BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)
219,403 Views | 1035 Replies
TyHolden
10:45p, 4/1/24
In reply to maroon barchetta
maroon barchetta said:

VOLCANOOOOO!!!!!
We need one of these going off at Kyle Field every hour....call it Bonfire Cafe or something

Captn_Ag05
9:36a, 4/2/24
A Bubba's 33 is going in along 6 in the Cinemark parking lot.

https://www.bubbas33.com/
Dustoff00
9:44a, 4/2/24
In reply to Captn_Ag05
I had not seen this... They have some very tasty food... My BIL was the one that started this concept when he was with TRH.
aggies4life
10:02a, 4/2/24
aggies4life
10:03a, 4/2/24
In reply to aggies4life
Yep. I posted here Feb 9th….
aggies4life said:

Hearing bubba's 33 Coming to cs
MsDoubleD81
10:49a, 4/2/24
In reply to aggies4life
But you didn't make your post interesting with a link and photo.
dogowner
5:33p, 4/2/24
Tried to come eat at King Noodle Sushi today and there is a help wanted sign in the window and the door is padlocked
TyHolden
5:55p, 4/2/24
In reply to dogowner
dogowner said:

Tried to come eat at King Noodle Sushi today and there is a help wanted sign in the window and the door is padlocked
Yeah, I think we saw that on a Monday or Tuesday a couple weeks back.
trouble
6:05p, 4/2/24
In reply to dogowner
They are closed on Tuesday
AggiePhil
6:35p, 4/2/24
Joy Luck has closed.
war hymn aggie
9:17p, 4/2/24
Plucker's has broken ground.
Hornbeck
9:52p, 4/2/24
In reply to war hymn aggie
war hymn aggie said:

Expect a new nail salon and bank this week.
Crawdaddy
5:07a, 4/3/24
In reply to war hymn aggie
war hymn aggie said:

Seriously can't wait. Will go there over the summer/winter breaks and back to WnM during the semester when Plucker's is too crowded.
Captn_Ag05
10:13a, 4/3/24
The Pluckers site plan includes a nice sized patio and a couple pickleball courts.
AggiePhil
10:44a, 4/3/24
Where will the Pluckers be?
halibut sinclair
11:37a, 4/3/24
In reply to AggiePhil
AggiePhil said:

Where will the Pluckers be?

Behind Razzoo's
Collectonian
5:03p, 4/3/24
In reply to AggiePhil
AggiePhil said:

Joy Luck has closed.
Wow, that's a name I haven't heard in years, kinda forgot they were there. I remember it being good though.
Why yes, yes I really do run the best (and only) BCS ICEE Guide!
MiMi
10:11a, 4/4/24
Brazos Valley Urgent Care is permanently closing on April 27.
maroon barchetta
10:22a, 4/4/24
In reply to MiMi
MiMi said:

Brazos Valley Urgent Care is permanently closing on April 27.

Wow
Captn_Ag05
10:26a, 4/4/24
Artisan's Med Spa is closing on May 8.
trouble
10:42a, 4/4/24
In reply to MiMi
It's been going downhill for years. They are all too happy to just write an Rx for ABX and send you on your way without a full exam.
KidDoc
10:45a, 4/4/24
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

It's been going downhill for years. They are all too happy to just write an Rx for ABX and send you on your way without a full exam.
But first they run every possible test they can bill your insurance for even though it will not change the treatment plan at all.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
techno-ag
10:51a, 4/4/24
In reply to MiMi
I guess there are too many "little hospitals" around here.
trouble
10:55a, 4/4/24
In reply to KidDoc
Yes, this too.

Years ago, my oldest went in for throat pain and pressure in his ear. Handed him the swabs for strep, etc. Never examined his throat or ears. Gave him an Rx.

