Anybody else do this?

1,796 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by Greener Acres
Independence H-D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Every. Single. Time.
L8HIT
AG
Does Google Maps estimate the time based on following the posted speed limits or what? I know it adjusts for accidents and such.
USAFAg
AG
Yep. That's a game I like to play. I also play it against Waze

12thFan/Websider Since 2003
Furlock Bones
AG
L8HIT said:

Does Google Maps estimate the time based on following the posted speed limits or what? I know it adjusts for accidents and such.

Speed limits, average driving speeds, etc. They have all of the data.
maroon barchetta
I don't wear a hat, so no.
Matsui
AG
Yes I try to beat it
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I heard Google is going to start giving achievement awards for beating their times
Independence H-D
I don't do it for awards and accolades. I do it for the challenge alone.
maroon barchetta
Google promises to send one of these to every winner.

The Pilot
AG
10 years ago yes, now those ETAs are pretty accurate unless you completely deviate from the recommended route or there's an incident
Pahdz
The recommended route isn't always the fastest
combat wombat™
AG
Pahdz said:

The recommended route isn't always the fastest
Yep, they have started throwing the "green" route out as recommended... and it's often more time-consuming.
FightinTAC08
AG
its hard to beat waze's ETA, but i find myself beating google's ETA all the time.
NETAG
On a trip, my kids know to look at the map eta when they get in the car to leave. They have bought in and now I don't have to say anything. We can pull off for gas and my 11 year old will say..."Alright, pee quick, we have to be back on the road in 5 minutes to stay ahead of schedule". My wife always says something like "Schedule? We do not have a schedule". To which he replies." The clock mom, the clock". I just smile silently and gladly receive her look what you did stare.
Pahdz
Anyone else still like to use paper maps? I'm a huge map nerd and love just looking at my route on a map spread out.
OnlyForNow
AG
As long as the maps get rolled and not folded... "There's a big crease right through Wichita!"
USAFAg
AG
Pahdz said:

Anyone else still like to use paper maps? I'm a huge map nerd and love just looking at my route on a map spread out.
Used to make strip maps for easy access and navigating for travelling in the days before all the electronic aids.

Still keep a truckers map atlas in my trunk "just in case" now.

12thFan/Websider Since 2003
Greener Acres
AG
Pahdz said:

Not me, but I used to have the bit Texas Atlas between my seat and the center console. I hated it when you had to turn not just one page, but a few, and the road you were looking at wasn't coming out of the top of the page, in the same area it went off the bottom of the page I was looking at.

But man that thing showed me every little road in the state and we used a lot of them in college.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.