Metroplex
Sponsored by

Spring 2024 Storms

15,967 Views | 159 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Eliminatus
752bro4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now that the calendar has turned to March, it's time for Spring weather craziness.

Could Thursday get a little wild?
AgsWin2011
AG
I'm definitely ready for it. The older I get the more I hate winter. But I still think I hate 110 more.
harge57
AG
AgsWin2011 said:

I'm definitely ready for it. The older I get the more I hate winter. But I still think I hate 110 more.

Ugggh. 88 last week in February I was ready to move. Winter can stick around as long as it wants IMO.
FTAG 2000
AG
Models are all over the place on Thursday. Still feels too early. Guess someone could catch some hail.

Will be interested to see if the models can sort out the noise in the data as we get closer.
AgsWin2011
AG
Ready for the rain, not so much the hail.

Has anyone here already fertilized their lawn yet? Wondering if I should do it now or wait for another week or two.
HouseDivided06
AG
I put down pre-emergent this weekend but guy at the local nursery I go to in Frisco advised waiting until April 1. I might do it a week before that, but we will see.
Spaceship
AG
I just ripped off my back patio roof and left my exterior wall exposed to the elements while re-building/re-roofing/re-flashing it. We're certain to get torrential rains this week now. You're welcome.
AgsWin2011
AG
I didn't put down winterizer last year. Completely slipped my mind. Been pulling weeds like crazy. Ready to start spraying or applying something to cut down the manual labor.
FTAG 2000
AG
Put down pre emergent last Friday.

Will do a second treatment in late April. Winter is over.
AgsWin2011
AG
Is it too late to put down pre-emergent if the weeds are already… emerging?
dvldog
AG
Today's weeds would have been prevented by preemergent last August/September.

This application is to prevent warm season weeds from germinating over the next few months, with a booster application required in ~100 days.
FTAG 2000
AG
Thursday model runs suddenly starting to look a little spicy for evening into overnight.

Strong winds, big hail, and even twisters possible.
fc2112
I'm putting dow pre emergent early Thursday morning. This is the only time slot I have to do it.

Hope the rain isn't too bad that night.
Fenrir
Seeing some lightning in some clouds tonight. Didn't think there was a chance of storms?
Robert C. Christian
AG
Slight chance tonight. Just missed us in our neighborhood.
AgsWin2011
AG
Only thing I see on the radar is up near Sherman
YouBet
AG
I have to tell y'all it's kind of weird how much of a change in weather we have now that we moved out of DFW. It might be the biggest change I've had to go through.

Went from the instant craziness up there to more of a constant breeze/wind, fog at times, and sun.

Not to rub it in; we are always a candidate for getting wiped out by a hurricane.
Fenrir
This definitely wasn't up there. Was high elevation cloud lightening I saw on way home, just was really surprising to me.
FTAG 2000
AG
There were two cells east and southeast of Dallas. Headed for Corsicana. High tops with good lightning and some small hail.
aggieswin12
Hail threat kinda high tonight
Robert C. Christian
AG
Had 1" in 20 minutes around 6PM. Looks like a few more batches coming through.
752bro4
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Had 1" in 20 minutes around 6PM.
weird brag from the Mrs
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Glad you went there because I was about to
FTAG 2000
AG
A real soaking there.
TAMUallen
AG
752bro4 said:

Robert C. Christian said:

Had 1" in 20 minutes around 6PM.
weird brag from the Mrs

Garrelli 5000
AG
Approached downtown Dallas last night right at 6pm via 45N. Yuck. I was in my wife's rwd crossover instead of my truck, i.e. close to the ground.

Soon after 45 curves towards downtown on the leftmost lane was a massive puddle. Pucker factor 1000 as I hit it. I wasn't hauling ass already due to the rain and was able to slow enough at the last second that I maintained control Sure as hell glad nobody was riding my ass!

I'm normally a left lane driver as much as possible, but I stuck to the middle once I hit 75 and later DNT. I quickly decided I'll get home when I get home.
Take the trash out staff.
mAgnoliAg
AG
1.7 inches here in Fort Worth
J.P. 03
AG
Can't wait to discover which doors in my house no longer close all the way once our incredible North Texas soil absorbs all this water
aggiesherpa
AG
2.6 inches in coppell
Proposition Joe
J.P. 03 said:

Can't wait to discover which doors in my house no longer close all the way once our incredible North Texas soil absorbs all this water

We went the other way, our front door will stay shut without having to lock it now!
beatlesphan
AG
2.6" in Farmers Branch. What a great rain event
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
Looks like more heavy stuff this afternoon
AgsWin2011
AG
Bring on the rain, but please no hail…
fc2112
AgsWin2011
AG
fc2112 said:

As goofy and stupid as these things look, I've considered purchasing something like this. My truck won't fit in the garage since I put the grill guard on.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.