BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2024)
219,962 Views | 1040 Replies
Crawdaddy
10:00a, 1/5/24
I think they're trying a new-ish thing every second(?) Sunday out on that green that brings local vendors and things like that. But I agree, they could stand to get the word out a little better.
AggiePhil
10:31a, 1/5/24
In reply to FlyRod
FlyRod said:

The Lobster food truck (Cousins) will be back at Townshire Plaza in Bryan this Friday, 11-8.

Expensive but good!
Confirming this is still a thing today? Not finding anything about it on Facebook.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
10:45a, 1/5/24
My wife and I love going on a "date night" to Uncorked and taking my 3yr old along to play in the green area in the back. The staff is always super nice/accommodating with us!

I also know that the spread between costs to go to a restaurant vs making the food at home is the highest it's been in YEARS and the value proposition is not there anymore...

I grew up working in restaurants and always tip 20% minimum cause I know the job can be thankless, but I have to admit that I have been tipping 10% a lot more lately because the service has just not been good.

We definitely stay to our regular spots, usually blue baker, RX, Costa Vida a lot but have pulled back cause I find it tough to rationalize spending $40+ for a basic meal for 2.5 people.... We'd rather go blow $100 at La Petit Conchon every couple of weeks.

Also - prices for margaritas is really saddening lately. I love mexican food but have pulled us back from going because it's tough to get on board with the prices and I just can't make them as good at home
MiMi
10:52a, 1/5/24
In reply to AggiePhil
AggiePhil said:

FlyRod said:

The Lobster food truck (Cousins) will be back at Townshire Plaza in Bryan this Friday, 11-8.

Expensive but good!
Confirming this is still a thing today? Not finding anything about it on Facebook.

Yes. It's on their FB page
EvenPar
1:17p, 1/5/24
Keep hearing businesses need to get the word out "more" or "better."

With the amount of information being thrown in your face every second these days that's a very tough thing to do. And if you do someone run across their ad or post it's likely you won't remember it in 2 days.

Location location location is more important now than ever.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
1:29p, 1/5/24
In reply to EvenPar
EvenPar said:

Keep hearing businesses need to get the word out "more" or "better."

With the amount of information being thrown in your face every second these days that's a very tough thing to do. And if you do someone run across their ad or post it's likely you won't remember it in 2 days.

Location location location is more important now than ever.

Layout

You must hit 2/3 of those at minimum, home run if you can hit 3/3.

But there's also other factors…. Are you on the side of the road going to work or home from work? Ingresses and egresses? What are traffic patterns like? Got lots to think about.
BlueMiles
1:35p, 1/5/24
In reply to Red Pear Luke (BCS)
And now, medians.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
2:04p, 1/5/24
In reply to BlueMiles
BlueMiles said:

And now, medians.

10,000%. This has hurt businesses a lot more than can meet the eye.

We need to pour one out for them in solace.
bushytailed
2:08p, 1/5/24
H-Tea-O opened today.
Jetty
2:57p, 1/5/24
Smitty Ks has lots of space for kids to play outside. Good food and full bar.
Look Out Below
7:43p, 1/5/24
In reply to agmamaco09
Kinder Hill next to the Kyle House
agmamaco09
8:52p, 1/5/24
In reply to Look Out Below
We've been and do appreciate it's family friendly
Hoping the new location is even better! We like Polite Coffee and Blackwater as well. In fact most of the places we love are all in Bryan, just hope in 2024 we can see some more places down the road in south college station! Definitely willing to give uncorked and Marfa another try. Been to those several times just never thought of them as places we wanted to bring kids.
Jbob04
10:11a, 1/6/24
In reply to bushytailed
bushytailed said:

Plans for University/South College. There is a parking garage where Harry's is currently located.

https://www.kbtx.com/2024/01/02/ihop-closes-near-campus-plans-show-large-future-development-coming-area/?fbclid=IwAR0W3t1LVC4HwQhbO6xGd5no3YlezKkbIum52M3DhLl2fLbl5xAlk8IJ8Hs_aem_ARs3HnQetDV0Kjj5styaxni7L1mynb28D5ZmX65syz2qwbagnu1Pb9AKkm03KTkWtyk#lqx14bknrvkjr2o1fu

Anyone seen confirmation that Harry's will be torn down?
Garhett_W
10:13a, 1/6/24
In reply to Jbob04
Jbob04
10:14a, 1/6/24
In reply to Garhett_W
Thank you
AggiePhil
12:58p, 1/6/24
Excited to share the news that a Brenham National Bank branch is coming to Caprock Crossing, behind Walgreen's. Much needed!!!
Hornbeck
1:36p, 1/6/24
In reply to AggiePhil
AggiePhil said:

Excited to share the news that a Brenham National Bank branch is coming to Caprock Crossing, behind Walgreen's. Much needed!!!

Next to vaguely Feng-shui sounding nail salon name and super original chicken tenders….
UglyScientist
1:39p, 1/6/24
What's The Buzz Coffee moved their roastery. New location is 2511 S Texas Ave in Bryan. That's in addition to their newish cafe/bakery location at 2307 Texas Ave in CS (where Kolache Rolf's used to be).
MiMi
1:48p, 1/6/24
Evie+Oak Children's Boutique is now open in Towerpoint.
Bucketrunner
1:59p, 1/6/24
In reply to MiMi
This area definitely needs an upscale children's store with grandparent bait
happyinBCS
2:43p, 1/6/24
In reply to AggiePhil
Great news I live right between the current one and the new one

I have been with them 17 years best checking account deal in Brazos county
TXAGBQ76
2:46p, 1/6/24
In reply to happyinBCS
Mine has to be better at Aggieland Credit Union, no fees and free checks for 60 and older
happyinBCS
3:14p, 1/6/24
In reply to TXAGBQ76
well
mine is no fees and refund all atm fees 2% interest up to 25,000.00

and FREE BLUEBELL ICECREAM
TXAGBQ76
3:57p, 1/6/24
In reply to happyinBCS
Okay, you got me with free bluebell!
doubledog
4:57p, 1/6/24
In reply to Jbob04
Jbob04 said:

bushytailed said:

Plans for University/South College. There is a parking garage where Harry's is currently located.

https://www.kbtx.com/2024/01/02/ihop-closes-near-campus-plans-show-large-future-development-coming-area/?fbclid=IwAR0W3t1LVC4HwQhbO6xGd5no3YlezKkbIum52M3DhLl2fLbl5xAlk8IJ8Hs_aem_ARs3HnQetDV0Kjj5styaxni7L1mynb28D5ZmX65syz2qwbagnu1Pb9AKkm03KTkWtyk#lqx14bknrvkjr2o1fu

Anyone seen confirmation that Harry's will be torn down?
Is this the 5 year old news story? Or has KBTX some new information.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
9:54p, 1/6/24
In reply to MiMi
MiMi said:

Evie+Oak Children's Boutique is now open in Towerpoint.
Place was picked over after opening weekend according to my wife. She went with the little one and was shocked at how little was remaining on the shelves.

Good problem to have I guess?
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
9:57p, 1/6/24
In reply to AggiePhil
AggiePhil said:

Is this really a true statement? Are they really expanding down there?

I know I have ragged on the 11,12,13,14 banks we have in this section of BCS - but I have been with them since I opened my first checking account. So this will make my life ALOT easier and keeps me from going to the big blue bank on the turn in by HEB.
AggiePhil
8:51a, 1/8/24
In reply to Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Yes, a true statement. Which I said tongue-in-cheek. But it sounds like some people are actually excited about it. LMAO
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
9:21a, 1/8/24
In reply to AggiePhil
AggiePhil said:

Yes, a true statement. Which I said tongue-in-cheek. But it sounds like some people are actually excited about it. LMAO
It just means that I have to drive less to get a free ice cream sammy for the kiddo. And I am ok with that!
althormoon
9:27a, 1/9/24
In reply to bushytailed
bushytailed said:

H-Tea-O opened today.

Are they actually open? Every time I've driven by in the morning they definitely haven't been. I'd be curious to know what the houre are, there is nothing posted online. Not sure what kind of tea/coffee place isn't open at 9 in the morning.
bushytailed
10:43a, 1/9/24
In reply to althormoon
althormoon said:

bushytailed said:

H-Tea-O opened today.

Are they actually open? Every time I've driven by in the morning they definitely haven't been. I'd be curious to know what the houre are, there is nothing posted online. Not sure what kind of tea/coffee place isn't open at 9 in the morning.

I've been twice. The website shows they're open at 7am M-F, 8am Sat, and 11am Sun.
gigem92
10:45a, 1/9/24
In reply to althormoon
We have been twice. Saturday afternoon and then yesterday afternoon. Happy Hour from 2-4 with half price drinks.

Monday
7:00 AM - 8:05 PM
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
8:00 AM - 8:05 PM
Sunday
11:00 AM - 8:05 PM
Captn_Ag05
1:15p, 1/9/24
The new Drew's on 21 is open.

7Brew opens January 15 at Villa Maria and Texas (across VM from Starbucks). I believe they have plans to open additional locations in BCS. If I remember correctly they submitted site plans for a location on Fitch close to Zaxbys.

https://7brew.com/

happyinBCS
1:33p, 1/9/24
In reply to Captn_Ag05
property is for sale 1,333,000 6% cap rate 10 year lease
halibut sinclair
1:36p, 1/9/24
What's tha Deal BBQ is opening a brick and mortar on East Hwy. 21 in the old Carp's/Halftime location. Their trailer on North Texas will remain open.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 3 of 30
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings