BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)
220,450 Views | 1040 Replies
EBrazosAg
9:21a, 4/7/24
Coming and going. Please
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CuervoAg
10:56a, 4/7/24
Might have missed it in earlier posts on prior pages but,…….

Is The University Club on campus in Rudder Tower still in business????

Its website doesn't function, the FB page hasn't shown a post since January of 2023, and the University Dining Services currently shows it closed every day - week days and weekends.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." -- Dean Wormer, Faber College President
bcstx06
11:35a, 4/7/24
In reply to cslifer
cslifer said:

"Demand to be tested for whatever you think is necessary"….you get tested for what the doctor thinks you need to be tested for, if you don't like what he did you find another one. This is a huge problem in healthcare today, everyone thinks they know better than the providers.

Well in my case I was correct, the doctor didn't think I had what I told him I thought I had so he didn't test me. Went to Urgent Care the next day and they tested me for what I thought I had and the test was positive. Not hating on Cap Rock, I would go back but only in a true emergency which it was at the moment because it was a holiday and nothing else was open. I was just saying if he had just tested me like I wanted then I wouldn't have had to waste a half day the next day waiting at urgent care and wasting more money.

Any way, back to coming and going. I hear that Dollar Tree and Family Dollar is closing a bunch of locations, I wonder if that has an impact on the many locations that they have been open/plan to open in BCS??

TyHolden
12:16p, 4/7/24
Tried Salad and Go yesterday. Good, quick, affordable salad. We got 3 and I tried all of them. Perty good. That may be a weekly pickup for us.
NotJPMorgan
2:41p, 4/7/24
In reply to CuervoAg
According to their OpenTable page, closed indefinitely until elevator maintenance is completed. I know there is a lot going on in Rudder as far as remodel/repair right now.
Crawdaddy
3:16p, 4/7/24
In reply to NotJPMorgan
I'm glad they're renovating that building. I'd have settled for a simple facade to match Kyle or the MSC or something. It just looks rough.
bcstx06
6:25p, 4/7/24
Does anyone know where to buy solar eclipse glasses locally? Thanks
b0ridi
6:39p, 4/7/24
In reply to bcstx06
bcstx06 said:

Kroger gas station on Rock Prairie had some earlier today.
bcstx06
6:41p, 4/7/24
In reply to b0ridi
b0ridi said:

bcstx06 said:

Thanks
maroon barchetta
6:56p, 4/7/24
In reply to bcstx06
Walgreens on Rock Prairie had some.
TyHolden
7:19p, 4/7/24
In reply to bcstx06
bcstx06 said:

b0ridi said:

bcstx06 said:

Thanks
Kroger no mas
war hymn aggie
8:19p, 4/7/24
not familiar with Bubba's.

For those that have knowledge about them, what current restaurant in town do they compare to?
PS3D
8:48p, 4/7/24
In reply to war hymn aggie
war hymn aggie said:

For those that have knowledge about them, what current restaurant in town do they compare to?

Willie's, but with better food. Good burgers and pizza.
techno-ag
8:55p, 4/7/24
In reply to bcstx06
bcstx06 said:

The news said there's a watch party at Blinn and they would have glasses.
Dustoff00
9:01p, 4/7/24
In reply to PS3D
PS3D said:

war hymn aggie said:

This is a great comparison.
Captn_Ag05
1:15p, 4/8/24
La-Z-Boy is building a 13,000 sq foot store near Academy and Vera Bank
ZoneClubber
8:14p, 4/8/24
In reply to Dustoff00
Dustoff00 said:

PS3D said:

war hymn aggie said:

This is a great comparison.

I'd say the comparison is Wings n More University location. Burgers and bar food and 1/2 the restaurant is a bar / sports bar area.
Captn_Ag05
10:25p, 4/8/24
TXB going in on Texas diagonally across the street from Walmart.
australopithecus robustus
6:59a, 4/9/24
I like to hear that. Do mean diagonally south or north closer to the exxon?
Captn_Ag05
9:22a, 4/9/24
In reply to australopithecus robustus
australopithecus robustus said:

I like to hear that. Do mean diagonally south or north closer to the exxon?
Where I put the X is where it looks like it is going.

MyNameIsJeff
9:55a, 4/9/24
In reply to Captn_Ag05
Glad to see these popping up. BCS has so few "nice" gas stations/convenience stores. For years, I pretty much exclusively used the one in Wellborn. TXB on University is my go-to now that I've moved to this side of town.
JMac03
10:07a, 4/9/24
Soooo pumped as I pass right by that location every day going to work. Probably not good for my pocketbook.
Captn_Ag05
11:38a, 4/9/24
TXB has two locations open in BCS (University and the location at WJB/Nash) and two more in the plans that I can think of with the one on Texas and one near Southern Pointe. It seems like there was a fifth?
treyyates
11:39a, 4/9/24
In reply to JMac03
JMac03 said:

Soooo pumped as I pass right by that location every day going to work. Probably not good for my pocketbook.

I love TXB! I also heard they bought land on the corner of FNB and Harvey Mitchell across from Parsons. Has anyone else heard that rumor? It
Captn_Ag05
11:55a, 4/9/24
In reply to treyyates
There were definitely site plans for a gas station there, but cannot remember if it was TXB. That could be the fifth location I was trying to think of!

It seems like there was also a rumor of a TXB on Victoria, maybe at Barron or Fitch.
trouble
12:07p, 4/9/24
In reply to Captn_Ag05
Is that what's going in by the Bryan PO? I've seen the sign over there but can't remember what it says.
techno-ag
12:08p, 4/9/24
In reply to Captn_Ag05
Drove by the TXB location on William J. Bryan. It is coming along. Near the post office, across from the 7-11.
Mr.Short-termMemory
12:08p, 4/9/24
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

Is that what's going in by the Bryan PO? I've seen the sign over there but can't remember what it says.
Yes, that's the WJB/Nash location mentioned above.
techno-ag
12:09p, 4/9/24
In reply to trouble
LOL posted almost same time.
Captn_Ag05
12:15p, 4/9/24
In reply to trouble
trouble said:

Yes, I actually thought it was open already. Tells you how often I go over there.
Texasclipper
12:21p, 4/9/24
In reply to JMac03
JMac03 said:

Whatever happened with the news that a Texan convenience store was going in on Fitch? That seems to have gone silent.
Tailgate88
12:27p, 4/9/24
In reply to Texasclipper
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3435485/replies/67230528
trouble
12:38p, 4/9/24
In reply to Mr.Short-termMemory
Mr.Short-termMemory said:

trouble said:

Yes, that's the WJB/Nash location mentioned above.

I managed to completely miss that in his post
Captn_Ag05
1:15p, 4/9/24
Roni's Mac Bar will open on Saturday, April 20 (4/20)
Captn_Ag05
1:16p, 4/9/24
With Varsity Grill House (nearing completion) and the recently announced Bubbas and La-z-Boy, the bypass is starting to fill in.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 22 of 30
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings