

Quote:

When President Trump, then candidate Trump, walked down that famous escalator at Trump Tower, one of the planks in his campaign platform was that we need to fix this problem of birthright citizenship. People who are just visiting here or are here illegally ought not to be able to provide automatic citizenship to their children. People laughed at him for not understanding the Constitution.

In his next press conference, he waved a law review article, and said there is a very serious argument that our Constitution does not mandate birthright citizenship for people who are only here temporarily or who are here illegally. That happened to be my law review article on birthright citizenship.
Quote:

Then, during the Mueller investigation, I appeared for an hour on Mark Levin's television show and said the whole Russia collusion story (which Trump rightly called the Russia "hoax") was illegitimate completely made up. President Trump thought that my analysis was pretty good, and invited me to the White House for a visit.

When the major law firms were backing out of taking on any of the election challenges, President Trump called me and asked if I would be interested. Texas had just filed its original action in the Supreme Court against Pennsylvania, Georgia, Wisconsin, and Michigan -- four swing states whose election officers had clearly violated election law in those states and with an impact that put Biden over the top in all four.

Two days later, I filed the motion to intervene in the Supreme Court in that action. The Supreme Court rules require the lawyer on the brief to have their name, address, email address and phone number.
Nobody in the country at that point really knew who Trump's legal team was, but all of a sudden people had a lawyer and an email address. I became the recipient of every claim, every allegation, crazy or not, that existed anywhere in the world about what had happened in the election. It was like drinking from a fire hose.
Quote:

I received communications from some of the best statisticians in the world who were working with election data and who told me there was something very wrong with the reported election results, according to multiple statistical analyses.

One group decided to do a counter-statistical analysis. They said the statisticians had misapplied Stan Young's path-breaking work. Unbeknownst to them, one of the statisticians I was relying on was Stan Young himself.
Quote:

Those were the kinds of things we were dealing with. I became something of a focal point for all this information. The allegations of illegality were particularly significant. I'll just go through a couple of states and a couple of examples:

In Georgia, the Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger, signed a settlement agreement in March of 2020 in a suit that was filed by the Democratic Committee that essentially obliterated the signature verification process in Georgia. It made it virtually impossible to disqualify any ballots no matter how unlike the signature on the ballot was to the signature in the registration file.

The most troubling aspect of it, to me, was that the law required that the signature match the registration signature. Secretary Raffensperger's settlement agreement required three people to unanimously agree that the signature did not match, and it had to be a Democrat, a Republican and somebody else, so you were never going to get the unanimous agreement. That means no signature was ever going to get disqualified and in Fulton County, election officials did not even bother conducting signature verification

When Brad Raffensperger, who is not part of the legislature, unilaterally changed the rule from what the legislature had adopted by statute, that change was unconstitutional, not just illegal.

Another alteration of the rules set out by the legislature occurred in Fulton County. Election officials there ran portable voting machines in heavily Democrat areas of Atlanta, which was contrary to state law.
Quote:

Pennsylvania. One of my favorite cases comes out of Pennsylvania. The League of Women Voters, which claims to be non-partisan but is clearly anything but, filed what I believe was a collusive lawsuit against the Democrat Secretary of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Kathy Boockvar, in August of 2020.

The premise of the suit was that the signature verification requirement that election officials had been applying in Pennsylvania for a century violated the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment because voters whose ballots were disqualified were not given notice of the disqualification and an opportunity to cure the problem.

The premise of the lawsuit was that there was a signature verification process but that it violated federal Due Process rights. The remedy the League of Women Voters sought was to have the court mandate a notice and opportunity to cure requirement.

The Secretary of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania decided to resolve the lawsuit by providing something the League had not even requested. She decided, on her own, that Pennsylvania did not really have a signature verification requirement at all, so the request relief notice and opportunity to cure would not be necessary.

Unilaterally, she got rid of a statute that election officials in Pennsylvania had been applying for 100 years to require signature verification. She then asked the Pennsylvania Supreme Court to approve what she had done.
Quote:

Wisconsin. One of the people who has testified for me in my California bar proceedings was Justice Mike Gableman, former Justice of the Wisconsin Supreme Court. He was hired by the Wisconsin legislature to conduct an investigation.

His investigation efforts were thwarted at every turn, with the Secretary of State and others refusing to comply with subpoenas, etc. Nevertheless, he uncovered an amazing amount of illegality and fraud in the election. For example, the county clerks in Milwaukee and Madison had directed people that they could claim "indefinitely confined" status if they were merely afraid of COVID.

That is clearly not permitted under the statute, but voters who followed the county clerks' directive and falsely claimed they were "indefinitely confined" did not have to submit an ID with their absentee ballot as the law required -- again, opening the door for fraud.

Although the Wisconsin courts held that the advice was illegal and ordered it to be withdrawn, the number of people claiming they were indefinitely confined went from about 50,000 in 2016 to more than a quarter of million in 2020. The illegal advice provided by those two county clerks in heavily Democrat counties clearly had impact.

Election officials in heavily Democrat counties also set up drop boxes. They even set up what they called "human drop boxes" in Madison, which is the home of the University of Wisconsin. For two or three consecutive Saturdays before the election, they basically ran a ballot harvesting scheme at taxpayer expense with volunteers whom I suspect were actually supporters of the Biden campaign -- working as "deputized" county clerks to go collect all these ballots, in violation of state law.

How do I know it is a violation of the state law? The Wisconsin Supreme Court after the fact agreed with us that it was a violation of state law.
Quote:

Then in Michigan, we had similar things going on. We probably all saw the video of election officials boarding up the canvassing center at TCF Center in Detroit so that people could not observe what was going on. There were hundreds of sworn affidavits about illegality in the conduct of that process in Detroit.

Then there was one affidavit on the other side submitted by an election official who was responsible for legally managing the election. He said, basically, that everything was fine, it was all perfect.

The judge, without holding a hearing on a motion to dismiss, at which the allegations of the complaint are supposed to be taken as true, rejected all the sworn affidavits from all the witnesses who actually observed the illegality, and instead credited the government affidavit without the government witness evening being subject to questioning on cross-examination
Quote:

Of the cases that actually reached the merits --there were fewer than a dozen of them, if I recall correctly -- Trump won three-fourths of them. You have never heard that in the "New York Times." And the Courts simply refused to hear some clearly meritorious cases, such as one filed in the Wisconsin Supreme Court. The majority in that case simply noted that it did not see any need to hear the case, over a vigorous dissent that basically said, "Are you nuts? This was illegal, and we have a duty to hear the challenge."

Two years later, that same Court took up the issues that had been presented to it in December 2020, and it held that what happened was illegal. But by then it was too late to do anything about it.

Read the rest HERE

[Staff warning. We are letting this long OP stay as presented. However, please do not quote this post in your responses. It makes the readibility of threads very difficult. Be selective in how you respond to the various parts of the text presented here. And as always, take your subject prompt from the OP, do not derail the thread. Thanks. -Staff]
oldord
AG
So for all those asking for the smoking gun….here you go
BadMoonRisin
AG
Safest and most secure election in history.
Ellis Wyatt
oldord said:

It is so frustrating. The states clearly violated their own laws and the Constitution. And anyone who correctly says so is called a "conspiracy theorist."
aggiehawg
AG
Staff, apologize for the lengthy OP but as I said this is a very long complicated piece containing many states and subject matter issues. I curated the best I could so even the casual reader who would not be inclined to read such a long piece would get the flavor and history of it.

Appreciate the assist in your edit.
JW
AG
Nothing matters if you can't provide a secure election process.
aggiehawg
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

oldord said:

It is so frustrating. The states clearly violated their own laws and the Constitution. And anyone who correctly says so is called a "conspiracy theorist."
The process under which election challenges can even occur is a mess procedurally with a ridiculously short time frame, essentially about 35 days post election, give or take. Just not enough time and the courts can choose to slow walk everything until it becomes moot by the operation of other laws governing our federal elections.

As Eastman recounts, a case in Georgia filed in December 2020 didn't even have a judge assigned for weeks and when assigned, set a hearing for Jan 7th, too late unless the electoral count was delayed on Jan 6th.

The best way to counter some of that is to not allow for judges to decide when they want to hold hearings on election contests. That requires the state legislatures establishing rules for expediting the process and not allowing state judges to sit on them, refusing to act in a timely manner, solely to render the cases moot.
jagvocate
AG
The Neocon "lawfare" will answer for their crimes.
eric76
AG
I'm still waiting to see if anyone is actually serious about making elections more secure instead of just coming up with more security theater that doesn't fix anything.

It is true that what we have now is messy, but if we aren't willing to spend the time and effort to fix that mess, then we will have to live with it.

As for claims that "They shouldn't have done X so all the ballots are invalid" is nothing but horse crap as far as I'm concerned. Nobody is going to be inclined to disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of voters.

If there's a problem, either fix it or live with it. F*** band-aids.
eaa84059-c3ef-468a-998c-75e682c328fa@8shield.net
richardag
aggiehawg
Thanks for the link and information.
The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, npublic debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt.
People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
richardag
aggiehawg
Quote from the article;
  • To this day, there are 120,000 more votes that were cast in Pennsylvania than their records show voters who have cast votes. Think about that: 120,000 more votes than voters who cast votes. The margin in Pennsylvania was 80,000.
Where are the journalists @ABC, CBS, NBC?
The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, npublic debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
richardag
aggiehawg
Another quote from the article;
  • The judge, without holding a hearing on a motion to dismiss, at which the allegations of the complaint are supposed to be taken as true, rejected all the sworn affidavits from all the witnesses who actually observed the illegality, and instead credited the government affidavit without the government witness evening being subject to questioning on cross-examination.
Seems very odd and potentially not following the law.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

As for claims that "They shouldn't have done X so all the ballots are invalid" is nothing but horse crap as far as I'm concerned. Nobody is going to be inclined to disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of voters.
Why do you believe those people were real and properly registered voters when they are not in the cast vote records?
richardag
Another quote from the article;
  • The 65 Project was formed -- I think I've seen reported that they received a grant from a couple of George Soros-related organizations of $100 million -- to bring disbarment actions against all of the lawyers who were involved in any of those cases
George Soros should be in jail and all the assets of his organizations seized.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
richardag
eric76 said:

I'm still waiting to see if anyone is actually serious about making elections more secure instead of just coming up with more security theater that doesn't fix anything.

It is true that what we have now is messy, but if we aren't willing to spend the time and effort to fix that mess, then we will have to live with it.

So you don't believe in the rule of law.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
richardag
Another quote;
  • One of the things we discover in that Antrim audits is that in fact, the vote logs that are supposed to be there had been deleted for 2020, not 2016, not 2012, they are still there, but 2020 had been deleted.
This seems odd, shouldn't there be a law preventing the deletion of data, I am presuming there is and people held responsible and prosecuted.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
aggiehawg
AG
I just want to say that those of you who have taken the time to read that very long piece, THANK YOU!
aggiehawg
AG
richardag said:

Another quote;
  • One of the things we discover in that Antrim audits is that in fact, the vote logs that are supposed to be there had been deleted for 2020, not 2016, not 2012, they are still there, but 2020 had been deleted.
This seems odd, shouldn't there be a law preventing the deletion of data, I am presuming there is and people held responsible and prosecuted.
Multiple state and federal laws against that. But when the SLOGS are erased, cannot tell which person deleted them. And with remote access? Even less chance.
richardag
Addicted to this article I am, another quote;
  • I said, "Absolutely. I have no doubt in my mind," because of things like this and because of the Gableman report, because of Dinesh D'Souza's book on 2000 Mules- that stuff is true.

People say, "Well, it's not true. It's been debunked." No, it has not been debunked. In fact, there have been criminal convictions down in Pima County, Arizona, from the 2018 election, where people finally got caught doing the same thing that Dinesh D'Souza said they were doing.
There are posters on this very board citing the mantra "it has been debunked".
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
Ellis Wyatt
eric, not sure how much more simple it can be than telling you the laws and how they were broken. It speaks for itself. It can be explained, but none of us can understand it for you.
Ellis Wyatt
Their side won, therefore anyone who suggests shenanigans is a conspiracy theorist and a threat to democracy.
richardag
This quote speaks volumes;
  • Regularly, we are instead being given the following message: "We're the government. We have spoken. How dare you stand up and offer a different view." That has turned us from being sovereign citizens in charge of the government to subjects being owned by or run by the government.
All I can say is never vote for any Democratic Party candidate at any level of government, if they haven't been corrupted they are minions of those that have been corrupted.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Addicted to this article I am, another quote;
A lot to unpack there. Consider how much he had to process and curate during such a shortened time frame.

Back when all of that post election crappola was happening, I was worried that finding the needles in the haystacks of info being thrown at them. In such a compressed time frame?

Ignore the Smartmatic connections, ignore the SCTYL crap (but I still have to ask whya foreign company advertises on their website that they are active in US election? WTH?)

Go directly to the eye witnesses that had papre records and were giving live interviews that were on YoutTube. I watched them all that I found.
eric76
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Why do you believe those people were real and properly registered voters when they are not in the cast vote records?
I assume that this is about the mail in balloting. I'm sure that some mail in ballots were legitimate and some weren't.

That said, just saying that there were more votes cast than voters is not persuasive without significantly more details. In particular, where do those numbers even come from?

In any event, the question should be "Why aren't we working to make things more secure?" I would guess that we will see internet voting before long and then the grumbling will really get bad. Why not work to get ready for it instead of just complaining about the past -- a past that for the most part is little more than unverifiable allegations?
eric76
AG
richardag said:

eric76 said:

I believe in the rule of law. I don't believe in the concept making unsubstantiated allegations out of bias and calling it "truth".
richardag
eric76 said:

richardag said:

eric76 said:

I believe in the rule of law. I don't believe in the concept making unsubstantiated allegations out of bias and calling it "truth".
No, you are wrong, mail in ballots were counted that did not meet the state statutes.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

No, you don't. Never have.

Have you been someone who has studied the Constitution and taught in law scholl for over forty years?

No you have not. Eastman has. So has Laurence Tribe. He wrote the damn hornbook on con law back in the day/ But now he has disavowed nearly all of scholarly trestises on con law because the agenda he believes in more important to him than the law.

Any judge, any commentator, who always agree with the outcome of a case is not a good jurist nor a good lawyer. The law is mostly about trying to get justice and equity but it does not always work out that way. Sometimes it sucks because the outcome is not desirable from a political perspective.

But it is following the law.
TRADUCTOR
The election was stolen, a coup.

J6 was a rope a dope.

Don't be a dope.
Jason C.
AG
The article repeats itself a lot. Could it be a formatting issue and those are supposed to be call-outs/money quotes but they appear as regular text? I swear I read some parts like four times.

Still, worth a read so as not to get discouraged by the DEBOOOOONKED crowd.
unmade bed
From the article:

Quote:

The Constitution is quite clear, but there was a news account at one point reporting that John Roberts had yelled at Alito and Thomas, who had insisted they needed to take these cases. They were just like Bush versus Gore. Roberts was reported to have said, "They're not like Bush versus Gore. If we do anything, they will burn down our cities." Which means the impact of what had gone on in the summer of 2020 in Portland and Kenosha and all these other places, had an impact on the Supreme Court declining to take these cases.

Where was this reported? Sounds totally made up.
BMX Bandit
The "source" was noted psycho hal Turner, and it was pushed by Lin wood. You are correct, it was totally made up.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3166885/1#discussion
aggiejayrod
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

No, you don't. Never have.

Have you been someone who has studied the Constitution and taught in law scholl for over forty years?

No you have not. Eastman has. So has Laurence Tribe. He wrote the damn hornbook on con law back in the day/ But now he has disavowed nearly all of scholarly trestises on con law because the agenda he believes in more important to him than the law.

Any judge, any commentator, who always agree with the outcome of a case is not a good jurist nor a good lawyer. The law is mostly about trying to get justice and equity but it does not always work out that way. Sometimes it sucks because the outcome is not desirable from a political perspective.

But it is following the law.

That's my real takeaway here. The article was basically one long diatribe on (1) how a lot of people changed the election law unconstitutionally, (2) how the courts didn't seem to care or in some cases supported the unconstitutional changes (looking at you especially GA and PA and (3) how the left is using lawfare to personalize and target anyone to the right of Marx who wants to challenge the hinkiness of the election.

If anything the 65 Project needs to be targeted for RICO. Lest we forget John Adams defending the British soldiers not because he agreed with them but because it was the right thing to do to give them a fair trial. If you make it so that someone so toxic in the legal community that they can't hire a lawyer you've really denied that person any form of justice.
aggiejayrod
AG
My takeaway from this thread is that we really need some reform around handling election challenges.

I don't think you could possibly ever throw away 100,000 votes in our current setup because that disenfranchises a lot of real voters. They really do need to be able to be serialized in order to prove 1:1 votes to real person and if real person is ineligible or votes twice we can remove the fake vote. I know this leads to ballot privacy concerns but it should be possibly for everyone to look up and see that their vote was counted. And for someone to be able to challenge the vote and the state be able to show definitively that every legal vote was counted and no illegal vote was counted.

Then you really need a bipartisan committee of judges in every state dedicated to election challenges post-election. Nothing hinky, they can go back to their day jobs.

Lastly, real criminal penalties for cheating with teeth. The enforcement here is the hardest thread in my mind to pull on. Cuz you can't have the winner absolve the cheater who got them into office. I don't know what the answer is but I keep thinking about the Black Panther looking dudes standing outside the polls in Philly and how Obama's DOJ looked at them and said everything looks fine.
oh no
AG
this mickey mouse banana republic joke has no business defending democracy abroad in all these conflicts that our intel agencies plan and provoke.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

If anything the 65 Project needs to be targeted for RICO. Lest we forget John Adams defending the British soldiers not because he agreed with them but because it was the right thing to do to give them a fair trial. If you make it so that someone so toxic in the legal community that they can't hire a lawyer you've really denied that person any form of justice.
RICO would not work as filing bar complaints still falls under the first amendment. No criminal enterprise that I see.

However, there are rules and laws about vexatious litigation that the state bars can enforce against those lawyers intentonally targeting these lawyers for solely political reasons. Police their own. But they won't do it, except in Texas where Sidney Powell was vindicated.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.