Outdoors
Sponsored by

Gotta little story for ya, Ags - Alex meets Mike Rowe

11,562 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by Bevobuster
MasonB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On the caps...

The bad news is we are an entirely self-funded operation and the budget for caps is pretty limited. We have been using them as thank yous for people who take us on tours and the occasional giveaway.

The good news is we are down to less than a dozen and it's about time to reorder some. If there is enough interest here for caps, I'll add to the order and let you guys buy one at whatever they cost us. Our order quantities aren't big, so we don't get much of a bulk discount.

The other option is to host us on a cool learning adventure and we will owe you a cap - and a huge amount of gratitude!

If someone has a recommendation on a cap supplier - especially one that would allow drop shipping to online orders from individuals - please share.

Howdy Dammit
AG
MasonB said:

On the caps...

The bad news is we are an entirely self-funded operation and the budget for caps is pretty limited. We have been using them as thank yous for people who take us on tours and the occasional giveaway.

The good news is we are down to less than a dozen and it's about time to reorder some. If there is enough interest here for caps, I'll add to the order and let you guys buy one at whatever they cost us. Our order quantities aren't big, so we don't get much of a bulk discount.

The other option is to host us on a cool learning adventure and we will owe you a cap - and a huge amount ion gratitude!

If someone has a recommendation on a cap supplier - especially one that would allow drop shipping to online orders from individuals - please share.

I'm in for a cap
TX AG 88
AG
Alex is a cool and inspiring kid, you're a good dad, and Mike Rowe is a national treasure!
TX AG 88
AG
And you ought to set up a little storefront and sell the caps at a small profit. Sounds like lots here (and probably elsewhere) want the merch and wouldn't mind sending a little monetary support your way.
AJ02
AG
MasonB said:

On the caps...

The other option is to host us on a cool learning adventure and we will owe you a cap - and a huge amount of gratitude!

If y'all were in Houston area I could see about getting him on our shop floor to see how giant O&G drill bits are made.
txags92
AG
MasonB said:

On the caps...

I wish I was still doing work up at McAlester Army Ammunition Plant, but our contract ended a couple of years ago. The folks out there would probably love to host Alex and talk about what they do. Put me down for 2 caps if you go to make more and I don't mind paying a bit of "convenience fee" on top of your cost to help y'all fund his adventures.

Not sure what the prices you are currently paying are, but 4Imprint has a huge selection of caps and doesn't charge any art fees. They appear to generally want under $10 per cap and have a 48 hat minimum on most hats. Looks like the only add on fee above the per hat price is ~$35 to setup the print screen/die, and their FAQs say they will ship to multiple locations and don't charge any fees on reorders.

If Mike Rowe put out anything about y'all on his website or X, I would expect a lot of traffic and you may find a lot more demand than you would think coming your way.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
As the son of a 5 year old autistic boy, I understand the struggles you have faced (and continue to face) more than others might. This story brought a tear to my eye, not just because it's heartwarming to hear about these kinds of successes, but because I know how much it means to see that kind of success after all the hard work I know you had to do.

Kudos to you, sir. Job well done!
MasonB
AG
Quote:

If y'all were in Houston area I could see about getting him on our shop floor to see how giant O&G drill bits are made.

His big sister is in Aggieland - so definitely doable!
AggieJames09
AG
Thanks for sharing. Put a big smile on my face
ironmanag
AG
That is awesome
B-1 83
AG
Great story! All the more reason to wear my Okie School of Adventure and Charm cap with pride!
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
jimtip79
Good bull
AJ02
AG
MasonB said:

Quote:

His big sister is in Aggieland - so definitely doable!

Send me a PM and we'll see what can be done. Not sure what my company's policies are on that. We have vendors that come in all the time that we take to the shop floor assuming they get clearance first. Only real question would be whether they allow video recording. Not sure about IP issues on the floor. But I can find out. Our building is actually in the Woodlands.
Pinche Guero
AG
Independence H-D
That is so awesome. And so unsurprising. I got to spend a day with Mike Rowe while filming on one of his shows. Had an incredible lunch conversation. Just a genuinely awesome guy. In a perfect world he would be the secretary of Labor or perhaps even better education.
txags92
AG
Independence H-D said:

That is so awesome. And so unsurprising. I got to spend a day with Mike Rowe while filming on one of his shows. Had an incredible lunch conversation. Just a genuinely awesome guy. In a perfect world he would be the president secretary of Labor or perhaps even better education.
FIFY
clinte234
AG
That's awesome!

His stories about selling products on the QVC at 3 am are pure gold!
Independence H-D
I agree.

As much as I encouraged him on that day and many others I'm sure have as well, He's indicated he does not really want to run for office.
MasonB
AG
Thanks! Wishing you well on your journey with your son.
JimShorts
AG
Just an FYI, Mike Rowe posted pictures with Alex on his fb page along with some words of meeting him
Wildmen11
AG
MasonB,

Thank you so much for sharing- my son has autism and it is great you are sharing such a great story to be proud of. Our journey as parents with children with ASD can be unique but the wins bring so much joy. Great job being a great dad of an awesome son!

BlitzGD
AG
Mike's side of the story:

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/qe6xrJyRMq9czrZv/?mibextid=WC7FNe

Good Bull all around.
Quarterback can't throw the ball lying on his back.
sharpdressedman
It is a totally, completely, and amazingly wonderful story. Thanks for sharing, and best wishes to Alex for all the good things in life!
88planoAg
AG
What a boost for Alex's youtube channel! Let us know how many more views he gets - people are already commenting that they've seen it!
Mark Fairchild
AG
Howdy, Mason! First of all, my wife and I have a sticker, cap, and t-shirt that have a very prominent place in our house. Second, we have always believed in our hearts, that nothing happens in a vacuum. We believe that our Lord gives special children to special parents, and Alex and Mason have only affirmed what we already know in our hearts.
What a combination, putting Mason and Alex and Mike Rowe together. Could it get any better? I think not! The indomitable spirit that all three have exhibited in their lives, makes for something more that just "Special"!
Thank you, Mason for bringing this the latest in Alex's always inspiring journey through his young life. Marsha and I continue to be inspired by your amazing zeal for offering Alex everything you can as his father. I have no doubt that time in your family is time not wasted but lived! Would that we could all take our lives and do the same.
Just want to again encourage you to continue to write, because this AG and his wife see what a joy this life can have if we only take the time and try.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
MasonB
AG
can you tell when Mike made his post?

Ag83
AG
That is absolutely beyond awesome.
MasonB
AG
Thanks, Mark.

I'll post something for you in just a bit that I think you will like.
dubi
AG
Mike Rowe

dubi
AG
Alex's website
CTGilley
AG
Awesome!
spud1910
AG
Thanks for sharing Mason! Awesome.
EVA3
AG
Good stuff!
AgGrad99
AG
I follow Mike Rowe online, because I think he's doing the Lord's work out there...

I saw your son on his feed, before I saw your post on Texags.

Here is the selfie, from Mike's Instagram account (He's wearing the hat in every single picture):

https://www.instagram.com/mikerowe/p/C6M-3BxvMQU/?img_index=3
JYDog90
AG
I'm definitely in for a cap.

And why do I have tears in my eyes reading all this?
Formerly Willy Wonka

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.