A week later, once he's done with those, he can barely swallow, spitting constantly, fever. Sent him to my favorite PA. Peritonsillar abscess. ENT couldn't get it drained in the office so he had emergency surgery that afternoon.
AggiePhil
12:01p, 4/4/24
My family has actually had really good luck with Brazos Valley Urgent Care the past few years. Sad to hear they're closing.
howapi
2:32p, 4/4/24
They were our urgent care of choice. We went there several times, in and out quick and cheap (I was never charged more than 200 for a visit). Doubt I will find something comparable nowadays.
althormoon
5:56p, 4/4/24
I had a feeling Brazos Valley Urgent Care would close soon. I went there a few months ago and had to sign some form before I was even allowed to check in agreeing to let them save my credit card information for an unknown period of time, "just in case" my insurance didn't reimburse them enough. It said if insurance didn't reimburse them enough they would immediately put everything on my credit card info they would be saving to their system - even though I have valid insurance that is very common in the area (A&M) and always reimburses. I have never had to sign a form like that or give permanent access to a credit card at any medical office or urgent care in my life. I have no problem with bills but it was almost enough to make me want to leave immediately and go somewhere else. I signed it because I was sick as a dog and just wanted to be seen but said to myself I would never go back because of that weird policy. I had been going there for years.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
8:10p, 4/4/24
Cap Rock on Briarcrest has saved me from a long drive to Houston or long wait at BSW ON 3 occasions

Highly recommend
10:40a, 4/6/24
In reply to SPI-FlatsCatter 84
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Cap Rock on Briarcrest has saved me from a long drive to Houston or long wait at BSW ON 3 occasions

Highly recommend

The Cap Rock Hospital is nice, but I wasted $250 going there a few years back and was not tested for flu/strep/Covid and was sent home with a prescription for sore throat. The next day I went to Integrity Urgent Care, paid a $35 copay and was properly diagnosed. Cap Rock is nice and fast but only go in emergencies. The only reason I went is because it was so late that nothing else was open but the emergency rooms at the big hospitals. Also demand to be tested for whatever you may feel is necessary.
cslifer
2:50p, 4/6/24
In reply to bcstx06
"Demand to be tested for whatever you think is necessary"….you get tested for what the doctor thinks you need to be tested for, if you don't like what he did you find another one. This is a huge problem in healthcare today, everyone thinks they know better than the providers.
drthoop
8:04p, 4/6/24
I absolutely hate Dr. Google. And I'm just a veterinarian. Everyone is a medical expert now.

Have clients tell me that they've been researching their pet's symptoms and they think they have this or that and that I need to treat it a certain way. I tell them to go home and call Dr. Google and have them write the script.

Amazing how quick they change their tune. I just don't put up with that bull***** 8 years of college and 38 years of experience here. I have no problem saying I know more that their Google search engine.

Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
8:58p, 4/6/24
In reply to bcstx06
Truly sorry for your disappointing results.

Mine were post surgical issues from suture failures and they did great

Obviously, and unfortunately, YMMV

Best wishes moving forward for everyone
9:17p, 4/6/24
In reply to Captn_Ag05
Captn_Ag05 said:

A Bubba's 33 is going in along 6 in the Cinemark parking lot.

https://www.bubbas33.com/
This is good to hear. So many of the parking lots are way underused. This will probably help the cinemark as well.
I once watched a kid sitting next to me chow down a large pizza and then go grab another with about 15 minutes left in the movie. He probably wasn't over 12 years old.
maroon barchetta
9:56p, 4/6/24
In reply to drthoop
A knowledgeable patient only gets medical advice from Facebook.
Rex Racer
7:11a, 4/7/24
In reply to bcstx06
bcstx06 said:

SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

Highly recommend

The Cap Rock Hospital is nice, but I wasted $250 going there a few years back and was not tested for flu/strep/Covid and was sent home with a prescription for sore throat. The next day I went to Integrity Urgent Care, paid a $35 copay and was properly diagnosed. Cap Rock is nice and fast but only go in emergencies. The only reason I went is because it was so late that nothing else was open but the emergency rooms at the big hospitals. Also demand to be tested for whatever you may feel is necessary.

The same could be said for any emergency room. Only go in emergencies. Shocking, I know!
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 21 of 30
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings